Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    bigdtx            11-10-2014, 4:03 PM Reply   
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-10-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
Won't be long for one of them!!!!!
Old    bigdtx            11-11-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
They obviously know this road like the bck of their hand but I had to rewind a couple of times and just go WTF! Balls of steel.
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-11-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
my favorite part... @2:20 lead goes rt, he goes left on inside shoulder around that car!

Passing moving cars is not nearly as bad as avoiding stationary objects at +180mph!!!
like:
1:19 bicyclist on shoulder.
3:44 car parked on shoulder.
If they happen to have been on that oustide shoulder at either of those moments... R.I.Pieces.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-11-2014, 1:28 PM Reply   
That's a very suspenseful video. I had to remember to breathe a few times.
There is one reason I don't own a motorcycle. I would kill myself.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-12-2014, 8:45 AM Reply   
I am all about the cbr1000. favorite bike i've ridden or owned, but I am honestly blown away how well it did compared to the new bmw, the tech they have in that bike is absolutely insane. if I had 25k to drop on a new bike... it would defiantly be this one... or maybe this video just proves why Honda is the best.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-12-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
Just wait until one of them comes through the rear window at 150+ and kills an innocent traveler...
So irresponsible....
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-13-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
Damn I miss those days. Watching old videos of "Ghost rider" was awesome. The Euro guys are crazy.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       11-22-2014, 4:17 AM Reply   
55 to 65 cruisin on my Softail is just fine for me.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-24-2014, 5:52 AM Reply   
Yep I used to love these video's too. Until I watched my buddy split two car that where slightly staggered right in front of me. The car on the left moved over as he went by and clipped his handle bars and through him into the guard rail. I almost got ran over by the car behind me because I braked so hard my back tire was off the ground as his bike bounced back across the highway in front of me. He survived but when got off my bike he was laying on the right side of the highway and I stop on the left. And right beside my bike laying in the grass was his leg cut off just above the knee. I'll never forget it laying there with no shoe and just a sock still on it. It was so weird to see it took me a second to realize this was his leg laying there.

So If you still ride just be careful, Its not falling down that will kill you (most times) its what you slide into or stop you at 90 mph that does the damage.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-24-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
The video proves that the honda rider was more confident I'm guessing.

My buddy used to race 125cc 2 stroke bikes professionally. I've watched him on the race track smoke R1s, CBR1000s...ALL of the big liter bikes on a 50 horsepower race bike. It's skill and confidence.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-24-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
^What Blair said. These are misdirected youth. The riders themselves are someone's kids. The people in those cars and on the bicycle are fathers/mothers, brothers/sisters and kids of someone. I have no problem going "balls out" on a track, but the idiocy of those riders is not something to be admired.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-24-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Sold my GSR after burying one friend who took out a guard rail doing 120+ and watching the other go off to prison for IVMS after killing his girlfriend who was riding on the back,. We used to ride out of the AV all through the passes and up Pear blossom highway, back roads into Mountain high. With nobody left to ride with I put a sign on her and never looked back.
We did crazy crap just like this all the time and yeah, it cost me two friends.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-24-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
Hopefully when these selfish careless punks eventually crash, they only hurt or kill themselves.