Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                08-30-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I am not new to digital video but i am looking to upgrade and at the current moment i dont have 2000 to spend on a new Canon GL2. I looked up on ebay the GL1 and it seems like i can get it for around 1000. Do you guys think its worth it or what. thanks
Old                09-28-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
I am working with both every day. GL1 is not good, i think it's similar to small full automatical peaces of sht
Old                09-28-2004, 9:48 AM Reply   
GL2 is pretty good...

but i prefer Sony...
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-28-2004, 7:26 PM Reply   
A lot of good video has been shot with the GL1, sure it's getting a bit dated but it's still better than most 1 chip cams. The other used cam to look at in that range would be the Sony TRV900 - it's still considered a great cam.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-28-2004, 9:34 PM Reply   
The new Panasonic PV-GS400 is rated pretty high. It's more than you want to spend at $1500 but it's probably the best camcorder available at that price.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       10-15-2004, 1:49 AM Reply   
differences between the gl-1 and gl-2 from memory. the last time i used these cameras was 6 months to a year ago, so this is just a basic idea, nothing to concrete...

gl-1 has warmer colors
gl-2 has cooler colors, very similar to a vx2000 actually.

gl-1 has no manual audio controls
gl-2 has manual audio controls as well as a digital meter on the outside of the flip out lcd screen (what a random place haha)

gl-2 has variable "zebra" levels? i think?

gl-2 is a bit longer than the gl-1 and a tiny bit heavier. if felt much more substantial.

in the end, the greatness of the video will be due to the guy behind the camera, not the camera itself. many people cant even tell the difference between how a $400 camera looks and a $4000 camera.