Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-07-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Hey I was just wondering, are there any RHD trucks made by Chevy, dodge, GMC, or Toyotas around the world anywhere? Like the new Tundra's or dodge Rams....are there RHD drive versions made does anyone know? I have a hilux which is the tundra basically in Australia but our trucks are nothing like these big american ones with all the luxuries of good sedans and strong engines. I love these big trucks but also like the creature comforts....so may look at trying to get a RHD to be different.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks,
Old     (h2ohangtime)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-07-2010, 5:36 PM Reply   
Just import a left-hand drive from the US and everyone will think you're cool. It's like having an RHD here in the states--hardly ever see them unless it's a Rolls-Royce or something.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-07-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
pretty sure u cant get LHD car thats newer than 30 years old complianced or registered in australia (unless its been converted to RHD). Its also around 15k+ to get then converted + parts issues. I was just wondering maybe there was a country that produces them in RHD versions already possibly?
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-07-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
pretty sure a hilux is a tacoma not a tundra....
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2010, 6:13 PM Reply   
I'll bet you can get a yota in England somewhere. Definitely not a chevy, dodge, or GMC. I dont think you will be able to find a big sized anything anywhere in europe. Even in the countries that do have RHD everyone drives small trucks and cars because everything is diesel and they dont need big honkin trucks to pull stuff.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-07-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
yeh sorry tacoma is hilux my bad. mmmm not looking good.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-08-2010, 9:39 AM Reply   
no RHD Tundras.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-08-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
You can get a RHD Dodge, I've driven one.

RHD Dodge Ad

Same thing with any Jeep.

Upload
Upload
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-09-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
that is sex...pure sex. new goal is gonna suss them out and try get one imported. Are they mass produced cos i cant find anymore in the UK? im wondering if they are in the UK if anywhere else woudl have them...somewhere with a nicer exchance rate
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-11-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
hmm seems they dont make them from production in UK either they are converted first. Not sure about jeeps....most of the jeeps are offered in oz anyway i think. I want a ram, silverado or f150....i dont want to pay $90k AUD + which is what they are being sold for here.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-11-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
Dodge/Jeep makes them commercially, they are not converted.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-11-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
can u throw me a link to them, i cant find anything on RHD dodge rams that commercially available off the production line in RHD.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-13-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
You can buy Dodge Rams through Chrysler dealers in the UK but not in RHD you have to have them converted. Jeep on the other hand sell various models all in RHD. Holden sold the Chevy suburban in Aus in RHD form a while back but dont anymore.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-13-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
yeh really only like the trucks. tundra, titan, ram, f150. Wish we had the same selection of larger trucks here, everything is a scaled down version. I think the navarra is the titan but its bi7ch model.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
The STX Navara is a beast. Why not get a Safari or a Land Cruiser if you want something big?
Spotted a newish Land Cruiser with the Lexus V8 in it the other day sounded like it had a lot of grunt, didn't look half bad either.
Old     (leveraged)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-13-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
the land cruiser prado has the same engine in it as my hilux, the land cruiser v8 is a 4wd wagon...im more for the ute/pickup with 5 seats and a tray. The land cruiser tray back v8's are indistructable but 2 seats, everyone has them in my town and they are kind of a cowbow/bush bogan/redneck car here. I was really hoping to find a RHD american styled pickup that has all the creature comforts of sedans like electric seats etc etc. I will probably end up getting the prado or new hilux if i dont find one i think.