Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-11-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
Does anybody know if a company makes a LED ring for 6x9's. I'm looking to put lights on my tower speakers but cant find anybody that makes them. If not is it possible to make an acrylic ring with embedded LED's at home somehow? Or do you guys have any other ideas on how to light up the 6x9's on my tower.

Thanks
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-11-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
Try David at earmark audio. here is their link.
http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=288

I bought my rings from them. They are great to deal with. I think they can make any type of rings. They are a little expensive. You get what you pay for. Very happy with what I purchased.
Mark
Old     (johnny_gatsby)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-11-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
I got some leds with my speakers from an ebay store...don't know if they could just provide the rings...http://cgi.ebay.com/Wakeboard-Boat-Tower-Speaker-LED-Light-Option-Package_W0QQitemZ170401390393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27acb6df39
jg
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-11-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Brian- Tap Plastics will cut clear acrylic any shape you want. Just add LEDs. There is one in Stockton
Old     (bpenosa1)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-12-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
If I buy them from Tap Plastics how would i add the LED's?
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-12-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
Run something like these around the inside of the rings

http://www.oznium.com/silicone-encased-led-strip
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-12-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
Brian - Get in touch with David at Earmark. He has the most amount of experience with the rings. If you want deal with someone closer to you call Ryan at Chucktronics or myself.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-14-2009, 11:10 PM Reply   
Brian,

You can cut them out with a router, also cut a channel to lay in the LED strips. I like to front load the clear led channel with the LEDs facing inward. If your box is white you might want to point them outward (or do both). Just like most boat projects. It's not difficult but it will take you some time.