Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (hyperlitefix)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-01-2017, 6:36 PM Reply   
I have lived in the Vancouver area for 2 years and I'm having no luck finding local or nearby wakeboarders or people with boats! I have a board and gas money and would love to be a third. You likely will end up with some good pictures too since I always have a camera with me .

Let's go ride!

email: hyperlitefix@hotmail.com

Old     (imoore)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-26-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
You should stop by Active Water Sports in Oregon City! The guys in the shop are super cool and always willing to go out on the water. They even take out the shop boats sometimes and have the newest gear to ride.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-26-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
We're out 2 to 3x a week during the season. we start up our season once the temps aren't freezing at night and end up the season typically after Veterans Day when the night temps are freezing again. We usually have a fun crew of friends with us. some ride, many don't.

I'll be FOR SURE taking the boat out Satrday. I was out surfing on Tuesday in the Willamette with a friend.

My normal launch is Marine Park in Vancouver and we do 5:30pm after work runs all the time (not so much this time of year because we have so little daylight). Sometimes we launch at Cathedral or even Willamette Park, but usually we play in the Hayden Island slough.

Boat is a 23' Moomba XLV with some loud ass Wetsounds on the tower. I Wakeboard, Surf and Slalom. My 11 y/o surfs and wakeboards, and my wife surfs.

So by all means hit me up. We'll get ya out. It's obviously wetsuit/drysuit weather now. but if you wanna get out, we'll make it happen.

Trayson

Last edited by trayson; 10-26-2017 at 1:11 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-26-2017, 7:52 PM Reply   
Why are people replying to a thread that is 2 months old ??? its like you guys just noticed it.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-26-2017, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
Why are people replying to a thread that is 2 months old ??? its like you guys just noticed it.
Ian replied to it this morning, which brought the thread back up to the top of "new" posts. so yes, I just noticed it there this afternoon. I'm not on wakeworld all that often, so when she posted it originally, it got buried and I never saw it until today.

Make sense?
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-26-2017, 8:04 PM Reply   
yeah lol but who wants to ride in human feces after September the willamette gets overflown with sewage after it rains hard must be fun taking a fall a getting mouth/nose full of human crap and pee haha have fun.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-26-2017, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeslash View Post
yeah lol but who wants to ride in human feces after September the willamette gets overflown with sewage after it rains hard must be fun taking a fall a getting mouth/nose full of human crap and pee haha have fun.
Well, maybe just maybe I'd launch in the COLUMBIA where the water's not filled with Poo!

But that's fine. Everyone can just stay off the rivers so if's empty and uncrowded for those of us that wanna ride in the Fall.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-26-2017, 9:53 PM Reply   
Yeah as far crowded goes the Willamette is nuts in the summer about 50 boats out wake surfing at any given time on the upper and lower.

Last edited by wakeslash; 10-26-2017 at 9:55 PM.