Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
I don't know if anyone can help here, but thought their might be a GM service expert or someone who's had the same experience on here.

The wife has an 07 Yukon. Up until yesterday things have been fine. The "Service Battery Charging System" light came on. I had it checked (alt,battery and so on) Everything is working as it should. So I drive it all day yesterday, bring it home last night park it and go to bed. Now, this morning I went out to warm it up and nothing....I mean nothing! The only thing that had power was the cig lighter. I did some checking and found that the positive cable was so loose that I pulled it off without taking a wrench to it. That was some short lived hope....tightened it, went to start it...nothing again. So that brings me here, to my computer, to wonderful and informative Wake World! If anyone has any advice I'd sure appreciate it. I just want to avoid having it towed over something simple if that's the case. Thanks in advance.

By the way....I tried jumping it from my F-250...no dice.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-02-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Could your alarm be set when the battery lost contact? If nothing on the dash lights up check the main power fuse check the owners manual for location. Turn the headlights on and crank it does the headlights go dim or off?

(Message edited by mhunter on January 02, 2010)
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
I'll check...Thanks!
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-02-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
Whats your battery voltage?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Battery is fine.

I'm really starting to thinks that it's some kind of security issue. I think that it lost power overnight after I locked it up like Michael mentioned....

I checked for the main power fuse and can't identify it, but I'm probably just overlooking it in the book somewhere.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-02-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
On my '07 Sierra the main power fuses are under a plastic cover right near the battery. The main fuse block however is behind a flush panel at the drivers end of the dashboard.
Old     (2literwheezer)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-02-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
is the security light on the dask flashing?
you can get around the factory security by locking all doors with the key out of the ignition, from the outside unlock the pass door with the key. within 6 seconds put the key in the ignition and attempt to start. if not its dealership time (fyi this also works on mitsubishi)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-02-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Under warranty?

Does the starter try to engage?
As Hunter asked, dash lights?

It could possibly be a 12V fuse, ignition fuse, or ignition relay. Check everything though.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2010, 3:37 PM Reply   
In past years, AC Delco batteries have had issues with the POS post coming loose from the battery case and plates. Look real close to see if the post, not the cable but the part the cable bolts to, is loose and if there is battery fluid leaking out. If so, replace the battery, and make sure the cable end is clean of any corrosion. If it cant be cleaned, it will need to be replaced.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-02-2010, 5:15 PM Reply   
Hey Nate,
Do you have an active Onstar subscription? When the fuel system thought it was having troubles and threw the code on the screen on the truck, I was able to get them to run a diagnostic without having the engine running and they cleared it and pushed that back down I believe(guessing it was a last known communication report). May be worth a shot if its security system if they can manually clear it. Guess thats depends if its getting power to everything inside and etc.
Just a thought...good luck...
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-02-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of your help. The only thing I need to check now is the battery post. It is an AC Delco. If thats not it, then I'm having it towed(grrrr). It has zero power other than the cig outlet. No OnStar at all.

Thanks again!
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-03-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
It's a known problem and GM is doing nothing, but replacing parts. We have a 2007 Suburban that has been towed to the dealer 6 times in the past year, 3 new batteries, fuel pump relay, starter relay, and a couple of other parts. Can't wait until September 2010 and we give it back. The only time is gets towed is if we can't jump it with a battery pack. The GM customer care answer was GM and GMAC leasing are not working to resolve customer issues.
Old     (witness140)      Join Date: Dec 2008       01-03-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?s=57d30d093c74769e40c77e2e894b778d&showt opic=77637

Poke around some of the other GM, Suburban, 1500 forums that are on the web. You aren't the only one having the issue. Don't hope for a dealer service tech to know that others are having issues - they live in bubbles. I've had the dealers tell me that there are no TSB's for an issue I'm describing - until I print it and attach it to the steering wheel when I drop it off.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2010, 4:09 AM Reply   
Geez...That's it. This will be a fun day. Guess I'll spend my day dealing with GM....and I have 50k miles no warranty
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-04-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
I would ask for the regional service rep and push for an extended warranty. They offered us one, but we had already purchased it while is was under the bumper to bumper 3/36K.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-04-2010, 7:25 AM Reply   
This is an anti-theft feature that happens when the battery is disconnected for a period of time. You need to go to a dealer and have the security unlocked.
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
Ground cable was broken .
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Great service experience...50k miles on the Yukon and they got GM to warranty it.