Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Anyone tow with this? I have an opportunity to pick up a 2006 for next to nothing.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-27-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
volvo says it's rated to pull up to 5000 pounds...... If I were towing a boat a few minutes to a ramp that wasn't real steep it would be no problem....on the other hand I wouldn't tow long distances or expect to tow real quick.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-27-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
It's a nice vehicle and the AWD really helps it tow well. The V8 is great but you'd be working the turbo hard if it has the small engine. I think I'd pass if it was not AWD.
Old     (rarasaurus)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-27-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
We have a 2006 v8 awd. We tow a 21ft supra (about 4300lbs?) about 160kms(100 miles) each way almost every weekend in the summer. I think its a great tow vehicle and does the job well. I don't know that i would go with the turbo model but the V8 pulls hard. Loaded up with gear and gas i assume we are very close to the 5000 mark. We have had this setup for 2 years with no issues. We tow at 60 to 70mph no problem(this is on mostly straight highways)

(Message edited by rarasaurus on January 27, 2010)

(Message edited by rarasaurus on January 27, 2010)
Old     (liquidlite)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2010, 12:52 PM Reply   
we have a tow rig already for long hauls...just wondering if this would suffice for dropping in/pulling out at the ramp down the road.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-27-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Tom
What are you towing? Unless its the titanic you will probably be fine for short trips. As with all short wheel base light SUVs you will run the risk of the trailer steering the tow vehicle in an emergency.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-27-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
DONT BUY VOLVO!!!!! Previous owner unless your still in the warranty portion of ownership. Anything that needs to be done has to be done at a Volvo dealership and its $100 just to say hello! Look for a Lexus, Infinity or something like that if you need more of a luxury SUV. Mine was given to me by my father in law and the day I traded it in on my Toyota Tundra Crew Max was the best day in my ownership.
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-27-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
Once FORD bought them they went down hill big time!!!!!