Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
I've been out of this forum for a while as work took over... I'm heading out on the boat for a week next week and realized my WS420 isn't working. Went intermittent last year, and is completely down now. I need one by Friday...

Any one know of a stereo shop in the Bay Area that has one? Could even be open on Saturday along 101N till Ukiah...

Heading to Lake Pillsbury for the week.

Thanks!!
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-07-2011, 2:24 PM Reply   
Luke call up WS I'm sure they will locate one for you or coordinate one to your door in time. Good luck.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-07-2011, 2:37 PM Reply   
They gave me Cartronics and DFM Car stereo but both of them are out...
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-07-2011, 3:09 PM Reply   
What about Chucktronics and Acme Tops and Tunes, both cary WS and should have that in stock. They are close to the Bay area.
Old     (rockstarcustoms)      Join Date: May 2011       06-07-2011, 3:14 PM Reply   
out of the way but Randy at Car Audio Depot would have them
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-07-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
I spoke to David at Earmark Marine (out of the way) and he said he can get one to you by Friday but it will have to be overnighted.
Old     (jdoggy_73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-07-2011, 10:08 PM Reply   
Give Liquid Trends in SJ a call.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-08-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm in STL but I have a used one I can overnight to you... If your not wanting a new one... Just selling it cause I sold my boat and I havent bought a new one yet this year - so its sitting idle. Also have a AudioControl Four.1i for sale. Shoot me an email if interested - craigclayton at gmail dot com...
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
Thanks all! Found one pretty close and they were able to overnight it to me. Was trying to get driving distance, but this one was close enough to show up overnight with regular shipping anyway.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2011, 12:19 PM Reply   
What a crazy issue... I originally thought my WS420 had locked out my boat and tower amps(not subs) kinda how it dims them when you click the mic on... So, when it did this at the lake I wired around it... head unit right to amp... and it worked fine.

Forgot about it till this year and wanted the mic as it come in handy for teaching to the various folks on this huge trip. Got a new one, wired it in and everything worked fine...

Then at the lake, same thing... audio goes down, but subs still work... wierd... try to wire around it and the head unit won't pass audio either. When I get home I pull out all the seats and find the protect light is on on my amps (small boat, hard to mount things where you can see both ends of the amp) go through all kinds of things and finally discover my ground wire from the battery to my distro is corroded and this was my problem all along! It was the only thing not passing the continuity test... took it apart, cleaned it all off and resintalled... everything works again!

and now I have an extra WS420... to the classifieds!

moral of the story is maybe check everything next time before ordering new stuff.