Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-12-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
Anyone ever had to remove this panel... If so, how'd you do it? I can only see 5 fasteners... 4 studs along the top edge, and 1 screw at the bottom. I can reach the back 2 studs from the bottom/aft side of the panel, but I cannot get to the forward 2... Any ideas, is there any other fasteners that I'm missing?

Thanks!!!
Attached Images

Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       05-12-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Maybe something hidden behind the panel where the throttle is located?
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-12-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
I believe the only fasterners holding the panel on are the 4 studs across the top, and a screw at the bottom. I'm not trying to remove the panel from my boat, I'm only replacing the hardware so the panel will stay attached properly... But I can't reach the forward 2 studs.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2010, 7:45 PM Reply   
I have same boat//////older version.

What you do is remove that bottom screw. You can pull the piece away a bit from the floor to get to the top 2. It takes some finagling to get to the front 2, but that is the way to do it. Nice long wrench You can also remove the sound remote from the hole to give you a little extra room if need be,, but I have small wrists and hands and don't need to. Also thought there was one more near the rear bench at the place where it comes to kind of a point..
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-12-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
Swatguy,
Thanks for the info! By the way... Our boats are almost identical. It's a 01 X-Star... I forgot to add that on the thread title, suppose to be one of those: 'Hey X-1, old X-2, and older X-Star owners'
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-12-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
the other way to do it is by removing the throttle panel it's a pain in the butt but thats how they do it at the factory it's the last peice to go on after installing the side panel.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-12-2010, 10:41 PM Reply   
No worries, thought it was an older boat from the grphic on the panel. Even on a 2010 most of the bolts and hinges and guts are in the same places. Nothings changed except the bling and the $$$$

Yup Scott's got way number 2, but I never had a problem with the way I explained.

The throttle panel way leaves a bunch of pieces laying around and is tedious for me. The other way I do it, the throttle linkage all comes off together. However if you have big hands and a small wrench that is the only other way

What are you trying do Blake if you don't mind me asking? If your panel is loose those bolts are actually just glued onto the back panel if if you lost you tightness you mostlikely just have to gorilla glue/liquid nail them back in place. However I do know guys wo opted to drill holes in the panel when removed, put washers and allen bolts in there and it turned out pretty sharp. Keeps panel tight and don't have to worry about the glue popping loose

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-12-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-13-2010, 12:11 AM Reply   
The panel is lose, and the screw at the bottom was broken. I went to tighten the studs, and realized there was no hardware on 2 of them... The other two only have a nut, and 1 of them has backed off. I'm going to replace all of them with something that'll (hopefully) stay tight.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-13-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
Yea pretty common problem after the years. Like I said if you want to get crafty you can drill out the holes and crome them out. Otherwise the studs are just glued to that panel........wel whatever ones are left ayways.

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-13-2010 at 7:48 AM.