Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-25-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
Take a look at this...

taken from the dock of the family cottage on the trent-severn system in Ontario.

Baja boat (about 29' long) with a 454, thu-hull exhuast screaming!

Filled with "dude-buds" ripping up our "quiet bay"

They also did some "wakeboarding" behind that thing too...

Guy purposely flipped the thu-prop exhaust to the thu-hull to let everyone know.... totally obnoxious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOV7StccxI8
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-26-2008, 2:29 AM Reply   
Greg you cant be serious, you own an X-star and your pointing the finger at a go fast boat for loving opec?? As far as the quiet bay thing goes surely you dont wakeboard there making waves with your stereo playing? Just cause its not your cup of tea...If boaters in general dont band together and start working toward protecting what we do have big govt will slice and dice us to little bits till it aint no fun to be on the water anymore.
Old     (pickles)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2008, 4:03 AM Reply   
That thing sounds awesome.
Love the big blocks.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
Bob- Actually believe it or not... I am not "one of those" boarders who you see pictured from the Delta.....

X-star has a MCX and has baffled tips.... Stereo is never that loud... I have to repect my nieghbors as I plan on being at our cottage for the rest of my life...

Not necessarily in my best interests to piss them off.

Cup of tea.... come on now... we are talking about tubing behind a 30' boat! Guy could have easily gone out into the main lake or ran the thu-prop exhaust and kept people from getting annoyed...

He did circles tubing for 1 hour striaght.....
Old     (wotan)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Maybe he was disrespectful. You could be right. I don't know the area enough to pass judgement.

But.... It's his money and his boat. I dont think it's worth getting down on him for "wasting" gas. That's what all of us do. I've got a big block in my boat that makes ~425hp. Probably about the same as his and we spend all day wakeboarding or surfing. It's my choice.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-26-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
I have to agree with these guys.... the guy in the big boat may have been disrespectful, but he has the right to do that kind of thing just as much as you have the right to wakeboard or kick it in the bay.

We have the same kind of people on our lake. I just go somewhere else..... to avoid their wakes & noise.

And I'm sure there are people out there who get bent out of shape when they see us coming too. Whatever, we all have the right to be on the lake. Frankly I laugh anytime I see someone with an expensive boat who can't do anything but tube behind it. But to each his own. Move on.
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-26-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
I see both sides on this one. But in my opinion, that looks like a really big bay. So the chances that he was ruining premo glass is pretty slim. I could see being pissed off if the guy was up in a nice ski cove with nice glass rippin power turns, that would piss me off. But in a big open bay that has some chop already, I dont see it to be a problem.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
It's a bay that is off the main lake, normally full of people floating in water and swimming, skiing and boarding.

It's fairly small bay, about 800 feet wide and 2000 feet longish.... est..

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k212/GTI2lo/misc/SparrowLake_SevernRiver.jpg

PS I can't move to avoid the noise as I was sitting on my DOCK!

Never complained about boat, tubing, gas... only the NOISE!

PS it's law to have muffled tips on any boat...
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-26-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
Do most of those loud boats have the option of putting the exhaust through the prop? I see those guys making huge noise just in the marina at idle speed at Mead. Very obnoxious, IMO.

Imagine how it sounded to the guys in the tube.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-26-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
ear plugs? Or so I hope...
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-26-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
I think your going over the edge on this one. Unless your only out there in a canoe while calling the loons than ....

IMO I love to hear those monster roar. If I had one I would be doing the same thing too.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-26-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
im still confused about the whole delta comment..... im all ears greg please tell me about delta riders since your from here! keep your delta comments to yourself! by the way my boat does not even have tower speakers. so again please tell me about "one of those" delta riders because i am one and im curious!!!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-26-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Sounds pretty bad ass to me... although I can understand it's not for everyone. First thing in the morning or when the kids are sleeping or whatever, then yeah, I can see why you'd be pissed.

I'm not sure I understand this thru prop exhaust thing. We ride behind an I/O and as soon as she gets on plane you can hear the motor clear as day, doesn't exit through the prop but just above it through the trim tab. Only time it is muffled by the water is when we are off the plane.

(Message edited by jtnz on August 26, 2008)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-27-2008, 11:36 PM Reply   
Greg I was referring to the title "Opec" comment. I can see where your coming from as far as the noise and them not just running out in the main channel but unless there is a noise ordinance and it is enforced or you call the patrol... Maybe you should follow them home and park out back of their house with your stereo cranking them explain to them that was how you fealt when he parked in your back yard?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-28-2008, 4:07 PM Reply   
I have no complaints against OPEC... I am a supporter!

That guy was just a much better supporter than me.

I think they are making too much profit.. another story... another lost battle.

Brother took a fitting picture of the 40th at the gas dock... as 5 x 5 gallon Jerry Cans didn't cut it.... $1.48/ltr

Upload
Old     (tversetti)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-28-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
The guy posted this out of frustration.
Sitting at your cottage, ALL of you would be thinking the same thing.

that said, you are all right
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-28-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
My X Star isn't baffled. I have an LY6 that is straight piped. It sounds awesome, my neighbors actually love it. I know, I asked. Different strokes for different folks. Just like I keep my X on a lift, and Greg's dad keeps his on mooring whips.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Not Dad.... owned by myself and brother....

I do have an education and a good job... amazing isn't it! I am not a freeloader!
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-29-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
ok....so would you like to address Bryan(westsiderippa)'s question?