Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old    jblinzler            11-25-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
I'm moving from California next month to Columbus and i'm hoping to link up with a crew that rides near the city. I'm happy to drive, clean, fuel and teach when applicable.

Thanks,
Josh
Old     (xmcmillenx)      Join Date: May 2006       12-04-2017, 12:01 PM Reply   
Columbus has a pretty good wake scene. Most people ride at Griggs. Its pretty quiet right now since its cold but you should be able to catch a ride with people there fairly easily in the spring/summer/fall.
Old    jblinzler            12-07-2017, 8:25 PM Reply   
Nice, I'm looking to link up with a solid crew. How late/early do people ride in OH. Anyone hitting it year round in dry suits?

Last edited by jblinzler; 12-07-2017 at 8:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (JohnnyK)      Join Date: Jan 2018       01-03-2018, 5:48 PM Reply   
I won’t get on the water until early April. Even then it’s sketchy with all of the drift that we get in the spring. Although I’m in southern Ohio, but I will usually ride until late October in a wetsuit before it’s time to winterize the boat
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-14-2018, 9:23 PM Reply   
Southeastern Michigan the latest we usually ride is Halloween with wetsuit. One year got lucky and were able to trunk it in mid October on a nice day. Earliest people have been out on my lake is February last year and it was brutal. I've had the dock in the water the last 2 years by St Pattys day, usually start the boating season first week of April with wet suits.
Old    jblinzler            01-15-2018, 9:01 AM Reply   
Nice, it seems like there is a decent season here. Thanks for all the info everyone. Also, If any of you are ever looking for additional riders, please contact me.
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       01-22-2018, 6:52 AM Reply   
Hey all, I have been looking for a group of people in the area as well, Haven't found a solid group yet, I have a boat, and I would be more than willing to be a third on someone else's ride too. I ride Griggs, O'shagnessey, and Alum Creek (closest to my house great early morning weekdays)

I also started a wake and surf FB page if you guys want to join that too and we could even do a local group page if we ended up getting enough people.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/297177050757185/

Lemme know if that link does not work...
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       01-22-2018, 6:56 AM Reply   
Josh send me a PM when you get a min, tried to send you one but not sure what I did wrong but didn't work.
Old     (OSUBUCKS)      Join Date: Feb 2017       02-13-2018, 9:38 AM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1456747191114590/

Here is another Ohio only facebook page that was recently started if anyone is interested. Still haven't figured out why the PM is not working for me,
Josh if you can try to message me let me know.
Old    jblinzler            02-15-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
I tired to PM, but I think they are blocked since your profile is private. I sent the FB group request.