Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-07-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
All his songs suck right? Am I the only one that hates so called hip hop artists like him. Hip hop now days is crap. We need to bring it back to the old days of hip hop.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       01-07-2011, 10:25 PM Reply   
The TEFLON DON!!! What? lol

I'd have to disagree. I actually really dig some of his stuff, i'm sure you wont have a problem finding haters though. Aston Martin Music has been one of my favorite jams for awhile now
Old    alanp            01-08-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
i like a number of his songs too.

why do you hate him?
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-08-2011, 8:50 AM Reply   
I agree, his "songs" suck. He just talks, and says the same 4 lines over and over. There isn't much in the new hip hop / rap world that I'd call good.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-08-2011, 9:28 AM Reply   
I just think 99.9% of rap now days is just hard to listen to. I think its just that I am getting older and if you go back 15 years they didn't talk so much about the bling and how much money/bs they have. I know most of you that like rick ross where 5 years old 15 years ago and times have changed but i just miss the good old days. rappers delight, the message, run dmc, nwa, eazy, cube (and lets not forget vanilla ice and mc hammer ha ha.) back before some white kid was bitchin about his mom and the my ring is worth more than your house stuff.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-08-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
nice. mendo is my age. Not tryin to hate on anyone just how i feel. Im sure his next song will blow us all away and have 6 or 7 words over and over with large amounts of bass.

Last edited by gravity; 01-08-2011 at 9:38 AM. Reason: word
Old    alanp            01-08-2011, 11:23 AM Reply   
my biggest issue with rap nowadays is that artists feature other artists on so many tracks. when i buy an album its because i want to the the artist not 55 other ppl. im 34 and maybe thats my "getting older" issue with rap haha.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-08-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
haha Rick Ross is actually one of my favorite crappers. I like the Miami thing hes got going on and he always has some good bass lines in his beats. If Im looking to turn my sub up and bump to some rap, Rick Ross does the job. I realize his music is actually total crap, hence the term crapper, but I like just listening to some heavy bass beats and stupid rap lyrics every now and then, that includes Lil Wayne, T.I., Chamillionaire, etc. Now if I want to listen to some well crafted lyrical rhyme with meaning, Ill put on some Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Jedi Mind, Immortal Technique, etc. Just depends on what Im feeling.
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-08-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Hes terrible.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-08-2011, 2:45 PM Reply   
Pure sh@t, with a capital s.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-08-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hT0H8nt_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk2jeE1LOn8

Killed it..
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-08-2011, 11:26 PM Reply   
He's got a sick ass beard though.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2011, 7:51 AM Reply   
Some of Eminem's new unreleased stuff (actually coming out of the Detox workings) are amazing. I know you either love or hate the guy, but lyrically he is amazing, Check out "I need a doctor" with him and Dre on Dre's son passing and it is amazing what those two are up to. Although Dr. Dre's new song "Kush" is not the most amazing ever, at least it is unique and is rap and not pop talking. It is going to take something like Detox to turn the music around. My kids have listened to "quality" rap (as clean as I can get anyways) since they were little and when they hear the crap on the radio they always ask me why the radio can't play real rap. My 3 year old can name almost any of the older rappers by just hearing their voice. It pisses me off listening to some of these so called rappers with the whole image is everything, lyrics mean nothing. I am sure much can be said about other music right now and almost all of it is just a tweak on pop. I listen to plenty of rock and most of it is just an edgy version of a pop song now. Country the same.

Something has to change to get back to songs that have a story or some meaning, not just whip your hair. I guess having the number one selling rapper in history (Eminem) is not enough for labels to push for that style of rap and Snoop has to rap with someone (Pharrell, Dre or Katie Perry) to sell a record these days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
I agree with the other old guys here! You know who you are.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-10-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
I do agree that most if not all older Hip Hop is better. I do however really like the son "Aston Marten Music" on the new album from Rick Ross.

If you don't have it get all "Sweatshop Union" albums
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
I like most of Sweatshops stuff. I thought the most recent album was kind of a dud though. Comes and Goes is a great song, so is City of Gods. The rest was pretty weak. Their 2cd and third albums were awesome. Atmosphere is probably one of my favorites now.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-10-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
j-rod,

You should get the station Hilltop Hoods for Pandora, best station, tons of atmospher, sweatchop, and a bunch of other artist. In my opinion the best to listen to when snowboarding.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-10-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
I like RR but more for the beats and the Miami vibe he's got going. He doesn't exactly spit ill lyrics but he can put it together. I have to agree that Aston Martin Music is good but for me its more about Drake on that track. If you like Drakes flow on AMM then look up Paris Morton Music.

I think Rick Ross was a corrections officer at some point.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-10-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
Michael, I already have a Hilltop Hoods station on Pandora. It rocks! Too bad you can't buy their stuff on iTunes.
Old     (WRider)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-10-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I think Rick Ross was a corrections officer at some point.
I have heard that too. Supposedly 50Cent took some money to one of Rick Ross's family members to get any dirt on him. 50 Cent said something about it in one of his songs.
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-10-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
Oh man there's more beef between 50 and Rick Ross than just an under the table deal for dirt. Look it up, 50 made a whole "commentary" video on a...lets call it... "sexually explicit" video of Rick Ross's girlfriend cheating on him. It's all 50 does these days is diss other rappers, yet I dont see him putting out anything good. worthless.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-10-2011, 4:51 PM Reply   
Big Boi put out another great album this year, hes been producing great stuff for those who havent given him a listen in a while.
Old     (WRider)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-11-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbuchholz View Post
Oh man there's more beef between 50 and Rick Ross than just an under the table deal for dirt. Look it up, 50 made a whole "commentary" video on a...lets call it... "sexually explicit" video of Rick Ross's girlfriend cheating on him. It's all 50 does these days is diss other rappers, yet I dont see him putting out anything good. worthless.

Damn, didn't know that one. Did she cheat on him with 50 or something?