Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-01-2014, 4:24 PM Reply   
Anyone have any dealings with Medallion?? I've been dealing with a gauge issue for about a month and can't get anyone to call me back from there. I have left multiple voicemails in multiple boxes, emailed, and texted. If you guys have any contacts up there please pass them along so I can try to get my gauges working correctly again.

P.S. I am posting here has a last resort. I don't want to criticize any company publicly.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-01-2014, 5:46 PM Reply   
What gauge are u trying to find or fix?
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-01-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
I guess you have the wonderful MDC and medallion gauges. I got so tired of mine I removed it all and put in an analog set of faria gauges:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=61353

It's been working fine so far this season.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-01-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Technical support / repairs
Scott.frye@medallionis.com
Direct # 616-850-8048

Or to purchase new unit contact:
Traci.watson@medallionis.com
Direct # 616-850-8091

They move on their own time for sure, scott is hard to get a hold of, you need to call & pester till he answers, does not return calls
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-01-2014, 11:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Direct # 616-850-8048

Direct # 616-850-8091

They move on their own time for sure, scott is hard to get a hold of, you need to call & pester till he answers, does not return calls
sounds like americas new business model
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-02-2014, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Direct # 616-850-8048

Direct # 616-850-8091

Sounds like someone I would want to do business with.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-02-2014, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarcreek216V View Post
Sounds like someone I would want to do business with.
I have no choice. They are the ones that provided the gauge clusters to Supra when my boat was built. Supra tech support told me that they could never get anywhere with them either. You have to think that is why most all of the boat manufacturers have stopped using them. To my knowledge Mastercraft is the only company in the marine industry that still in business with Medallion.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-02-2014, 1:38 PM Reply   
That stinks. I can't imagine having to deal with an unsupportive dealer. Guess we are fortunate in the DFW market to have good brand support for just about every manufacturer out there.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-02-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
I have no choice. They are the ones that provided the gauge clusters to Supra when my boat was built.
Well, for less than $200 I de-Medallioned by boat which was less than the cost of replacing the MDC (~$215-300 depending on what you have) and far less than replacing the faulty gauges. I paid $170 for an analog 6 gauge set from Faria and $35 for a more standard fuel level sender (I used a Wema SSS. All other senders were standard), and about $10-15 worth of heat shrink connectors. I then sold the speedometer that came with the set for $30 as I had perfect pass and no need for the speedometer. 3-4 hrs of my labor to install and now I have an easy to troubleshoot and reliable gauge set that I can actually trust vs. wondering if some goofy medallion component is giving false info. Everything works perfectly.

You'd have to do a little bit of research to see if the same would work on your boat but it probably would. The senders are pretty well standardized among all American boat manufacturers so electrically you're probably fine. Depending on how complex your dash is you may or may not have issues physically mounting the gauges in there. If it's just a sheet of aluminum or plastic with holes for the gauges then it should be a matter of unbolting the old and bolting in the new. If you have large gauge pods that protrude out from the dash with oversize bezels then you might have to do a bit more work to get a standard gauge in there.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-02-2014, 4:11 PM Reply   
If your dash looks like this then you may have a much harder time with the gauge retrofit:

I assume that's some sort of multifunction gauge/display in the middle. The two larger gauges on the outside shouldn't be a problem as oversize tach and speedos are available but is your speed control integrated into one?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-03-2014, 5:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
If your dash looks like this then you may have a much harder time with the gauge retrofit:

I assume that's some sort of multifunction gauge/display in the middle. The two larger gauges on the outside shouldn't be a problem as oversize tach and speedos are available but is your speed control integrated into one?
That's what I have. Perfect pass is built into it. Even though the gauges seen are analog display, they are digital input transfered to analog output. The center is an LCD screen that gives all of the perfect pass info along with volts, temps, pressure, hours, speed, a long with everything else you can think of. I found a MMDC box online for an '09 Supra and took a chance on it. It works, but its giving me a blinking line across the top. Once i put it into test mode the blinking line goes away until power is cycled off and back on. I've contacted the place i bought it from it see of they will exchange it for me. Im pretty sure it is a defective box.
Old     (1sikkvlx)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-04-2014, 5:07 PM Reply   
Ive called numerous times to trouble shoot my gauges and no answer or return call... horrible customer service!
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-05-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
Medallion may not return any calls, but Marine Surplus (where I bought the module through) responded to my emails and are shipping a new unit and a packaging and return postage to send the unit back to them. Now that is what customer service is all about!!!!