Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-12-2020, 1:51 AM Reply   
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Lift E Foil. I still own my V-ride.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to safely transport an assembled Efoil in a wake boat?
My boat is in storage at the lake (a few hrs away). I am looking for suggestions on how to transport the assembled efoil in a wake boat.

Thinking about:
a nylon web strap and strapping the board above the engine compartment (board down and using the stern docking cleats)
with the foil up and forward, then running a line from the foil to the tower.

This is the best that I can think of without having the board and boat together.

Just looking for help transporting the board to a secluded spot.

Thanks, I look forward to learning the best that you have found,

(bonus info: malibu v-ride 21'6" with titan 3 tower)
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-20-2020, 3:10 AM Reply   
any suggestions would be great.
anybody have a surf foil with suggestions.
I know that there are tower racks for Air Chairs.
But an (Assembled) E foil is really heavy-awkward- big.

I am just looking for a way to safely transport my new toy and protect everything
(board, foil, people, boat vinyl, EVERYTHING)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-22-2020, 7:18 AM Reply   
air chair racks are about the only thing off the shelf that would work. OTT you'll have to fabricate something.

my question is why you're taking it on the boat to begin with, but of course you can do whatever you please cuz 'Merica.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-23-2020, 2:20 AM Reply   
there is nothing off the shelf that will work. What i would do is get something like the Airboom 360 Hydrofoil Rack then have someone fabricate much longer forks to support the extra weight. https://www.onlyinboards.com/Accesso...foil-Rack.aspx
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-12-2020, 10:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
air chair racks are about the only thing off the shelf that would work. OTT you'll have to fabricate something.

my question is why you're taking it on the boat to begin with, but of course you can do whatever you please cuz 'Merica.
Just looking for help transporting the board to a secluded spot.
Old     (fsts2k)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-11-2020, 8:17 AM Reply   
How do you like the eFoil?

Have looked at them but am worried about the price and if it would be exciting for very long.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-02-2022, 9:36 AM Reply   
I really like the efoil.

I went to the lake with my wife, a few weekends ago. (sorry for the slow update)

We ended up renting a pontoon boat, thinking that it would have more room than my Vride.

The board was very cumbersome to load after efoiling.
I don't know if having a swim platform would have helped or not.
BUT
I have come to believe that Efoil's are not easy to transport by boat!
I will probably drive (in my truck) to the secluded spot or (as close as possible) and then walk into the water with the foil.

Then meet up with friends in boats at the secluded spot

No sense in launching at the marina to spend 1/2 of the battery trying to get away people/boats.