Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
This boat was purchased a little over a month ago and it is rediculously sick!

so I have been searching around for about two years now to upgrade from my direct drive supra launch and finally this is the boat I wound up with!

Looked at and tested multiple xstars, mb f21s and nautique 230s throughout these two years and it was very difficult to decide.

i tested each wake slammed out and the xstar came out on top, then the mb and then the 230. (all great wakes btw)

it was extremely difficult to find a good price on the xstars so we almost pulled the trigger on the mb due to the great wake and great price. but i hopped on craigslist randomely and this 2005 xstar popped up 8.1l engine, z5 bimini, subs, ect. with only 150 hours! i thought it was too good to be true especially because it was priced much lower than the mbs. i low balled the guy through multiple fake emails i made and got the price dropped even more! then went to test the boat and everything was great! bargained some more for a super good deal, and now the boat sits in my driveway

bought an acme 2243 prop and installed a plug and play system myself, added some lead weight and some sacs on the floor. over 5k of weight and that engine pulls it out of the hole with ease. this boat is a machine and throws a monster wake

couldnt be happier

Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-26-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
Sick boat dude. We have a 2004 with the 8.1L and it's a hell of a motor. Enjoy it! Looking forward to some videos soon
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-26-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
So sexy
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-26-2012, 10:08 PM Reply   
love it. can we see wake pics now?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-26-2012, 11:43 PM Reply   
Multiple fake emails? So are you saying you posed a number of times as someone else, made offers well below asking price so you could then make a real offer that was even lower?
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-27-2012, 4:58 AM Reply   
Welcome to craigslist my friends. At least he didn't offer trades for the random stupid crap he has around his house.
Old     (logan)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-27-2012, 6:22 AM Reply   
Awesome. Can I have it?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-27-2012, 6:41 AM Reply   
Beatiful boat. Wow that is a huge difference in prop size. What was the factory prop?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-27-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
I like the mismatched trailer wheels. They say "wake gangsta" to me.

(seriously!)

Sweet boat. Betcha it could pull a house with that 8.1.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2012, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I like the mismatched trailer wheels. They say "wake gangsta" to me.

(seriously!)

Sweet boat. Betcha it could pull a house with that 8.1.
lol yea the other mastercraft rim has a slow leak so the spare is on there for now
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-27-2012, 3:05 PM Reply   
I heard the older X-stars have gone up in value since the release of the new 2012 X-star failure! You will probably make money on that boat! Sick looking ride, enjoy and have fun this summer!

p.s. I also like the mismatched trailer wheels!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Multiple fake emails? So are you saying you posed a number of times as someone else, made offers well below asking price so you could then make a real offer that was even lower?
Exactly what I was thinking......
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-27-2012, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
you gotta do what you gotta do
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-27-2012, 10:43 PM Reply   
Such a sick looking boat J.B.! Would love to see ya in an MB but something that make you happy is SO much worth it. Love the white with the black hull (same as my MB) and the monster engine. Congrats with the upgrade form the direct drive homi. Hammers about to be thrown!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-28-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22vdrive View Post
Beatiful boat. Wow that is a huge difference in prop size. What was the factory prop?
oj 13.7x19.5
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-31-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
love it. can we see wake pics now?

80 feet at 24.7 mph
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-31-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
The guy is probably a member of WW and cursing you as he reads this... GOOD JOB! hahaha
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-31-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
fake emails with low offers didn't force the guy to sell anything. Good job.
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Paul have you ever heard of a little thing called ethics?

In many situations what JB did would land him jail.
Old     (MUNS)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-01-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Paul have you ever heard of a little thing called ethics?

In many situations what JB did would land him jail.
Why? Its not like the guy was forced to sell his boat. He's an adult who made his own decesion..
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-01-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
LMFAO. No it wouldn't.

Put yourself in the sellers position. You know what you will take for the boat from the get go. If you don't get that offer, you don't sell. If the OP somehow screwed up other, better, legit deals, that would be a different story. I don't see how he could have done that though.
Old     (JohnM)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-01-2012, 4:43 PM Reply   
Yes in many situations it would land him in jail.

In this situation it would not.

The basic behavior he is displaying is that of manipulation.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-01-2012, 10:13 PM Reply   
Quote:

Weighting a boat is just manipulating the wake, what of it? Landing a 3 is just manipulating the line. Combusting 93 octane is just manipulating physics and chemistry. Your point?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-02-2012, 7:05 AM Reply   
come out and ride john! you will have a blast i promise! and you will be very glad that i stole this boat from a solid tuber. you will also be happy with my wake i wont charge you gas for a set either

by the way i didnt even make up any names, i was just throwing out offers from different emails

glad to be on the lake and not behind bars

also sorry if i offended anyone by my method of bargaining, i was only trying to get the best deal on a great wakeboat to improve my riding
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-02-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Like there are no shady sellers out there,the kid used his smarts and got a great deal,good job J.B..Screw anyone that doesn't like how you got your deal,if you didn't stick a gun in his face to make the deal then all's good.Congratulations on your purchase,your skill level more than deserves a boat of this caliber,hope you enjoy the hell out of it and keep bringing Grace out to shoot you,love those vids.
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-02-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Nice boat and great job on the upgrades!
Old     (STLBlues4)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-02-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
Sick boat man, congrats on getting a good deal. Don't worry about the people who are questioning your tactics.
Old     (Brandon241)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-02-2012, 12:09 PM Reply   
Condrads on the boat man. Like how he posts to show of his new boat and gives the story of how he got it and people "could go to jail". Again nice boat and enjoy it.
Old    bigdtx            06-02-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Last time I checked something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. If the guy had a better offer he was free to take it.
Old     (BWB745)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-03-2012, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:

Manipulation is not illegal, fraud is. Luckily for JB (and the seller) neither took place.

JB: I'm looking forward to some more videos!
Old     (the_fish)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-04-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
How funny is it that a person named John Marshall is trying to tell everyone what is legal and illegal? Maybe only the history buffs will get this one.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-04-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Suit!!!!
Old    kx250frider617            06-04-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Props to the guy buying a boat at a cheaper price. Is it illegal for dealers to sell one car at MSRP and another identical car for much cheaper? No but it should be right.
Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       06-05-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
nice ride! congrats.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-05-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
very sharp. congrats!
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-06-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
Good buy JB.
How much of a deal was it? My dad snagged one (05 8.1 as well) in 2010 for 31ish I believe. Yours looks to be in a bit nicer condition.

What ballast setup are you running? We just started running a big nosebag in the center of the boat and that has made the wake so much fun to ride it's ridiculous.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
congrats. the 8.1 is dope. You can probably add another 5,000 pounds. Never once did we have a problem getting on plane. Never.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-06-2012, 3:54 PM Reply   
I really like the boat but I think you should ditch the dated graphic on the side and roll clean with just the small chrome mastercraft logo where it currently is.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-06-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
Maaaan I'm jealous that wake is huge!!!! I like the hustle wish I woulda thought if that technique!F$@* John Marshall he's a snitch!!