Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-07-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
if it weren't for the bias against my industry, I wouldn't be giving politics a second thought.

stop the fear
stop the hate

let's all get back to life....

Having said that, I do believe that those who are afraid/concerned, should stay home, and stop mandating how the rest of us live
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-07-2020, 7:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I am admittedly bias. My industry has been targeted. It's ridiculous. The media needs to stop spreading the fear and hate. If you can't see that this is what's happening, then maybe it's the bubble that you are in, and not me
Fear is a reasonable thing if there's something to be afraid of, right? Not sure what the stats are in your county, but in mine, if you are over 60 and test positive, you have a 1 in 10 chance of dying (and it goes up for those over 70 and over 80).

Is sharing that information fear mongering? Is sharing ways to avoid becoming infected (like going to public places) fear mongering?

Ignoring the illness's effect on aging populations is to me like the cigarette companies claiming no link between smoking and lung cancer. Sure you can say it, but you aren't going to get people with a reasonable amount of intelligence to believe it. The genie is out of the bottle.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 7:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
if it weren't for the bias against my industry, I wouldn't be giving politics a second thought.

stop the fear
stop the hate

let's all get back to life....

Having said that, I do believe that those who are afraid/concerned, should stay home, and stop mandating how the rest of us live
Don’t forget to put your mask on in between bites!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-07-2020, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So how come the masks work then, but not at Costco?
Skin sloughing, hair that always is falling from the body, direct spital. Let me know when a doctor sneezes directly onto a patient when wearing a mask. Not going to happen.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Fear is a reasonable thing if there's something to be afraid of, right? Not sure what the stats are in your county, but in mine, if you are over 60 and test positive, you have a 1 in 10 chance of dying (and it goes up for those over 70 and over 80).

Is sharing that information fear mongering? Is sharing ways to avoid becoming infected (like going to public places) fear mongering?

Ignoring the illness's effect on aging populations is to me like the cigarette companies claiming no link between smoking and lung cancer. Sure you can say it, but you aren't going to get people with a reasonable amount of intelligence to believe it. The genie is out of the bottle.
If you’re in a high risk group, stay home. If not, giddy up to work and life. If you don’t know whether or not you’re high risk, ask your doctor. Done.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
All? Except for the 211,000 Dead, yeah keep beating it.
I don’t believe those numbers.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-07-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comment

It's frustrating and ridiculous

After all of the 2016 political back and forth with family, friends, message board friends, I vowed to stay away from it.

I slip sometimes
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
It would surprise no one if the Dems were behind Covid and a prolonged re opening they knew TRUMPs re election has a lot to do with the Economy. We all know what Bill Maher wished https://youtu.be/-3SjtG5lwOI
Well, they’re behind China, where it came from so... Oh and they are the ones killing the economy so... yep. Guilty.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-07-2020, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
If you’re in a high risk group, stay home. If not, giddy up to work and life. If you don’t know whether or not you’re high risk, ask your doctor. Done.
There's some sense in that.

One thing to remember is that voting isn't mandatory, and the elderly therefore have disproportionate control over our political system because they vote in greater numbers.

The low risk / high infection group (in my county it's 20-29 year olds who make up 25% of cases but represent less than 1% of deaths) don't really vote in proportion to their makeup in the population.

Guess who all politicians favor when it comes to making policy?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-07-2020, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Skin sloughing, hair that always is falling from the body, direct spital. Let me know when a doctor sneezes directly onto a patient when wearing a mask. Not going to happen.
I need you to spell that out a little more Delta because I'm not sure I understand your argument. Are you saying that people with masks are sneezing on you directly all the time at Costco?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-07-2020, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
It would surprise no one if the Dems were behind Covid and a prolonged re opening they knew TRUMPs re election has a lot to do with the Economy. We all know what Bill Maher wished https://youtu.be/-3SjtG5lwOI
How Fing stupid can one get? Did you even watch your vid? Explained it pretty well. And....they were right. The economy was in technical recession in Feb, pre-covid. You can only goose economy for so long.
So, in your theory, How did the Dems do the country dirty on Covid? Was the original plan to destroy the Dem base in NY first? Then hit Democrat california for thousands of deaths? Then THEY KNEW the republicans would finally figure it out? refuse mask wearing, social distancing... and keep their economies wide open, to Covid. Trump was in charge, right? Did they hypnotize him? How did those sharp bastards force him to do nothing, not require masks and all the BS he stated? I think im getting on board with you, i just need you to fill in a few of the blanks.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2020, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, I think she got braces and fixed that recently.
Nah she still has the Mr Ed thing going on. About 1,000x better looking than Trump tho. And 1,000,000x more competent which is how I normally judge politicians. She's a bit too left for me but at least she is rational and speaks like an adult.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2020, 8:16 AM Reply   
She is inline for the Noble Peace prize tho, lining up against Trump. It will be like pistol whipping a blind kid for his lunch money.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-07-2020, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don’t believe those numbers.
Pence just confirmed them. Who's lying/stupid - you or him?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-07-2020, 1:57 PM Reply   
Bahahahaha flies really are drawn to **** LOL

Wow that thing is still on there... layin eggs in pence's hair
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-07-2020, 3:07 PM Reply   
One thing this debate proved - Mike Pence really DOES have a black friend!
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Pence just confirmed them. Who's lying/stupid - you or him?
It’s actually YOU, who is both. I don’t think he confirmed them. Unlike you and Trump, he’s a decent man who chooses his battles wisely. He absorbed a lot of false stats put out by camel toe. Bickering about the numbers in a debate like that would have been time wasted. Our time here on this forum isn’t worth anything so we can yap about it all day long. One of my immediate takeaways was how I forgot there are still some decent people who can lead us. Pence is one of them. He showed just how awful of a human Harris is just by being himself-a kind, honest man with conviction and a spine. This debate showed why camel toe had no support and had to drop out of the primaries before the first vote ever happened. Dang, I wish I was voting for a President Pence.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 3:17 PM Reply   
Rest assured the SNL skit about the fly that escaped from camel toe’s decaying parts has already been written.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-07-2020, 3:20 PM Reply   
“Unlike you he’s a decent man”
“...Camel Toe...”

Lol. And pence is a hypocritical toady just like you.

Say it with me mark - Black Flies Matter!

I have a feeling the fly was a harbinger of the election result to come - just like this one was:
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-07-2020, 3:25 PM Reply   
And yes he did confirm it. He said it was supposed to be 2.2 million and that 220k was a miracle due to their impressive work.

You’ll likely get a chance to vote for Pres pence in 2024
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
She is inline for the Noble Peace prize tho, lining up against Trump. It will be like pistol whipping a blind kid for his lunch money.
Her one nomination to his three? Good luck.

Did she decide to stop beating up aborigines for a day or something? How does the leader of a wannabe Australia get nominated for that? I mean, you guys to Australia are like Mexico to us. Who paid off the NPP people for that nomination? How much did it cost? I think that money would’ve been better spent teaching your national bird how to fly or a massive campaign to convince people that rugby doesn’t suck.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-07-2020, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
“Unlike you he’s a decent man”
“...Camel Toe...”

Lol. And pence is a hypocritical toady just like you.

Say it with me mark - Black Flies Matter!

I have a feeling the fly was a harbinger of the election result to come - just like this one was:
Wes, I doubt even you have a shred of respect for Harris. There are reasons she couldn’t even make it to the first primary vote.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-07-2020, 4:21 PM Reply   
That fly smelt bull****, couldn't get away. Waah waaaa {sad trombone}
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-07-2020, 11:49 PM Reply   
I didn't watch but it must have been a good debate if the only bad thing wakeworld can come with on pence is a fly landed on his head.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-08-2020, 12:20 AM Reply   
So turns out that regeneron uses human stem cells in their research (although the cells themselves are not being used to create the particular cocktail being used for covid - those are immortalized embryonic kidney cells from human fetuses back in the 80s). Curious how mark n crew feel about Trump taking their cocktail as part of his treatment?

Last edited by pesos; 10-08-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 1:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
So turns out that regeneron uses human stem cells in their research (although the cells themselves are not being used to create the particular cocktail being used for covid - those are immortalized embryonic kidney cells from human fetuses back in the 80s). Curious how mark n crew feel about Trump taking their cocktail as part of his treatment?
So the drug he was given has nothing to do with stem cells and stem cells weren’t used to develop it, but you want to sort of imply that it does. Like guilty by association? I’ll tell you how I feel. I feel like you’re trying to start an argument about something that has nothing to do with the fact that your girl got her 95sn handed to her in last night’s debate and you need to change the subject quickly.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 1:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
I didn't watch but it must have been a good debate if the only bad thing wakeworld can come with on pence is a fly landed on his head.
That’s pretty much all CNN could come up with too. Sorry you missed it. It was fantastic watching Pence right the ship last night. You could tell what a good, decent man he is throughout the whole evening. And you could tell what a slimy, swamp-dwelling politician she is.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 1:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
There's some sense in that.

One thing to remember is that voting isn't mandatory, and the elderly therefore have disproportionate control over our political system because they vote in greater numbers.

The low risk / high infection group (in my county it's 20-29 year olds who make up 25% of cases but represent less than 1% of deaths) don't really vote in proportion to their makeup in the population.

Guess who all politicians favor when it comes to making policy?
Of course there is. I said it.

A good way to view the elderly is like ballast. Not enough time to expand on that now. Gotta SSS and go to work like a Republican.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 2:30 AM Reply   
When all the lefties have is the fly....
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-08-2020, 3:35 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 3:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
How Fing stupid can one get? Did you even watch your vid? Explained it pretty well. And....they were right. The economy was in technical recession in Feb, pre-covid. You can only goose economy for so long.
So, in your theory, How did the Dems do the country dirty on Covid? Was the original plan to destroy the Dem base in NY first? Then hit Democrat california for thousands of deaths? Then THEY KNEW the republicans would finally figure it out? refuse mask wearing, social distancing... and keep their economies wide open, to Covid. Trump was in charge, right? Did they hypnotize him? How did those sharp bastards force him to do nothing, not require masks and all the BS he stated? I think im getting on board with you, i just need you to fill in a few of the blanks.
I thought california played by your rules? Why is there anyone dead in california?

For the 1 billionth time. Trump has ZERO authority to lead a response.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 3:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
That’s pretty much all CNN could come up with too. Sorry you missed it. It was fantastic watching Pence right the ship last night. You could tell what a good, decent man he is throughout the whole evening. And you could tell what a slimy, swamp-dwelling politician she is.
I guess when you beat the Sh$t out of someone in a debate, you knock a few flies off them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Something along those lines is exactly what I was thinking when I mentioned the SNL skit. Pretty sure I could write the skit myself.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
I thought california played by your rules? Why is there anyone dead in california?

Whoa! You just put the sleeper hold on 95 with that truth nugget. Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
I guess when you beat the Sh$t out of someone in a debate, you knock a few flies off them.
Yeah, with her having a personality of a shovel and the demeanor of nails on a chalkboard, it got pretty scary that she could end up as the POTUS. (Shivers)
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
So the new plan is to kidnap a sitting Governor? The Gunguys trump was tweeting to "Liberate Michigan"!
Its those radical Libs again, right? Evil, right?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-08-2020, 6:34 AM Reply   
Yeap. Some radical group gets arrested and its Trumps fault. Potato.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Yeap. Some radical group gets arrested and its Trumps fault. Potato.
So your saying that Antifa riots aren't Bidens fault? Good to know.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
For the 1 billionth time. Trump has ZERO moral authority to lead a response.
Wow, Delta and I totally agree!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 7:04 AM Reply   
Domestic terrorists, Right wing Domestic terrorists. Not Evil Libs as Delta like to remind us. This is the predicted escalating violence caused by trump refusing peaceful transfer of power. Pence doubled down last night on the point. Violence is the goal. Its time to vote Trump and all the radicals he instigates out.
https://www.scribd.com/document/4792...mer#from_embed
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-08-2020, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Correct. He doesn't even know what Antifa is.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-08-2020, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Domestic terrorists, Right wing Domestic terrorists. Not Evil Libs as Delta like to remind us. This is the predicted escalating violence caused by trump refusing peaceful transfer of power. Pence doubled down last night on the point. Violence is the goal. Its time to vote Trump and all the radicals he instigates out.
But he has never refused peaceful transfer of power. Thats your talking point not his. Everyone knows when Biden wins because voter fraud and Russia, it will be that exact talking point the left will lean on, when he takes it to the supreme court that he is packing, to win.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:

Mike Pence debated last night, he has a title. In addition to VP, he is the Head of the White House Corona Virus Response Team. How can they have a "Response Team" if they have no authority??? Does pence have more power than trump? He said all the great things he and trump have done "responding" to the Virus. He erroneously said they have done Great. You are wrong for the Billionth time that they have no power.
There are dead people from Covid in every state. Some people believe they can follow the rules, mask up, distance...and they help our communities, cities, counties, state get back to normal. Then there are those that believe masking up is an attempt to take their freedoms away. Those folks, sadly, lead to more cases, more hospitalizations, more deaths and stalled economy. It seems pretty simple. Choose any side you wish.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

He sure held a lot of daily coronavirus task force pressers trying to convince us he was in charge.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 7:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Typical leftist foreigner who is trying to influence our elections for the democrats, as usual, has to lie to make a point.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-08-2020, 7:43 AM Reply   
Why is it that you type in
Www.ANTIFA.com and you get Joe Biden’s website.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
But he has never refused peaceful transfer of power. Thats your talking point not his. Everyone knows when Biden wins because voter fraud and Russia, it will be that exact talking point the left will lean on, when he takes it to the supreme court that he is packing, to win.
Did i miss something? I may have. I heard trump at the "debate". He refused to agree. As I recall this was about the same time he told Proud Boys to Stand by. He refused peaceful transfer of power earlier in the week too. I listened for pence to deny trump previous statements, he did not. When asked, he said the democrats have been trying to over throw trump for 3 1/2 years....Avoiding the question.
Not sure how Biden will win with voter fraud and Russia? Russia is backing trump, right? There is no history of Voter fraud in this country, ever. The only reason the topic comes up is because Trump says so. Zero evidence and the right goes out on a weak tree limb of "trump said so". And now you have to support that too. I guess you could educate me and show examples of any election fraud, voter fraud. Trump appointed a committee right? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...sial-group-did
Here is a more recent decision.
https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electio...ail-in-voting/
If trump does pack the court...should ACBarratt recuse? Seems she is being placed in spot for a very specific goal in mind. Much like Kavanaugh.
To give you the bene of the doubt... help me find where trump will agree with election results and leave office peacefully. Update me on some election fraud facts.
If lame duck trump gets a SC pick, I could see Dems making some changes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why is it that you type in
Www.ANTIFA.com and you get Joe Biden’s website.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN25S5C3
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Funny. dozens and dozens of events of democrats burning down cities, tearing down monuments, beating up republicans, keeping republicans from speaking....... Yep, right wing terrorists. Get out of here with your sn95....
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did i miss something? I may have. I heard trump at the "debate". He refused to agree. As I recall this was about the same time he told Proud Boys to Stand by. He refused peaceful transfer of power earlier in the week too. I listened for pence to deny trump previous statements, he did not. When asked, he said the democrats have been trying to over throw trump for 3 1/2 years....Avoiding the question.
Not sure how Biden will win with voter fraud and Russia? Russia is backing trump, right? There is no history of Voter fraud in this country, ever. The only reason the topic comes up is because Trump says so. Zero evidence and the right goes out on a weak tree limb of "trump said so". And now you have to support that too. I guess you could educate me and show examples of any election fraud, voter fraud. Trump appointed a committee right? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...sial-group-did
If trump does pack the court...should ACBarratt recuse? Seems she is being placed in spot for a very specific goal in mind. Much like Kavanaugh.
To give you the bene of the doubt... help me find where trump will agree with election results and leave office peacefully. Update me on some election fraud facts.
Proud Boys? You mean the group that is lead by an Afro-Cuban? Aren't they supposed to be white supremists? If they are, they are horrible at it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Election fraud? State sanctioned by kalifornia. Slight democrat majority to a plus 3million in one election.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
did Al Gore go peacefully? Can you tell me where the Bush Gore election ended up? You sound like a hysterical school girl.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
He sure held a lot of daily coronavirus task force pressers trying to convince us he was in charge.
Did he? Not sure he even once said this is how the states must act.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-08-2020, 8:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
BTW at least you are resulting to lying after I pummeled you with facts on the states being responsible for the response. I will take this as progress.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-08-2020, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:

No you didn't.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Proud Boys? You mean the group that is lead by an Afro-Cuban? Aren't they supposed to be white supremists? If they are, they are horrible at it.
YES! thats the guy.
The Proud Boys are a far-right, neo-fascist and male-only organization affiliated with white supremacists that promotes and engages in political violence. It is based in the United States and also has a presence in Canada. The group originated in the far-right Taki's Magazine in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder and former commentator Gavin McInnes, taking its name from the song "Proud of Your Boy" from the Disney musical Aladdin. As the Proud Boys emerged as part of the alt-right, McInnes distanced himself from them in early 2017, saying his focus was "Western values" while the alt-right's focus was race; the re-branding effort intensified following the Unite the Right rally.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Funny. dozens and dozens of events of democrats burning down cities, tearing down monuments, beating up republicans, keeping republicans from speaking....... Yep, right wing terrorists. Get out of here with your sn95....
You like to say the same strawman junk over and over. Looters and rioters arnt voters, better to call them capitalist's, taking advantage of a situation.. I prefer to listen to the experts.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN26N35E
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
did Al Gore go peacefully? Can you tell me where the Bush Gore election ended up? You sound like a hysterical school girl.
Yes,
Recount
On election night, news networks first called Florida for Gore, later retracted the projection, and then called Florida for Bush, before finally retracting that projection as well.[139] Florida's Republican Secretary of State, Katherine Harris, eventually certified Florida's vote count.[140] This led to the Florida election recount, a move to further examine the Florida results.[141]

The Florida recount was stopped a few weeks later by the U.S. Supreme Court. In the ruling, Bush v. Gore, the Justices held that the Florida recount was unconstitutional and that no constitutionally valid recount could be completed by the December 12 deadline, effectively ending the recounts. This 7–2 vote ruled that the standards the Florida Supreme Court provided for a recount were unconstitutional due to violations of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, and further ruled 5–4 that no constitutionally valid recount could be completed by the December 12 deadline. This case ordered an end to recounting underway in selected Florida counties, effectively giving George W. Bush a 537[142] vote victory in Florida and consequently Florida's 25 electoral votes and the presidency.[143] The results of the decision led to Gore winning the popular vote by approximately 500,000 votes nationwide, but receiving 266 electoral votes to Bush's 271 (one District of Columbia elector abstained).[144] On December 13, 2000, Gore conceded the election.[145] Gore strongly disagreed with the Court's decision, but in his concession speech stated that, "for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession."[146]
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did he? Not sure he even once said this is how the states must act.
Really? You don't remember Trump telling governors to play nice with him to get ventilator allocations? Withholding aid to influence behavior IS policy making.

Here's a more forceful example of him actually talking: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48685...oval-president

Last edited by shawndoggy; 10-08-2020 at 9:54 AM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-08-2020, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
So the drug he was given has nothing to do with stem cells and stem cells weren’t used to develop it, but you want to sort of imply that it does. Like guilty by association? I’ll tell you how I feel. I feel like you’re trying to start an argument about something that has nothing to do with the fact that your girl got her 95sn handed to her in last night’s debate and you need to change the subject quickly.
No.

The antibody cocktail for Covid-19 that President Trump touted on Wednesday afternoon was developed with cells originally derived from fetal tissue, a practice that his administration has moved to restrict.

In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement in 2019, around the time of the ban.

“Intramural research that requires new acquisition of fetal tissue from elective abortions will not be conducted,” the statement added.

Mr. Trump last week received Regeneron’s cocktail of monoclonal antibodies — essentially, antibodies synthesized in living cells and administered to help the body fight off the infection.

To develop the antibodies, Regeneron relied on 293T, a cell line derived from the kidney tissue of an aborted fetus in the 1970s. At least two companies racing to produce vaccines against the coronavirus, Moderna and AstraZeneca, also are using the cell line.

Remdesivir, an antiviral drug Mr. Trump received, also was tested using these cells.

“293Ts were used in testing the antibodies’ ability to neutralize the virus,” said Alexandra Bowie, a spokeswoman for Regeneron.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 10:41 AM Reply   
Damn. Those could be Lib cells. Who else would murder a full grown baby.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 10:54 AM Reply   
Seems equally plausible that those chinese cells are chock full of the 5G and Trump is now being remotely controlled from Wuhan.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 10:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Really? You don't remember Trump telling governors to play nice with him to get ventilator allocations? Withholding aid to influence behavior IS policy making.

Here's a more forceful example of him actually talking: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48685...oval-president
That will be quite shock for delta, he has never heard the Orange Messiah talk before. Or Obama. Apparently.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Seems equally plausible that those chinese cells are chock full of the 5G and Trump is now being remotely controlled from Wuhan.
Should have just got Pence to pray the virus away, works for homosexuality.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-08-2020, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
No.

The antibody cocktail for Covid-19 that President Trump touted on Wednesday afternoon was developed with cells originally derived from fetal tissue, a practice that his administration has moved to restrict.

In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions.

“Promoting the dignity of human life from conception to natural death is one of the very top priorities of President Trump’s administration,” the Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement in 2019, around the time of the ban.

“Intramural research that requires new acquisition of fetal tissue from elective abortions will not be conducted,” the statement added.

Mr. Trump last week received Regeneron’s cocktail of monoclonal antibodies — essentially, antibodies synthesized in living cells and administered to help the body fight off the infection.

To develop the antibodies, Regeneron relied on 293T, a cell line derived from the kidney tissue of an aborted fetus in the 1970s. At least two companies racing to produce vaccines against the coronavirus, Moderna and AstraZeneca, also are using the cell line.

Remdesivir, an antiviral drug Mr. Trump received, also was tested using these cells.

“293Ts were used in testing the antibodies’ ability to neutralize the virus,” said Alexandra Bowie, a spokeswoman for Regeneron.
With the Shear amount of abortions coming out of planned parenthood, These drugs should be extremely inexpensive if not free
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
With the Shear amount of abortions coming out of planned parenthood, These drugs should be extremely inexpensive if not free
Prolly definitely part of Trump's no-details-but-definitely-better-than-obamacare healthplan.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-08-2020, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Should have just got Pence to pray the virus away, works for homosexuality.
I dont think all gay people are anti prayer? Or anti religion or happy about being gay. Many do not want to be gay, hence the term, coming out of the closet. I have no issues with gay people. etc etc.

Some embrace it, some dont. its kinda sad, as many wish they were not. Kinda like Bruce wants to be a women, but cant be, not because "WE" dont treat shim like a women, he is genetically a male. and no one can change that. I bet there was, at one time, a lot of gay people praying they would wake up straight.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I dont think all gay people are anti prayer? Or anti religion or happy about being gay. Many do not want to be gay, hence the term, coming out of the closet. I have no issues with gay people. etc etc.

Some embrace it, some dont. its kinda sad, as many wish they were not. Kinda like Bruce wants to be a women, but cant be, not because "WE" dont treat shim like a women, he is genetically a male. and no one can change that. I bet there was, at one time, a lot of gay people praying they would wake up straight.
Have another glass of Chardonnay, but limit yourself, eventually it makes you gay.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-08-2020, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
That was a good one!!! "Shear" cause they cut the babies out, right!
Planned Parent is not in the drug biz. Free, gonna have to stop you right there, sounds like socialism bro.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-08-2020, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:

Yeah, I've always figured that people who pray are praying to white jesus to be heterosexual american christians of aryan descent.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-08-2020, 11:53 AM Reply   
White supremacist group plotted to kidnap Governor of michigan and instigate civil war. Their talking points sound pretty much like Delta's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/u...gtype=Homepage

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-w...etchen-whitmer
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-08-2020, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
White supremacist group plotted to kidnap Governor of michigan and instigate civil war. Their talking points sound pretty much like Delta's.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/08/u...gtype=Homepage

https://www.thedailybeast.com/what-w...etchen-whitmer
did they get her?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-08-2020, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:

I do my best to not weight in on the sins of others. Crime is one thing and sin is another. Crimes are things for society to worry about, but sins that aren’t crimes I strongly believe are between the individual and God. That said, Christ is not recorded as ever weighing in on the subject or much about sin at all. His focus was love, understanding and forgiveness.

In my life, I have met many homosexuals that were Christ-like and devout Christians. If their sin keeps them out of heaven, I’m in big trouble. I believe we all rely on grace. When my brother came out to me I promised to put a good word for him if I made it to the pearly gates first and hoped he’d do the same for me.

All that said, I don’t believe the government has any business being involved in marriage.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2020, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:

Choosing to be not gay is like choosing to not like chocolate icecream, you either like it or you don't. I always laugh when the faithful folk use there great restraint to not bum someone. Newsflash If you have the urge, your gay whether you practice or not.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Choosing to be not gay is like choosing to not like chocolate icecream, you either like it or you don't. I always laugh when the faithful folk use there great restraint to not bum someone. Newsflash If you have the urge, your gay whether you practice or not.
With that infinite wisdom and resolve, I suppose you feel the same about people who are sexually attracted to minors too? If not, what if those minors are complicit? How bout other deviancies too?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
I do my best to not weight in on the sins of others. Crime is one thing and sin is another. Crimes are things for society to worry about, but sins that aren’t crimes I strongly believe are between the individual and God. That said, Christ is not recorded as ever weighing in on the subject or much about sin at all. His focus was love, understanding and forgiveness.

In my life, I have met many homosexuals that were Christ-like and devout Christians. If their sin keeps them out of heaven, I’m in big trouble. I believe we all rely on grace. When my brother came out to me I promised to put a good word for him if I made it to the pearly gates first and hoped he’d do the same for me.

All that said, I don’t believe the government has any business being involved in marriage.
I hate to ask where that hippy theology came from, but it seems like a family thing. I don’t want to say anything more than read Romans 1 right now. Then, you can maybe come back and tell us what you really believe. You can also tell your brother too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
No.

Without reading any of your long post, let me just issue a blanket response to all of it and say if there were abortion parts and pieces used for a drug that has helped Trump or anyone else, I don’t approve. You should NEVER have to ask me, bait me or wonder whether I feel any differently in the future about these types of things. The beneficiary of these drugs is irrelevant to me-including my own family. We know where we’re headed after this S-hole life-which is less than a vapor of time.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       10-08-2020, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Without reading any of your long post,We know where we’re headed after this S-hole life-which is less than a vapor of time.
Anyone who thinks this way about the world is a danger to society. But then we already knew that about you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, I've always figured that people who pray are praying to white jesus to be heterosexual american christians of aryan descent.
Wow. I’m sorry you’ve had zero experience and are so disillusioned. There’s no such thing as a white Jesus. Ever. Stained glass windows in Catholic Churches are nothing more than that: stained glass.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-08-2020, 6:11 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=pesos;2002780]Anyone who thinks this way about the world is a danger to society. But then we already knew that about you.[