Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-19-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
Naive question...

Would it be possible to put a modern speed control system on a old CC 2001?
Attached Images

Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-19-2015, 2:12 PM Reply   
Try to order one. Perfect pass requires that you provide a ton of information about your boat because each system is tuned and adapted for each application. When they ask you about the year, make, model, and horsepower of your boat and engine, you'll have your answer.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-19-2015, 2:20 PM Reply   
yes
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-21-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
No doubt. I had Stargazer in mine and it worked great. Even better with a fully loaded boat, 1,600# plus makes a sick wake on a budget.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-23-2015, 5:50 PM Reply   
Yes, bolt in install very easy. I have PP Wakeboard Pro in my '89 Supra, best money I've spent on the boat without a doubt. If you go with paddlewheel version that's physically easy but mentally difficult. Only hard part is drilling a 2" hole in your boat where you only get one chance to get it right. I ride a tidal river so did paddlewheel since there's always a current, and it's nice to have water temp from the through hull.

I installed my paddlewheel under the alternator, at front of engine on port side. If I had to do it again I'd install it at the rear starboard exactly opposite the raw water pickup. On tight turns to starboard it comes out of the water and PP applies a bunch of throttle to correct the perceived slowdown. Only notice this on really tight turns like in a narrow river or creek. Normal turns on the wide main part of the river it behaves as expected, but I can't imagine any issues installing it further aft.