Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011 Location: Twin Cities       10-26-2016, 8:36 AM Reply   
need some (or maybe a lot) of input for a new boat purchase ... looking primarily at a MB B52 23.

One main question to this one first: Is the 400hp engine enough when loaded with the additional 2200lbs plug and play (boat will be used in MN - so no high altitude issue) or is the upgrade to the 440hp warranted (7K option)?

Now for anyone who had the chance to compare - I may get a pretty sweet deal on a Malibu VLX - so looking at this boat too - it's fully loaded. However some disadvantages - I don't like pumps ...

I have some limitations (beyond just price) as for example my boat lift is rated at 5000 lbs. so quite a few boats have fallen off the radar due to that limitation as I don't want to buy a new lift, new tow vehicle etc. and both of the above boats are within that limit.

Now as this might be the last boat I'm going to buy - resale is not my first consideration. I also don't care about dealer proximity as MB Sports has no dealer in MN - the closest one would be in Michigan. Not sure if this is enough info to start but would appreciate if the MB owners could chime in (yes I know there's another forum for them out there ...)