Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-23-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
Anybody got any leads on Company mounting hardware??
Attached Images

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-25-2016, 4:28 AM Reply   
http://blemboard.com/collections/closed-toe
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2016, 12:24 PM Reply   
I am in the same boat and was about to post asking the same thing. I have a set of Company pros that I broke the base on and then was lucky enough to to find another pair in my size... Now I have broken the metal on both sides of the baseplate where the clamp attaches. Looks like the same thing has happened to you. I saved my old set and was hoping to use the parts off if it. But only 1 of the 2 pieces was good the other had a Crack also. Maybe Joe Burbo might chime in. I think that he is the Company expert. If not does anyone have a suggestion on a reasonably priced binding similar to the old Company Pro's.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-28-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Yeah I have been lurking around looking for some inexpensive Company bindings... at this point I don't care if they are the right size, as long as the mounting hardware comes with them.
My other thought was reverse engineering them & having a guy at work CNC me a set.....
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-28-2016, 7:06 PM Reply   
That might be expensive, but if you have it done, please let me know, because I would buy some all I need are the metal rails that screw to the base. I might have some extra mounting stuff. When I bought my 2nd set, something got lost out of the box. But I do know that I have some extra stuff I a zip lock bag. But it is at my Lake house. I can look this weekend. I might be able to do something with mine as one rail just has a slight Crack... I might be able to ride them a little longer. But I broke down and ordered a set of Ronix Preston's last night.... I sure hope that I like them.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
CTRL uses close to the same style of mount.. Maybe you can get some from them that will work
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-29-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
I'll have to look into the CTRL mounting system.....
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-01-2016, 3:53 AM Reply   
Wazzy, have you had any luck? I will be at the lake this weekend and will search through my Company hardware, but after looking closer at your picture I think that I I might have what you need.

Does anyone have the metal rails that screw into the plastic on the baseplate? These pictures are what I need, but they may be specific (inside and outside of the binding. I tried to part out my other set that was broken, but only had 1 that wasn't broken or cracked
Attached Images

Old     (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-05-2016, 8:01 AM Reply   
I think there are a few pairs of Company bindings on Ebay right now, but they are priced way too high. I will dig through my collection of parts and see what I can come up with
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-05-2016, 7:18 PM Reply   
Why not just buy some current production bindings? These things are not designed to last more than a few seasons.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-06-2016, 9:41 AM Reply   
Somewhat related: I have a new pair of Company Vandall size 11 that are too big for me. I mounted them on a board and rode it once, then put them back in the box with all the hardware. What is a fair price for these or should I just throw them on eBay and find out?

Bonus pic with my DIY suck gate:

Last edited by brainrinse; 07-06-2016 at 9:44 AM.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-06-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
Brain... $25.00 wish I was an 11, if the price is right, I may grab them for parts....

Justin... just bought these CO bindings a month or so ago... kind of a waste to not use them .... Plus they are the best fitting bindings I have found so far...
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2016, 6:40 PM Reply   
I agree with Wazzy, the Company bindings are just right... I can't really explain it, but they are really easy to get in and out of. They fit great, and are super comfortable. I discovered them by accident and got my 1st set for $75 on Ebay. I was going to use them on an old board, but they didn't match up with the 8" hole pattern, so I tried them on my good board and bought adapter plates for the Hyperlite Teams that I was using and put them on the old Murray. I could never get the Teams to cinch tight enough and then they would always loosen up during a set. The Company's were just perfect. I am sad that I am probably going to have to move on... Like Joe Burbo said there are some on Ebay, but over priced and I would only be buying them to rob the hardware... However, if anyone happens to have any parts please contact me. Wazzy I sent you a PM. I can send you a clamp if that's all you need.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-07-2016, 9:50 AM Reply   
Billy - I replied yesterday.....
still considering reverse engineering some parts....
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       07-08-2016, 12:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainrinse View Post
Somewhat related: I have a new pair of Company Vandall size 11 that are too big for me. I mounted them on a board and rode it once, then put them back in the box with all the hardware. What is a fair price for these or should I just throw them on eBay and find out?

Bonus pic with my DIY suck gate:
Hey brother, just shot you a PM.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-08-2016, 2:02 AM Reply   
??
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-08-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
Not a bad idea Alex... I think I have some old claws around somewhere... I'll check to see if they are the right height, or if the teeth line up.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2016, 3:24 PM Reply   
Forrest, check your PM. I have your clamps heading your way.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-20-2016, 9:45 AM Reply   
SICK!!! ThankSS