Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       04-25-2019, 3:31 PM Reply   
Both are 2015 and are decently priced. Which would have the better wake or closer wake to 2nd gen xstar . Which would have more room.
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       04-26-2019, 3:14 PM Reply   
G all day
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-27-2019, 1:21 AM Reply   
a22 is quicker and easier to set up wake (or wave), less finicky side to side
g21 has more space, and better fit and finish, less bow rise
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-27-2019, 3:09 AM Reply   
A22>g21

I’ve got hundreds of hours on our T22 (very similar hull) and a G and the G wake is finicky to get dialed due to enormous amounts of prop torque.

The axis wake is also closer to the old star. G is slightly bigger and harder though, that’s a fact, though you could really ramp up the axis wake with more weight
Old     (SoulSurfer)      Join Date: Oct 2016       04-28-2019, 3:18 PM Reply   
But seriously, if you're buying a boat and not only a wake and those two boats are close in price (I am assuming that is what is meant by "decently priced" - maybe I'm wrong, as that's hard to picture), I can't imaging not getting the Nautique.
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       04-29-2019, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSurfer View Post
But seriously, if you're buying a boat and not only a wake and those two boats are close in price (I am assuming that is what is meant by "decently priced" - maybe I'm wrong, as that's hard to picture), I can't imaging not getting the Nautique.
Yea there is a 25k difference but the g is loaded. If we can get the same boat meaning wake, room, wave, and basically the same size for less money it seems smarter. It feels as G is a better boat and i want to make sure . An a22 with how much ballast compares to a stock g21 wake?
Old     (wakeboardrider123)      Join Date: Oct 2018       04-29-2019, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
A22>g21

I’ve got hundreds of hours on our T22 (very similar hull) and a G and the G wake is finicky to get dialed due to enormous amounts of prop torque.

The axis wake is also closer to the old star. G is slightly bigger and harder though, that’s a fact, though you could really ramp up the axis wake with more weight
How good is the T22 with maybe 4000 pounds in it? If it can get as good as an a22 I would look more into that because there is much more room on it than an a22. Does it compare to a G or 2nd gen xstar. Reason why i say 2nd gen xstar is because we have a buddy who has it and it rocks. We used to have a 230 which we didnt love the wake but didn't hate.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-29-2019, 7:50 AM Reply   
The wakes are more or less comparable but as i said above:

a22 is quicker and easier to set up wake (or wave), less finicky side to side
g21 has more space, and better fit and finish, less bow rise

so you gotta decide if you want to pay more for the g or not...up to you. both great boats. you can't get a better wake or wave for the money then axis.

We tried the t22 and were not a big fan. seems like it is not as vertical as the a22. the 230 has a great wake but you gotta add a ton of water, and then still doesn't have much storage compared to g.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-29-2019, 11:17 AM Reply   
I agree with the G21 being a bit finicky side to side but I really didn't find it that tough to adjust - any Malibu or Axis is better. It's a bit surprising that people are saying they're similar in size though (not saying they are wrong but that hasn't been my experience). I found the G21 was a lot bigger. To be fair the A22 wasn't loaded up with 4000 lbs of weight but I've also been behind a vlx and a 23 lsv loaded right up and they also seem smaller than the G21 or G23.

Unless you ride the boat until it dies the true incremental cost of the G21 will be less than $25K. I like the Axis but but personally it's Nautique any day.

+1 on the second gen xstar wake being great.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2019, 11:33 AM Reply   
I owned two A22s. I'd put the wake up against anything short of a G23. I've also owned 4 Xstars. Most people that know me know my standard for wakeboarding wakes is very high. I can't imagine the need to spend the extra money on the Nautique unless you're a CC brand guy, or money grows on trees for you (more power to you). When I went with the A22 I was stepping down from having 3 Malibu MXZ 22s and my experience on the water never suffered one bit. I actually think the A22 wake is better than the Gen 1 MXZ. The A22 wake is dope.

Speaking strictly from a wakeboarding standpoint. I don't surf at all.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-29-2019, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardrider123 View Post
How good is the T22 with maybe 4000 pounds in it? If it can get as good as an a22 I would look more into that because there is much more room on it than an a22. Does it compare to a G or 2nd gen xstar. Reason why i say 2nd gen xstar is because we have a buddy who has it and it rocks. We used to have a 230 which we didnt love the wake but didn't hate.
T is very similar to the A just a bit more mellow, less lip, so probably even more like the old star but it’s been a while since I rode that boat.

I’ve never put that much weight in it. I haven’t felt a need. With plug n play I’m at like 2400 lbs plus people and auto wedge in the higher position. It’s just super fun and consistent