Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2018, 2:08 PM Reply   
any experience on here with screen time control apps to lock down your kids devices. I am looking for something that will put timers on individual apps but not lock down the entire phone. For example they can have 30 minutes on youtube 30 minutes on something else but would always be able to access facetime.
I have done a couple of trials but havent found what i am looking for.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2018, 3:24 PM Reply   
Apple is actually including exactly what you are looking for in the next iOS update in a couple months https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2018/...e-screen-time/

I'm a teacher and at back to school night I am going to beg every parent to use this to restrict their phones during school
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-26-2018, 5:53 PM Reply   
Dang I'm gonna have to make use of that for my daughter when it comes out!!!

On a similar subject... what apps are you all using to monitor your child's phone? I just installed TeenSafe on my daughter's phone yesterday, but so far haven't been able to really spend time observing it yet. It's a monthly $14.95 fee, but I have reasons for watching her activity. It looked like ha best option for iPhone from al that I looked at. I mainly want to track texting. I'm currently using the parental controls on the phone, but I don't believe they function properly at all times. For instance I noticed she downloaded Instagram and Snapchat again even though I don't believe those apps should show up since technically you have to be 18+ yo to create an account and I have her phone looked down at 12 yo. I may have something setup wrong though.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-01-2018, 12:32 PM Reply   
A former WW frequenter just started a company and built an app called Goya Move

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goya...368055924?mt=8
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2018, 10:55 PM Reply   
Thanks for the Plug Jarrod! Our own household suffered from screen time addiction which lead me to this incredible venture. check out www.goyamove.com its available on both the Android and iOS App Store. What we learned is that kids do not respond well to "parental control" type apps.. its a form of punishment. Our app encourages movement and teach moderation and accountability. We aren't saying No you cant use your phone, our message is to move first.. go play be a kid, earn your screen time. Our studies show that when kids get out to play, they usually stay like that for a while. We promote Digital Well-Being without the parents being the bad guy!