Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                07-08-2005, 10:27 AM Reply   
Alright, I'm a 16 year old female, and I have been thinking about getting into some competitive riding, but I'm not sure what level I should be riding at. At competitions what kind of tricks are other 16 year old girls throwing?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-09-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
the level doesn't depend on the age. Some 16 year olds are ready for the pro circuit and some have just learned to get up. The MOST important thing is that you have fun and that you are continuing to learn. You don't have to be a certain skill level to "compete". Competitions can be a great learning device....they have been for me. It's a challenge for me to get out there and try to do the tricks I know in a short period of time with minimal errors and falls. At competitions, you should be riding at the level where you will be the most competitive---with others of your same skill level. I don't do inverts yet so I wouldn't hesitate to ride in novice instead of womens if it will give me a better chance competing with others my same skill level.
Old                07-10-2005, 6:11 PM Reply   
If you go to intleague.com there is a list of tricks on their website that correspond to differnt riding levels in their competitions. That would probably be a good place to start. They also have a list of the different chapter across the US, as well as competitions they will be holding.
I definitely agree that age doesn't have too much bearing on ability. It depends on fear level, time riding, aggresiveness... there are just too many variables.
Jesi
Old     (wakegrl2109)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-13-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
WHats a good compitition to start with thats in the sac area that would be good for a girl to get noticed. the every thurs comp? Anyone know
Old     (nikki)      Join Date: May 2004       07-13-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
I think they are only having one wet thursdays comp this year and its this thursday! So you can go, but i don't think you can compete i'm pretty sure the selection has already been made. But, try for next year!