Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
I have an accurate a line and the main section is 70 feet long. I am experimenting with new lengths on our 2010 Moomba LSV and want to try out 65 feet. Is there some way or some hardware piece that will grab the line so I can shorten it without tieing a knot in it? The line is coated so I don't want to ruin it if I dont like the short length.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-17-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Search, Somewhere there is a post about making a loop around your thumb then wrapping the rope around your closed fist. That's all I remember...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
i only know one way, but it would not work on a coated line.

best to borrow someones shorter line i think
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-17-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
Funny I've been wanting to do the same thing. I've been casing the wake on my back rolls after a knee injury and have an A Line I'd like to shorten as well.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-18-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
I would just make a loop... wrap it around the tow pylon.... keeping the rope and the loose end over top of the loop... then take your loop and put it over the tow pylon...
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-18-2010, 9:13 AM Reply   
Magic knot. works like a charm...might kink the coated line just a little but no damage, I do it all the time. Hard to describe but Ill do my best...

1-make a "U" with the rope where you want the length to be (hold the rope together at the top of the u so its almost like a teardrop)
2-grab the bottom of the "U" (the curve) and pull it over the top of the "u", the result will look like two "p's" mirror imaged/back to back
3-now push the two curved parts of the "p" together underneath the rope so the result is a loop that will slip knot around your finger if you pull on the two ends of the rope
4-now take that slip knot loop and make sure its big enough so you can double it up (basically you twist the loop so its a figure 8, then fold one loop/circle of the 8 over the other circle of the 8. Just like a girl doubles up a hairband or whatever
5-put that doubled up loop over the tower/tow point and pull on the ends to tighten it. Itll hold and comes out easy. Its just one big loop. Sounds complicated but its really simple once you know how to do it. Its basically a slipknot/loop thing and you double it up.

Hope that helps
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
I think that this is what is discribed above. Not a coated rope, but works the same and you do not have to tie a knot.
Attached Images

Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-19-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
thats exactly what I did last weekend and it worked great. No damage to the line too.