Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (cwbwakeboarder)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
does virginia tech have a wakeboarding team or a club or something? if so how do i get envoled
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-04-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
Yes, they have a club team... contact Andrew Kuhn wkuhn@vt.edu
Old                07-18-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
yooo they do have a club with some pretty cool people. i'll be a sophomore there this year and probably going to join. a few of the guys there were talkin about possibly getting a group together to go to collegiate nationals or something
Old                07-18-2005, 10:20 AM Reply   
reaves- i'm a nerd and just looked you up on facebook and saw your boat. it looks sick, do you keep it at claytor during the school year?
Old                07-19-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
we keep it at claytor most of the year... its down right now... and not sure when it'll be back in action...
Old                07-22-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
i was asking reaves if he keeps his boat at claytor
Old                07-23-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
pardon me
Old                07-24-2005, 1:33 PM Reply   
sorry that came off a little bit rude, my bad
Old     (02byerly132)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-06-2005, 6:55 PM Reply   
No my boat stays at home in TN during the winter months... sigh
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-05-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
Glad to see VA Tech has a wakeboarding club! We live on Claytor Lake and we were wondering if anyone would be interested in trading a few trick tips for a few pulls? Our two kids would like to learn how to do some tricks on their wakeboards.
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-01-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
Has VT ever put on or sponsored any contests on Claytor or Smith Mountain? Are there any planned for the future?

Leigh, which part of the lake are you on? I live right near the lighthouse bridge, on the river side not the dam side.
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-07-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
Hey Chris,
We live on Dublin Hollow near the dam. Actually, you have already posted some with my daughter, Emily, on the SW VA riders thread. I have "met" Sharon through this message board and we have e-mailed each other a few times. Hopefully, we all can get together some when the weather warms up again! There is a picture of our boat under general discussion under the thread "who owns moombas". Check it out if you get a chance.
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-08-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
Yea, we'll definitely have to get together and ride next summer. Its always fun to have someone new to ride with. Your boat is awesome! Around what time of the spring do you usually put it in the water? Is Dublin Hollow before or after the state park?
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-08-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
Sounds like fun! Your boat looks pretty awesome too! I am not sure when we will put it in, it just depends on the weather I guess. Definitely in May, if not late April. Dublin Hollow is the closest to the dam. Covey's campground is on this hollow too. I don't think our tower will go under the bridge. Have you ever gone under w/your boat?
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-14-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
We can make it under if we lower the tower. Our side of the bridge is pretty dangerous for boats and riding. It is really shallow with sandbars and there is always logs and debris in the water. A lot of the time logs will fill with water and float about a foot under the surface, so you can't see them. It's pretty easy to waste a brand new prop on our side of the lake. Do you ever ride on Peak's Creek? Do you know who owns that red X-Star on Peak's Creek and if they ride much at all?
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-17-2005, 11:56 AM Reply   
No, we never ride on Peak Creek because it's so narrow. We saw the red X-Star there this summer, but we don't know who owns it. I know the people who live next door and had planned on asking them when I see them again. We mainly ride on Dublin Hollow and down near the dam. We are excited about finding some people to ride with next summer. Emily really wants to learn to do a lot more things with her board.
Old     (dockstartpro)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-17-2005, 1:39 PM Reply   
Yea, I'm glad we all met. My friends and I know a couple of tricks, so hopefully we can teach you all a few things next summer. One of the guys I ride with used to coach wakeboarding and is really helpfull when learning new things. Is there a lot of activity up near the dam on weekdays?
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-19-2005, 4:44 PM Reply   
No, it's not that bad. That is usually when we go out. The weekends are just too rough, unless we go out very early. I can't wait to see Sharon wakeboard! I am happy just to get across the wake!
Old     (leigh)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-20-2005, 6:08 PM Reply   
Hey Chris check out the swva riders site. Someone has posted a question to you.