Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-03-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Late to the party, but that tan interior, red and black combo is sweet! Go for it Ian!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
I so prefer the Blunt Bow seen in the new CC over these silly pickle plasic protrusions!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
I like the white and red, but i really like the tan/red/black interior shot. Only question, can you get tan carpet instead of grey, I don't think the grey looks good with the tan interior.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-03-2012, 10:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I so prefer the Blunt Bow seen in the new CC over these silly pickle plasic protrusions!
Oh dear god no.. Those blunt noses on the Nautique and Moomba are the definition of hideous. I'm not a huge fan of the MB pickle forks either, but it's worlds better than that awful Nautique IMO.. Different strokes I guess
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2012, 11:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slax303 View Post
Oh dear god no.. Those blunt noses on the Nautique and Moomba are the definition of hideous. I'm not a huge fan of the MB pickle forks either, but it's worlds better than that awful Nautique IMO.. Different strokes I guess
OK.

My gripe is that they serve no function -- they are fashion only. Like a spoiler on the back of a car that adds no performance or like a hole in the hood of a hot rod that serves no purpose.

But, I actually like the forks on Tige's latest boats -- small, sharp and pointed.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2012, 5:02 AM Reply   
Johnny, i was thinking about that too. Wonder if I could do the faux teak sea-dek on the floor instead of the carpet. Was also thinking of doing that color on the swim platform too to match.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-04-2012, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
OK.

My gripe is that they serve no function -- they are fashion only. Like a spoiler on the back of a car that adds no performance or like a hole in the hood of a hot rod that serves no purpose.

But, I actually like the forks on Tige's latest boats -- small, sharp and pointed.
I would agree with all of that. I don't necessarily like the current forks on the MB, although these new ones are a bit better than the past. The Tige bow is probably my favorite
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-04-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
Look at he Mastercraft Pickleforks. In my opinion they look the best and serve the best function. They are the only manufacturer that has utalized that area between the forks. The Mastercraft forks arent' too long but have a large nice step for stepping to a dock or jumping off onto shore, they have a ladder and anchor storage. They made it functional while keeping good looks.

As other have said, the picklefork on the MB's are just for aesthetics. Same with the Malibu MKZ and Tige boats. The blunt nose on the Nautique and Mojo are not good looking in the least. Deck boats were tried in the I/O market and I think they failed because they were so friggen ugly. We don't need to try that in the wakeboat market.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-04-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
Yeah the Mastercraft forks aren't too bad either. I like that they utilize that area as a step. Not a big fan of the bow ladders like the X45. It's nothing that would be a deal breaker or anything, but I'd rather have the solid looking front, instead of the 2 holes for the ladder. We never really jump off the front of the boat, so it's not a big deal, but to some it may be.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
I could totally use a step from the bow to my dock. In fact, I am tempted to put some anti-skid there in my 21WB.

I need a ladder off the bow like a hole in my head. I would much prefer a cleaner look and a lower price.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
Ian, now THAT would look sharp. Put that faux teak on the floor, swim step, and all the traction step areas.... I like it. I know you can dp it, just have to pay the price I guess. I would be cool to have the magnetic carpet in tan to throw on top of the teak just in case you want to have another option. The magnetic carpet is my favorite part of the MB's.

GD, I agree with the no-ladder, clean look front as well. As far as the pickles, they CAN serve a purpose... lead. My front end has smaller triple-points, non functional of course, but look good imo, but I put a bunch of lead in there and nobody will ever know... I would like to see the backrest cushions in the pickle bows fold down to an open area for storage, anchors, fenders, dock lines, lead, small cooler... My boat has a nice unused area in that bow in the pickles, I would love it if the cushions folded down to reveal a fiberglass finished storage area. The best thing about my bow, and looks like the new G23 has it as well, is it has a nice flat area with traction pads to step onto, much better than the traditional bows with slippery sloped noses, or the mb's pickles that make the center of the bow difficult to reach for.

That G23 blunt nose will take a while to get used to, and even though its slightly better looking than its moomba copy, it does do a good job of being functional with the 2 level steps, as well as the interior is pushed very far forward utilizing most of the bow.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-05-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
forgot the picture
FYI, the final production model will have the red follow the seats around as it should. This boat I'm sure will get a replacement cushion.

As for being straight, i disagree. I think it's much better with some curve in it. This is the very first one out of the mold. There is another with the different gel scheme out and they are going to be water testing the three before production begins.

Skylon has all new racks for these boats to go with the tower, and there is a new bimini top too (obviously).

When you are sitting in the drivers seat, the forks look very cool. I always felt like I was driving a vette (a la long nose) when I drove the 23TC. My understanding is that the 24TC handles just like the 23 TWB with the larger tracking fins, which would be pretty impressive for a larger boat.

Anyway, i'm psyched to get mine of course. Last year had my boat end of April I think and it was cold as hell, this year won't have it till end of May and March of course is in the friggin 80s!!!! Such is life.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-05-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
Ian, any insights as to what the height will look like with the tower down?

I like the red/brown combo you're thinking of, looks really sharp!
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Design a boat or photoshop something! Gotta see the full concept. Man she sounds hot. Ian, let me remind you that we are buddies. So stoked to smell the new vinyl and watch that bi*tch cleave out some meaty wakes. Nothing better than cutting into a big new wake that you know could bust your F*#KIN knees when you finally decide to land.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-06-2012, 6:10 PM Reply   
Love the tan interior you showed previously in the thread, but you have to get black carpet with that...lose the light grey.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-06-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see it. I liked the widebody wake better, but the original Tomcat had the biggest wake I've seen from the MB's.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-07-2012, 5:22 AM Reply   
Brett, think i am going with the black/red design that is on the first page of this thread. I'm going to call the company that makes the carpet to see if I can special order brown/tan carpet. I was thinking of trying to do that faux teak flooring in it but I just don't think i'll have time to do this as right now it's looking like late May early June before I get a boat. MB is really killing it right now with tons of orders. I think Mike told me there were like 60 orders for boats that already have customer deposits on them! So, I really won't be customizing much this season. ''

Of course I'll hit you up as soon as it gets here!

Last edited by wakereviews; 04-07-2012 at 5:27 AM. Reason: ...
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-07-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Brett, think i am going with the black/red design that is on the first page of this thread. I'm going to call the company that makes the carpet to see if I can special order brown/tan carpet. I was thinking of trying to do that faux teak flooring in it but I just don't think i'll have time to do this as right now it's looking like late May early June before I get a boat. MB is really killing it right now with tons of orders. I think Mike told me there were like 60 orders for boats that already have customer deposits on them! So, I really won't be customizing much this season. ''

Of course I'll hit you up as soon as it gets here!
I used to work for the carpet company that makes MB's carpet, and they have a 40oz brown/tan colored carpet called "Santana" that would look awesome with the tan interior. I think you'll be pretty stoked with how that turns out.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-07-2012, 12:06 PM Reply   
Nice! Sean, what is the name of the company so I can give them a call?
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-07-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
It's Corinthian Marine Carpet

www.corinthianmarine.com
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-08-2012, 4:57 PM Reply   
Hull looks like a sea ray with an inboard. Deep v and deep draft. Boat doesn't look in proportion to my eye. To each their own, but I don't like that design.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-09-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
ugh, corinthian won't deal with me, gotta go direct through MB.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-09-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
A friend of mine is getting one, he should have it in 6 weeks, I will share some photos, etc

Can't wait to ride this beast!
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-12-2012, 5:04 AM Reply   
any new info on this boat yet?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-12-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
has anyone heard about the wake yet?
Attached Images

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-12-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Why not close off those pickles and put a friggin flat deck area with swim platform materials/covering on it so you can have a nice big area to step onto the front of the boat? How about just incorporating some brackets on the forks for a removable flat piece that you could put up there to use as a step/platform for loading and unloading the boat? How about a bracket where you could drop a damn igloo in the nose between the pickels. Seems like a lot of wasted space.
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-12-2012, 4:04 PM Reply   
OUCH on that 75k price tag.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-12-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscno View Post
OUCH on that 75k price tag.
$75k is a lot of money, but where else can you get a new 24' boat for that?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-12-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
$75k is a lot of money, but where else can you get a new 24' boat for that?
If 75k is true then I think that is way too big of a jump from the 23TWB. It seems new 23TWB's can be had loaded anywhere from 55-65 depending on the dealer. I would pay an extra 5k for the 24tomcat but that is about it.

As for other boats that are that size that you can get for 75k the only option is a Supra 242 I think. Maybe a centurion 240 or 244? Centurions seem to have taken a huge jump in price in the last 2 or 3 years so I wouldnt' be surprised if they are higher. Everything else 24' is more expensive and most of them by 10 grand plus.

That would be a tough choice between a 242 supra and an MB 24 tomcat though. I would rather have the 24 tomcat over the RZ4, X45, SAN230, Malibu 247 seeing as the MB is probably 10k less at least.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-12-2012, 5:17 PM Reply   
That boat won't sell for $75K. I am not claiming any inside information, but I know MB pricing pretty well (new and used). Maybe $75K is MSRP, or maybe it's what MB hopes they will sell for. But ultimately I think it's a mid-high $60's boat.

Brett is right... $75k is too big a jump from the TWB 23.

As for the forks, I have mixed feelings about them. Having owned both traditional and picklefork, I'm not a big fan of the forks on any boat. But I think people are sometimes a little hard on MB. Sure, the old 23 Tomcat had very long forks, but these new ones are much shorter, and yet still people complain. I don't hear anybody complaining about all the other pickle forks on the market. The truth is they are ALL wasting space/length (some more than others). But they give you more width, which is a trade off. My F21 Tomcat (very short forks) had a much wider bow than my 21 TWB. But it was also much shorter. Ultimately I like the new "deck boat" designs you see from Moomba and Nautique. Seems it's the best of both worlds... wide w/out wasting length with the forks. Maybe others will follow.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
We use all of the room of the pickle design possible! Perfect for stepping on and off the boat and looks to kill! I never understood the huge "forks" on the MB's - makes a 23' boat 21' instantly. I do like the looks, but the lack of function kills it for me.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-13-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
The V226 might pull off the picklefork the best of any wake boat. Great looks, functional, maximum space, etc..

IXFE, that is what I am thinking as well. The one thing that might make it more then the 23 is that this boat likely should be equipped with the 409 which is a pretty big upgrade charge isn't it?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogod77 View Post
We use all of the room of the pickle design possible! Perfect for stepping on and off the boat and looks to kill! I never understood the huge "forks" on the MB's - makes a 23' boat 21' instantly. I do like the looks, but the lack of function kills it for me.
That Supreme may be functional, but I don't care for the looks.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-13-2012, 11:37 AM Reply   
I just read the following from MB:

All 17 presold 24TC's sold at 75k firm, no wiggle room. They have built 4 so far. Pics should be hitting their FB page soon. Presold boats get first priority, then dealer orders. My local dealer expects one in 3 weeks.

The 24TC comes standard with 410hp Indmar, 2500lbs ballast, logo carpet, 2 point tower, zero off, twin batteries, cover, Bimini, Bluetooth, Wet Sounds, and new graphics inside and out.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-13-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
awesomeness

hope they take this redisgn to the smaller f21
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-13-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure the length of the boat is measured down the middle so the forks aren't even factored into the length.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-16-2012, 10:27 PM Reply   
I don't want to start a war, but why all of the Indmar love? For a long time, the MB crowd was pumped about PCM engines, just curious as to the change of heart?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-16-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
I wanna see the WAKE!
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-17-2012, 4:39 AM Reply   
agreed, whats taking so long. The boats already been in the water, open the valve and flood the bottom!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-19-2012, 3:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Look at he Mastercraft Pickleforks. In my opinion they look the best and serve the best function. They are the only manufacturer that has utalized that area between the forks. The Mastercraft forks arent' too long but have a large nice step for stepping to a dock or jumping off onto shore, they have a ladder and anchor storage. They made it functional while keeping good looks.

As other have said, the picklefork on the MB's are just for aesthetics. Same with the Malibu MKZ and Tige boats. The blunt nose on the Nautique and Mojo are not good looking in the least. Deck boats were tried in the I/O market and I think they failed because they were so friggen ugly. We don't need to try that in the wakeboat market.
I checked out a new MXZ yesterday and in the bow where the ladder is was kind of a tray in between the forks. It went into a cubbyhole type area and the dealer said in a previous boat he owned he put lead in that compartment. Looked like you could maybe fit a couple hundred pounds in there.