Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2018, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

I am not sure people realize how many American citizens are sleeping under overpasses right now. Why do we need more uneducated basic labor people?


So the homeless are homeless because of Nicaraguan immigrants? They are being squeezed out of even our current labor market by uneducated Nicaraguans?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-31-2018, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
It is not the volume of orders, it is the type of orders.

Of the two (Cubans vs Mexicans), Cubans literally are escaping a murderous totalitarian regime. Mexicans just don't like their paycheck.
Wait a minute so now your OK with people trying to escape a murderous totalitarian regime? Pretty sure all of the Syrian refugee's fall into that category. When did you change your mind on them? or are you just against anything that Obama did out of principle. Seems like your a bit of a hypocrite.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
I think that many are homeless because an artificial cheap labor force suppresses wages for those who are more of the labor only types and even for the union skilled labor. Unions love the illegals. They don't come back for their benefits. Squeezes out legit labor. Puts pressure on infastructure and housing. Makes it harder for low income to even get a foothold on the economy. Then we can discuss those uneducated and what it does when they can not get a job. You democrats like to point out that the inner city people only turn to crime because their education sucks and they have no other choice. What do you think happens to 22 million such people who literally have not been educated yet are trying to survive in a country that has pretty much outsourced all it's basic factory work?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-31-2018, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I think that many are homeless because an artificial cheap labor force suppresses wages for those who are more of the labor only types and even for the union skilled labor. Unions love the illegals. They don't come back for their benefits. Squeezes out legit labor. Puts pressure on infastructure and housing. Makes it harder for low income to even get a foothold on the economy. Then we can discuss those uneducated and what it does when they can not get a job. You democrats like to point out that the inner city people only turn to crime because their education sucks and they have no other choice. What do you think happens to 22 million such people who literally have not been educated yet are trying to survive in a country that has pretty much outsourced all it's basic factory work?
They have done a ton of studies on this and it turns out that illegals commit less crime per capita than US citizens. Not that I want the illegals here, but at least be honest with your arguments.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Wait a minute so now your OK with people trying to escape a murderous totalitarian regime? Pretty sure all of the Syrian refugee's fall into that category. When did you change your mind on them? or are you just against anything that Obama did out of principle. Seems like your a bit of a hypocrite.
You really don't know how to add 2 and 2 do you? For starters, international law says asylum seekers have to go to the next country. The US is not it for Syria..

The question was what is the difference between Mexico and Cuba. The difference is Cuban's are actually trying to get away from a murderous regime. Did not say everyone of them should stay, however of the two, they are the closest to falling in line with international law.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
They have done a ton of studies on this and it turns out that illegals commit less crime per capita than US citizens. Not that I want the illegals here, but at least be honest with your arguments.
How do they figure that out when it is illegal in the state with the highest illegal content to ask their immigration status (even in jail)? Federally 1/3 of the prison population are illegals.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-31-2018, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
How do they figure that out when it is illegal in the state with the highest illegal content to ask their immigration status (even in jail)? Federally 1/3 of the prison population are illegals.
Believe the numbers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ff0ee86a5c02
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2018, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
You really don't know how to add 2 and 2 do you? For starters, international law says asylum seekers have to go to the next country. The US is not it for Syria..



The question was what is the difference between Mexico and Cuba. The difference is Cuban's are actually trying to get away from a murderous regime. Did not say everyone of them should stay, however of the two, they are the closest to falling in line with international law.

Can you please provide a citation to this “international law” of which you speak?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-31-2018, 12:53 PM Reply   
so what if they commit less crime. Any crime committed by an illegal is too many.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Can you please provide a citation to this “international law” of which you speak?
That is Texas. California it is not legal to ask immigration status california has the largest number of Illegals by estimate and has a much larger gang problems than texas. Good to see they are not killing each other in Texas.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2018, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
That is Texas. California it is not legal to ask immigration status california has the largest number of Illegals by estimate and has a much larger gang problems than texas. Good to see they are not killing each other in Texas.


I’m talking about this “international law” that you are saying requires asylum seekers to go to the next closest country only.

TX and CA are states of the United States. That’s not international.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-31-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
so what if they commit less crime. Any crime committed by an illegal is too many.
Just saying if you need to be afraid of someone you should start by being afraid of Americans.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Can you please provide a citation to this “international law” of which you speak?
Turns out the US and Canada have such an agreement and Europe has such an agreement, however it appears that refugee status. You can not seek asylum until you are inside the host country. We are trying to designate Mexico as a third safe country.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I’m talking about this “international law” that you are saying requires asylum seekers to go to the next closest country only.

TX and CA are states of the United States. That’s not international.
oops. Meant to click on the reply next to yours.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       10-31-2018, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Just saying if you need to be afraid of someone you should start by being afraid of Americans.
I am afraid of most democrat ran institutions and illegals and their children are the engine to drive socialism. With it there is considerable violence in the Californian cities where the other minority communities have to fight for workplace access with more low educated/ skilled workers.

and technically if you want to be unafraid, you deal with 3% of a population group and over 50% of the violent crime goes away. We end up on par with most of those socialist utopia European counties you guys love.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 10-31-2018 at 1:20 PM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       10-31-2018, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I am afraid of most democrat ran institutions and illegals and their children are the engine to drive socialism. With it there is considerable violence in the Californian cities where the other minority communities have to fight for workplace access with more low educated/ skilled workers.

and technically if you want to be unafraid, you deal with 3% of a population group and over 50% of the violent crime goes away. We end up on par with most of those socialist utopia European counties you guys love.
No, we end up with much much less because those countries know how to say no. Not just to illegals but to a lot of procedures people want done, passed over for procedures due to age, etc. The problem with American morons is they believe they'll have the same care, same hospitals & doctors & nothing would change but a few percentages on their taxes. Then they'll blame republicans for all the damage & demand you vote democrat to right the ship.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-31-2018, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Turns out the US and Canada have such an agreement and Europe has such an agreement, however it appears that refugee status. You can not seek asylum until you are inside the host country. We are trying to designate Mexico as a third safe country.

So how do those agreements bind Hondurans? What refugees would ever hit Canada first under your interpretation, given that Canada’s only border is with us?

How about just providing a link to the primary source material, and we can stop making you play international human rights lawyer?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2018, 2:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
So he is a white supremacist because he wants to keep illegals out? How does your country handle illegals?
Honestly I don't think he is a white supremacist, I just think he is an amoral grifter and see's that he can pick up the White Supremacist vote by disproportionately highlighting the fear and hate relating to other people easy to kick.
The reality is that he won't change birthright citizenship, he will just make noise about it. Its the same with sending the army to the border to intercept the caravan, its the same with saying Islamic terrorists are mixed in with the caravan. Its all optics and fear mongering. Its just a shame there is such a market for it in the US.

The timing is all related to the midterms. Just wait to after the midterms and Muller starts up again, Trump will probably invade somebody as a distraction.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-31-2018, 3:51 PM Reply   
^^Hey, its not a caravan any longer, it is an INVASION!!!! An invasion trump sent the greatest army in history to stop. The best technology, 5200 armed service, Blackhawk helicopters...
the invasion is a diminishing group of civilian men and women and a bunch of children. They are walking and still 900 miles away. They travel about 10-20 miles a day on foot. How fast is a Blackhawk? But the MS-13 and Middle eastern Terrorists!!
Doesn't it bother GOP'ers that this is how low your main guys game is? Make it up? Run dead guys for office? Run guys like Duncan Hunter, indicted for stealing over $250K from his campaign. And Chris Collins indicted for insider trading...both may end up in jail and win reelection.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/tr...r-indictments/

He is a grifter, good word. And you know what grifters do...they lie and cheat people for a living. Remember when Lindsey Graham melted down during the Kav hearings and said that they should just make stuff up about dems.…They are. and its pathetic.
https://www.businessinsider.com/jaco...rce=reddit.com

Democrats soon to be known as the party of law and order and family values and fiscal responsibility. What will the republicans become?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-31-2018, 3:59 PM Reply   
Why is the grifter always blaming everything on the fake media?
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mike...wer&soc_trk=ma
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-31-2018, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Democrats soon to be known as the party of law and order and family values and fiscal responsibility.
Lets not get carried away, the democrats are just a different type of horrible. I don't think they are going to be know for law, order, family values or fiscal responsibility anytime soon.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-01-2018, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Honestly I don't think he is a white supremacist, I just think he is an amoral grifter and see's that he can pick up the White Supremacist vote by disproportionately highlighting the fear and hate relating to other people easy to kick.
The reality is that he won't change birthright citizenship, he will just make noise about it. Its the same with sending the army to the border to intercept the caravan, its the same with saying Islamic terrorists are mixed in with the caravan. Its all optics and fear mongering. Its just a shame there is such a market for it in the US.

The timing is all related to the midterms. Just wait to after the midterms and Muller starts up again, Trump will probably invade somebody as a distraction.
I don't disagree with most of that but you still didn't answer my question. If there were 5000 immigrants headed towards your country, how would NZ handle them?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-01-2018, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't disagree with most of that but you still didn't answer my question. If there were 5000 immigrants headed towards your country, how would NZ handle them?
Are you kidding? NZ refused to take even 150 refuges, for, get this:

“But at this point in time, it is the wrong decision to send people to New Zealand because in the end you’ll start the boats, people will fill up the vacancies we’ve created in Nauru, you’ll get the deaths at sea again. I’m just not going to preside over that arrangement.”

Who'd of thunk it! And that's just Australians from Menus Island. What's 20 million in our country though.....

But the Syrians, that was different, no it wasn't, they refused even 500 on the grounds of "security". Bigoted, racist Aus & NZ's. The Gov actually had the gull to state "He also added that Wednesday’s deadly attack on Westminster Bridge in London which killed three people and injured 40 justified a cautious approach to refugee resettlement. "

But we're the devil. GTFO Ralph & tell your country to practice what it preaches.

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 11-01-2018 at 7:47 AM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-01-2018, 7:53 AM Reply   
Damn, every leftist nut on this site was / is wrong about the caravan being this grassroot, all conspiracy to say it's funded & organized but low & behold:

WHEN WILL THE CARAVAN REACH THE UNITED STATES?
The US/Mexico border in Texas is about 1,000 miles away. That will take at least another month at the rate the group is traveling. The southern border in California is about 2,000 miles away. The caravan may split up. Many hope to end up in California. Many others hope to live in Texas and other states.

WHO ORGANIZED THE CARAVAN?
Three men in Honduras, according to one of them, Walter Cuello, wanted to bring attention to the violence and poverty of the country. Some say they wanted to embarrass the Honduran president.
These organizers imagined a few hundred Hondurans would join their cause. But the idea spread like wildfire on social media. Thousands joined the group, but for their own reasons.

WHO LEADS THE GROUP NOW?
Walter Cuello is the only original organizer left. Immigrant rights group “Pueblos Sin Fronteras” started helping once the caravan arrived in Mexico. There are six PSF volunteers with them now. They hold meetings every night and invite all the immigrants. A couple hundred or so show up. The next day’s destination city is announced and other caravan issues are discussed. Migrants volunteer to help do specific jobs the following day.

WHO FUNDS THE CARAVAN?
“Pueblos Sin Fronteras” is a nonprofit that receives donations, many of them anonymous. But most of the help along the away comes from local governments. They provide buses, food and water and help coordinate rides.
Many other groups and churches provide medical care, shoes and other supplies. There are many chefs in the kitchen.

Keep telling yourself it's all grassroots & not a planned & organized march for a political stunt.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-01-2018, 8:50 AM Reply   
it's giving Trump a talking point that allows him to fire up his base before elections. If it's a political stunt how is it helping Democrats? Seems like it's firing up his base more than anything else.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Keep telling yourself it's all grassroots & not a planned & organized march for a political stunt.

Thanks for sharing all of that info. How is what you shared indicative of this NOT being a grassroots operation? What factors do you see that would make it grassroots?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So how do those agreements bind Hondurans? What refugees would ever hit Canada first under your interpretation, given that Canada’s only border is with us?

How about just providing a link to the primary source material, and we can stop making you play international human rights lawyer?
There is no we unless you have a mouse in your pocket. I laid out the case where I am mistaking, however they are refugee status at best and can only claim asylum unless they are on US soil. They will then be detained in camps for a few years and if they are deemed to have illegally claimed asylum, they will be sent back with the threat of multiple years in prison if caught again.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-01-2018, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Thanks for sharing all of that info. How is what you shared indicative of this NOT being a grassroots operation? What factors do you see that would make it grassroots?
Yeah, when I read that it looked exactly like he was describing a grassroots movement. Started small with small expectations. Unexpected grew through social media. Then other organizations started pitching in. Perfectly describes the bottom up approach of a grassroots effort.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-01-2018, 9:34 AM Reply   
It's not a grassroots when someone organizes a few hundred, then gets funded to be able to blast the message to anyone who'll listen. It's hardly the first time this has occurred. Of course it swelled, if I offered a lie of free passage that you'll be welcomed opened arms & spread the message, no **** it's going to swell into the thousands. Bottom up? It's obvious trickle down and the walkers used as pawns. Two caravans last year, two this year, I'm sure the next caravan is grassroots too. They're not idiot liberals just following along like zombies, they're being fed, watered, driven, organized.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
There is no we unless you have a mouse in your pocket. I laid out the case where I am mistaking, however they are refugee status at best and can only claim asylum unless they are on US soil. They will then be detained in camps for a few years and if they are deemed to have illegally claimed asylum, they will be sent back with the threat of multiple years in prison if caught again.


Sorry man the “mouse in my pocket” thing went over my head. Is that a reference to something or an autocorrect typo?

So are you backing off a little and saying that the asylum seekers can cross Mexico to seek asylum here as long as that’s OK with Mexico?

I haven’t looked into it extensively — are we putting all asylum seekers in these camps or only Latin American ones?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
It's not a grassroots when someone organizes a few hundred, then gets funded to be able to blast the message to anyone who'll listen. It's hardly the first time this has occurred. Of course it swelled, if I offered a lie of free passage that you'll be welcomed opened arms & spread the message, no **** it's going to swell into the thousands. Bottom up? It's obvious trickle down and the walkers used as pawns. Two caravans last year, two this year, I'm sure the next caravan is grassroots too. They're not idiot liberals just following along like zombies, they're being fed, watered, driven, organized.

Huh. That’s an interesting take. So you are saying to maintain a grassroots status, it needs to be completely unorganized with no leadership?

I mean I would argue that the Tea Party (2010) was grassroots, even after it got organized, at least until they got co-opted by the Koch Bros. But using your analysis, as soon as someone is in charge, it’s no longer grassroots?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Huh. That’s an interesting take. So you are saying to maintain a grassroots status, it needs to be completely unorganized with no leadership?

I mean I would argue that the Tea Party (2010) was grassroots, even after it got organized, at least until they got co-opted by the Koch Bros. But using your analysis, as soon as someone is in charge, it’s no longer grassroots?
Tea Party are citizens. These people are not.

I believe the point is, they are being organized to try and rush the boarder of a sovereign nation. This is not a one or two person trickle in thing. Someone is paying for these people to do this.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Tea Party are citizens. These people are not.



I believe the point is, they are being organized to try and rush the boarder of a sovereign nation. This is not a one or two person trickle in thing. Someone is paying for these people to do this.


So only citizens of the United States can organize in a grassroots fashion? What dictionary do you use?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Sorry man the “mouse in my pocket” thing went over my head. Is that a reference to something or an autocorrect typo?

So are you backing off a little and saying that the asylum seekers can cross Mexico to seek asylum here as long as that’s OK with Mexico?

I haven’t looked into it extensively — are we putting all asylum seekers in these camps or only Latin American ones?
Yes. I am backing off a little, however they technically are considered refugees and they would not be allowed to do this in Europe, China, most likely the middle east or even Africa.

From what I gather the law states all asylum seekers are put in custody. However, there are changes between administrations on how they handle it. I believe that Obama turned them loose into the population of America while awaiting their hearing. This is the difference as to why Obama and Trump numbers are different as far as removals of illegals. Obama was releasing then only going after the ones who committed serious crimes. Them not showing up for the hearings I don't believe was considered serious enough to be deported. That is why we by defacto had an open border under Obama. Back in the day Jimmy Carter had a rather large camp going for all the Cubans after Castro emptied his prisons of criminals and political prisoners and shipped them to the US.

Funny thing is you put it into terms of Latin American. Mexico does not even like the Latin American ones. They don't want uneducated workers either.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 11-01-2018 at 11:01 AM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-01-2018, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So only citizens of the United States can organize in a grassroots fashion? What dictionary do you use?
Delta is right. You are arguing semantics about two vastly different set ups.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So only citizens of the United States can organize in a grassroots fashion? What dictionary do you use?
I don't care if it is grass roots or not. It is just a label with obviously a debatable meaning. Bottom line is, someone is paying for these people to rush our border. They have dozens of countries that are closer that they can disperse too. They are choosing to come all this way with complicate other countries supporting the effort.

If I were to organize and group of people and rush your home and take it over, what would that action be called since you are looking for a label? Does the label matter at that point considering me and my buddies are living off your dime?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 11:13 AM Reply   
No not really debatable. Words matter and if we can’t use language in common to both of us, we can’t accurately communicate with one another.

Since when did conservatives become so soft that they are truly afraid of VERY poor Central Americans? Have you seen these people? What about them scares you? What evidence do you have that they are “coming to take your home?”

Lol like this scary band of young mothers and their shoeless children is so intimidating that we need to deploy troops to repel them? are we going to shoot them? Or are we deploying a social work battalion?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Delta is right. You are arguing semantics about two vastly different set ups.


Please use your words and explain the difference. If I am wrong or misunderstanding you, it should be easy enough to explain.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       11-01-2018, 11:24 AM Reply   
let's say that this was funded by democrats... to what end? What is the purpose? How are they benefiting?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-01-2018, 11:31 AM Reply   
Who said they were scared of them? Its the simple fact that we have borders and laws. I don't care if it was a caravan of midgets. They need to come in the legal way.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
let's say that this was funded by democrats... to what end? What is the purpose? How are they benefiting?


I think they think it is part of the globalists agenda to dilute (white) America and turn us into a (brown) third world country.

Anchor babies, brown citizens whose true allegiance is their Central American homeland and their MS13 gang leaders. Also known as Bernie voters.

You know, plausible stuff.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Who said they were scared of them? Its the simple fact that we have borders and laws. I don't care if it was a caravan of midgets. They need to come in the legal way.


Scared = deploy troops. That sure sounds like clear and present danger. I mean we wouldn’t do it for political theatre, so there must be a threat. I’m just trying to figure out what the threat is?

Would we deploy tens of thousands of troops to repel a midget caravan of asylum seekers?

What makes you think they are not coming in the legal way?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-01-2018, 12:31 PM Reply   
Shawn, I think you have a different view because of your location. You are obviously upper class & removed from living next to them & your children are probably in a very white school district. Reno weeds them out & deports them unlike Las Vegas & other cities. Reno has no where near the amount of illegals other cities do. Where I live, they protect them. I've been in my home for 15 years. I've watched the spread, the increase in crime & even though they don't broadcast it, it's mostly due to the influx of illegals & those stats are easily found. No one is scared of the Hispanics, it's common sense. With no one willing to stop it, they just keep coming & coming. At what point is enough enough? When your kids schools go to crap? My kids were in great schools & they've went to crap solely because of the influx of illegals who can't speak English, won't do the work, take time away from the other students & the gang banging & us against the white mentality. And in my view & what I am exposed to, it isn't even the parents that are the problem it's their kids that turn into super A-holes once they're here.

What I see from you & others is you're for it cause you're not living by it. Let's say you're totally wrong & all of this goes to **** solely due to not stopping illegal immigration when we could have. Be honest, how would you feel about it? How would you feel about losing half your equity in your home because crime shoots the roofs & your schools drop in ratings? I know you're not naïve enough to think that isn't happening all over. Plus the illegals already here are against it for the same reason the rest of us are. I feel for their plight just as you do, I just don't get why you & others just dismiss the reality of what comes with it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Shawn, I think you have a different view because of your location. You are obviously upper class & removed from living next to them & your children are probably in a very white school district. Reno weeds them out & deports them unlike Las Vegas & other cities. Reno has no where near the amount of illegals other cities do. Where I live, they protect them. I've been in my home for 15 years. I've watched the spread, the increase in crime & even though they don't broadcast it, it's mostly due to the influx of illegals & those stats are easily found. No one is scared of the Hispanics, it's common sense. With no one willing to stop it, they just keep coming & coming. At what point is enough enough? When your kids schools go to crap? My kids were in great schools & they've went to crap solely because of the influx of illegals who can't speak English, won't do the work, take time away from the other students & the gang banging & us against the white mentality. And in my view & what I am exposed to, it isn't even the parents that are the problem it's their kids that turn into super A-holes once they're here.

What I see from you & others is you're for it cause you're not living by it. Let's say you're totally wrong & all of this goes to **** solely due to not stopping illegal immigration when we could have. Be honest, how would you feel about it? How would you feel about losing half your equity in your home because crime shoots the roofs & your schools drop in ratings? I know you're not naïve enough to think that isn't happening all over. Plus the illegals already here are against it for the same reason the rest of us are. I feel for their plight just as you do, I just don't get why you & others just dismiss the reality of what comes with it.
Bingo. They would line up by the hundreds on a particular street in Concord every morning. My wife would drive by and see them on her way to work. While a few here and there is not a big deal. It is like the army of ants. Now there is nearly 10% of the population are illegals. In california when stats were available back in 2003, it was costing this state over $15 billion a year in budget. Now it has to have exploded. Well guess what. They have increased taxes so high that middle class people like me can not even afford to live here anymore. On top of that, cash money leaving the local economies is enough to be the 3rd leading GDP item for Mexico. That is all cash that could be taxed or pay for other salaries. That is the life blood of economies.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-01-2018, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Scared = deploy troops. That sure sounds like clear and present danger. I mean we wouldn’t do it for political theatre, so there must be a threat. I’m just trying to figure out what the threat is?

Would we deploy tens of thousands of troops to repel a midget caravan of asylum seekers?

What makes you think they are not coming in the legal way?
No. threatening to crash our borders= deploy troops. Once they spread out, the BP won't be able to handle it alone(and it makes for good theater....). The threat is what they have said they are trying to do(illegal stuff). I assume you want to let them all in and let them stay in your basement. What happens when we do that and they all start coming? Just let them run across? Sorry. I don't agree with that.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 1:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I think they think it is part of the globalists agenda to dilute (white) America and turn us into a (brown) third world country.

Anchor babies, brown citizens whose true allegiance is their Central American homeland and their MS13 gang leaders. Also known as Bernie voters.

You know, plausible stuff.
Yes. I believe it is the democrats globalist agenda. They have told all of us exactly that they are children of the world and our borders do not matter. They are going to spread the wealth and specifically demonized the top 1% (used to be the top 3% until they all got in that tax bracket). Guess what you are the top 1% globally. You can try and paint it white against brown. If that happens to be the color so be it. It is cultural. Of what happens to b the Spanish decent are more socialist and traditionally less educated in the western hemisphere. it is a cultural fact. The democrats actively try and recruit these people into the country. Right now to the tune of almost 10% of the population. What is the end game of that? Currently in california, it is basically making a 2 class socialist society where the ultra wealthy democrats make money hand over fist because they get their money from out of state sales of products and their slave labor class. Middle class is almost dead. However they now have a democrat based super majority in the government and they wield much influence over national politics.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 1:05 PM Reply   
Haha that’s a first! Someone defending Reno as an upper class enclave. You looking for a job with tourism?

Look man I can’t speak to your personal experience and you can’t really speak to mine. Without going too far down the rabbit hole of personal disclosure, take a look at our school district’s HS grad rate. It’s nothing to brag about. Schools here generally suck because voters won’t support competitive levels of funding. Our best and brightest leave town because there are limited opportunities here for educated folks.

My own kids are high achievers but both went to “just OK” schools by CA standards.

The biggest threats IMHO? Poor school funding; poor teacher pay; willful disregard and disdain for education generally and science in particular; the lack of opportunity that follows with poor education; meth.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
No. threatening to crash our borders= deploy troops. Once they spread out, the BP won't be able to handle it alone(and it makes for good theater....). The threat is what they have said they are trying to do(illegal stuff). I assume you want to let them all in and let them stay in your basement. What happens when we do that and they all start coming? Just let them run across? Sorry. I don't agree with that.

Have they said they will “crash our borders”? Or that they will apply for asylum? Or that they will be living in people’s basements uninvited? If so I haven’t seen that. Do you have a link for that?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2018, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
I don't disagree with most of that but you still didn't answer my question. If there were 5000 immigrants headed towards your country, how would NZ handle them?
Well to be fair you would need to scale it down to our population:
5,000/325,000,000=0.000015 x 4,000,000 = 61 immigrants. Pretty sure we wouldn't be saying there are Isis fighters mixed in, they are criminals and dispatch the army to head them off.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2018, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
“But at this point in time, it is the wrong decision to send people to New Zealand because in the end you’ll start the boats, people will fill up the vacancies we’ve created in Nauru, you’ll get the deaths at sea again. I’m just not going to preside over that arrangement.”
No mate, you have the wrong end of the stick, that quote is from the Ausy Prime minister, NZ was requesting the refuges from the Australians but they don't want to release them because they feel it will encourage more refuges to make the trek to Ausy to try and get in to NZ.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-01-2018, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
don't care if it is grass roots or not. It is just a label with obviously a debatable meaning. Bottom line is, someone is paying for these people to rush our border. They have dozens of countries that are closer that they can disperse too. They are choosing to come all this way with complicate other countries supporting the effort.

If I were to organize and group of people and rush your home and take it over, what would that action be called since you are looking for a label? Does the label matter at that point considering me and my buddies are living off your dime?
Rush our border?? On foot, from 2000 miles away?, at a pace of 10 miles a day? I can see some other group is using the pussy hats now. Trumpussies. lol
Paying them? Your almost as bad as trump 100% making crap up. According to you a few thousand poor immigrants walking 2000 miles to attempt asylum and "rushing your home and taking it over" are the same. Feel your head, maybe you have a fever.
Mexico is offering temporary ID's, Education for their kids, economic assistance. What more could they do? The caravan is less than half what it was earlier, yet the president now is sending up to 15,000 troops? Maybe we should take some $$ out of the military budget and improve situ in Central America. If it takes 15,000 troops they surly are not earning their pay.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-01-2018, 2:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Well to be fair you would need to scale it down to our population:
5,000/325,000,000=0.000015 x 4,000,000 = 61 immigrants. Pretty sure we wouldn't be saying there are Isis fighters mixed in, they are criminals and dispatch the army to head them off.
Hey, you forgot Smallpox, Leprosy and Tuberculosis.
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...-people/221905

Its all that fake news from the mainstream media.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Haha that’s a first! Someone defending Reno as an upper class enclave. You looking for a job with tourism?

Look man I can’t speak to your personal experience and you can’t really speak to mine. Without going too far down the rabbit hole of personal disclosure, take a look at our school district’s HS grad rate. It’s nothing to brag about. Schools here generally suck because voters won’t support competitive levels of funding. Our best and brightest leave town because there are limited opportunities here for educated folks.

My own kids are high achievers but both went to “just OK” schools by CA standards.

The biggest threats IMHO? Poor school funding; poor teacher pay; willful disregard and disdain for education generally and science in particular; the lack of opportunity that follows with poor education; meth.
I don't really believe school funding impacts education. If it did, home school children would not statistically be as high of performers. California spends loads on education, yet we have to recruit from outside of the state for high tech workers. It is a cultural thing more than a money thing. Your kids were high performers due to the culture you established in your family not because (by your admission) lack of school funding. I came from a town of 19,000. As I have posted, many fine world known citizens have come from there. Trust me, there is no opportunity there either and education and yearning for success pretty much means you will be leaving town.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 3:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Rush our border?? On foot, from 2000 miles away?, at a pace of 10 miles a day? I can see some other group is using the pussy hats now. Trumpussies. lol
Paying them? Your almost as bad as trump 100% making crap up. According to you a few thousand poor immigrants walking 2000 miles to attempt asylum and "rushing your home and taking it over" are the same. Feel your head, maybe you have a fever.
Mexico is offering temporary ID's, Education for their kids, economic assistance. What more could they do? The caravan is less than half what it was earlier, yet the president now is sending up to 15,000 troops? Maybe we should take some $$ out of the military budget and improve situ in Central America. If it takes 15,000 troops they surly are not earning their pay.
So you are into nation building with the military? How did you feel about Iraq? I am sure you were for it.

Yes or no. Will you sponsor 1 or 2 of the refugees to live in your house?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I don't really believe school funding impacts education. If it did, home school children would not statistically be as high of performers. California spends loads on education, yet we have to recruit from outside of the state for high tech workers. It is a cultural thing more than a money thing. Your kids were high performers due to the culture you established in your family not because (by your admission) lack of school funding. I came from a town of 19,000. As I have posted, many fine world known citizens have come from there. Trust me, there is no opportunity there either and education and yearning for success pretty much means you will be leaving town.


Homeschooling discounts the compensation of the teacher with the greatest vested interest in the outcome to $0. So not a fair comparison. Recruiting similarly well qualified teachers isn’t something we should expect for free.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2018, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I don't really believe school funding impacts education. If it did, home school children would not statistically be as high of performers
Lol what? Come on. That is some pretty faulty logic.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 3:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Homeschooling discounts the compensation of the teacher with the greatest vested interest in the outcome to $0. So not a fair comparison. Recruiting similarly well qualified teachers isn’t something we should expect for free.
I think you are proving my point. Money is not the issue. Compensation does not make a teacher good. The teachers culture makes them good. Teachers where I grew up had to have summer jobs to make it work. They were not rich, but they did not have to worry about a majority of the parents coming in and telling them that their kids did not have to listen. Even the stoners would talk about where they were going to school next. It was pretty much expected in the community.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-01-2018, 3:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I don't really believe school funding impacts education.
Here in lies the problem. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. We have elevated belief to being just as important as facts.

Because you are afraid of illegals coming into the country doesn't mean we should deploy the troops when we already have a system in place to deal with them.

The fear of zombies is at an all time high in the US. Doesn't mean we should be preparing for it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Lol what? Come on. That is some pretty faulty logic.
Why is that. If I am committed to my craft, money is not the motivator. Small town America absolutely do not have the budgets that the city programs have, yet small town America does a fantastic job of putting out professionals. You think Asian kids in America get all the funding like the white suburban schools? Pretty funny in that way because in order for them to accepted to Ivy League schools, they have to score higher than black and white kids on the SAT scores. Not saying that bringing in high end teachers can't help, however Education is a cultural thing. You have to want it regardless of the teachers.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Here in lies the problem. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. We have elevated belief to being just as important as facts.

Because you are afraid of illegals coming into the country doesn't mean we should deploy the troops when we already have a system in place to deal with them.

The fear of zombies is at an all time high in the US. Doesn't mean we should be preparing for it.
I don't fear migrants. I fear the democrat party.

We need to enforce the laws. The democrats want more voters regardless of the impact it has on the working class.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-01-2018, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why is that. If I am committed to my craft, money is not the motivator. Small town America absolutely do not have the budgets that the city programs have, yet small town America does a fantastic job of putting out professionals. You think Asian kids in America get all the funding like the white suburban schools? Pretty funny in that way because in order for them to accepted to Ivy League schools, they have to score higher than black and white kids on the SAT scores. Not saying that bringing in high end teachers can't help, however Education is a cultural thing. You have to want it regardless of the teachers.


It’s BOTH. Of course parents need to set the expectation in the home. But schools need to provide qualified people who can teach. To argue that people should forego compensation for love of the craft... I say LOL. You want to attract the best teachers? Pay them like they are the best.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2018, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Haha that’s a first! Someone defending Reno as an upper class enclave. You looking for a job with tourism?

Look man I can’t speak to your personal experience and you can’t really speak to mine. Without going too far down the rabbit hole of personal disclosure, take a look at our school district’s HS grad rate. It’s nothing to brag about. Schools here generally suck because voters won’t support competitive levels of funding. Our best and brightest leave town because there are limited opportunities here for educated folks.

My own kids are high achievers but both went to “just OK” schools by CA standards.

The biggest threats IMHO? Poor school funding; poor teacher pay; willful disregard and disdain for education generally and science in particular; the lack of opportunity that follows with poor education; meth.
No one is gonna argue that Reno isn't a schithole in general. The point being made to you earlier was that you can't relate to Mexicans overrunning your town or state. I'm really curious to hear how you address that fact. I also agree that school funding has zero effect. Poor performance is a family (or lack thereof) cultural problem. I think you're having an off day today.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2018, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Why is that. If I am committed to my craft, money is not the motivator. Small town America absolutely do not have the budgets that the city programs have, yet small town America does a fantastic job of putting out professionals. You think Asian kids in America get all the funding like the white suburban schools? Pretty funny in that way because in order for them to accepted to Ivy League schools, they have to score higher than black and white kids on the SAT scores. Not saying that bringing in high end teachers can't help, however Education is a cultural thing. You have to want it regardless of the teachers.
Because the vast majority of people can't be home schooled so the resource we are working with is an infrastructure of public buildings, paid teaching staff and resources. So the real question is if you invest more in education does the quality of education go up? Defining this just as a salary question is too narrow, its the total investment in the sector you must consider, buildings, staff, resources, technology. Its a pretty surprising conclusion to get to that spending has no impact of education effectiveness. Also making the observation that education is a "cultural thing" and you have to want it is bit of a red hearing, the reality its in everyone's interests to achieve a reasonable standard of education so it is the educators job to find the buttons to press to motivate under achievers to achieve. That takes skill and talent, generally you have to pay more to retain people with skill and talent.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
It’s BOTH. Of course parents need to set the expectation in the home. But schools need to provide qualified people who can teach. To argue that people should forego compensation for love of the craft... I say LOL. You want to attract the best teachers? Pay them like they are the best.
The argument is not that people should forgo compensation for love of the craft but they can make all the money in the world and if the local culture (looking at you democrat cities) is one of disregarding education, then it is not going to change a thing.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Because the vast majority of people can't be home schooled so the resource we are working with is an infrastructure of public buildings, paid teaching staff and resources. So the real question is if you invest more in education does the quality of education go up? Defining this just as a salary question is too narrow, its the total investment in the sector you must consider, buildings, staff, resources, technology. Its a pretty surprising conclusion to get to that spending has no impact of education effectiveness. Also making the observation that education is a "cultural thing" and you have to want it is bit of a red hearing, the reality its in everyone's interests to achieve a reasonable standard of education so it is the educators job to find the buttons to press to motivate under achievers to achieve. That takes skill and talent, generally you have to pay more to retain people with skill and talent.
I will bet you anything you want that if you paid teachers $200,000 a year in Oakland, they still will not get any better results. The kids make more money by selling drugs than they will being in school. They are more worried about staying alive and having the nicest shoes vs getting accepted to Stanford. To to big city after big city and this is the case. Sure, better facilities help generate a certain amount of civic pride but I still have not heard an explanation for Asians? They are not typically the rich suburbanites. Country kids are not rich. They still achieve. I will meet you part way and agree that having the best teachers at the best schools does offer a more comprehensive leg up to the upper echelon of society, but that is the few. In general for the masses, it is the communities culture toward education that will get them the greatest gains.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2018, 4:15 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=plhorn;1982195]Here in lies the problem. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. We have elevated belief to being just as important as facts.

Because you are afraid of illegals coming into the country doesn't mean we should deploy the troops when we already have a system in place to deal with them.

Oh... you mean like how liberals BELIEVE it's okay to murder an unborn child in the womb or how they BELIEVE it's a good idea for men to shove their junk in another mans As$ and then teach children about it or how they BELIEVE it's okay not to enforce immigration laws already on the books?

That "system" is broken and the crooked left knows it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-01-2018, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Sure, better facilities help generate a certain amount of civic pride but I still have not heard an explanation for Asians? They are not typically the rich suburbanites. Country kids are not rich. They still achieve. I will meet you part way and agree that having the best teachers at the best schools does offer a more comprehensive leg up to the upper echelon of society, but that is the few. In general for the masses, it is the communities culture toward education that will get them the greatest gains.
I'd say you have just proved the opposite, if Asians/county achieve regardless of the money why invest there? You need to invest at the bottom not the top, no gains to be had at the top, they are already achieving.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       11-01-2018, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I'd say you have just proved the opposite, if Asians/county achieve regardless of the money why invest there? You need to invest at the bottom not the top, no gains to be had at the top, they are already achieving.
They don't invest there. That is the point. They tend to live in the city where the other minority people live, yet they are such high achievers that the democrats (Republicans are not into race based acceptance testing) have placed a higher standard on them for acceptance into high end colleges. They are in the same "low funded schools" as the blacks and hispanics. I say "low funded" because city schools have a bigger budget than the country schools.

End of the day, money only goes so far. In our schools growing up, if you were disrupting class the teacher got out the big paddle and laid the wood to you. The community needed to be behind it or it did not work.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-01-2018, 7:40 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1982206]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Here in lies the problem. What you believe has no bearing on the truth. We have elevated belief to being just as important as facts.

Because you are afraid of illegals coming into the country doesn't mean we should deploy the troops when we already have a system in place to deal with them.

Oh... you mean like how liberals BELIEVE it's okay to murder an unborn child in the womb or how they BELIEVE it's a good idea for men to shove their junk in another mans As$ and then teach children about it or how they BELIEVE it's okay not to enforce immigration laws already on the books?

That "system" is broken and the crooked left knows it.
Exactly, I believe that abortion is OK, you believe it isn't. Its a philosophical difference that can't be resolved, since their is no evidence one way or the other don't pretend that your belief is more important than mine and try to restrict my rights.

If you don't like gay relationships their is an easy solution.... Don't F a dude. problem solved. But that isn't good enough for you. You want your belief that Gay sex is gross to change the rights of of the guy that thinks it's awesome. How is your belief any more important than their belief?


You keep saying " crooked left" and as usual, its a statement based on your belief and not the facts that the criminals in the government are overwhelmingly Republicans. All the stats back that up. Again, my FACTS vs. your belief. Guess what your belief isn't worth a damn since you seem to be wrong all the time.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-01-2018, 9:40 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=plhorn;1982210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post

Exactly, I believe that abortion is OK, you believe it isn't. Its a philosophical difference that can't be resolved, since their is no evidence one way or the other don't pretend that your belief is more important than mine and try to restrict my rights.

If you don't like gay relationships their is an easy solution.... Don't F a dude. problem solved. But that isn't good enough for you. You want your belief that Gay sex is gross to change the rights of of the guy that thinks it's awesome. How is your belief any more important than their belief?


You keep saying " crooked left" and as usual, its a statement based on your belief and not the facts that the criminals in the government are overwhelmingly Republicans. All the stats back that up. Again, my FACTS vs. your belief. Guess what your belief isn't worth a damn since you seem to be wrong all the time.
Nice straw men you got there..... Not! You have to be one of if not the most intellectually dishonest people to ever hit this thread. You can’t even stay on track. A total waste of blood.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-02-2018, 4:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I don't fear migrants. I fear the democrat party.

We need to enforce the laws. The democrats want more voters regardless of the impact it has on the working class.
Here we go with the dumbest strawman from the right. Illegal immigrants aren't trying to vote no matter what you hear from politicians. Trump claimed that "3,000,000 illegal votes were cast in 2016". He handpicks a commission, spends god knows what on that commission, and they found nothing even remotely close to what Trump claimed. If 3,000,000 illegal votes were cast, it seriously would not be difficult to find.

Maybe you should just come out and say that only white Christians should be allowed to vote in the US.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-02-2018, 4:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Tea Party are citizens. These people are not.

I believe the point is, they are being organized to try and rush the boarder of a sovereign nation. This is not a one or two person trickle in thing. Someone is paying for these people to do this.
They must not be "paying" too well. The caravan is getting smaller as it gets closer to the US.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Nice straw men you got there..... Not! You have to be one of if not the most intellectually dishonest people to ever hit this thread. You can’t even stay on track. A total waste of blood.
There was no strawman in there. You are just an idiot.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
There was no strawman in there. You are just an idiot.
Are you even able to post without always calling names? Such a small man. My money says you're a fat guy with a fedora that always rails about his superior intelligence cause that's all he has. How long you been divorce & sleeping alone?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Are you even able to post without always calling names?
Ya kill'n me with irony Smalls.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-02-2018, 7:02 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=plhorn;1982210]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Exactly, I believe that abortion is OK, you believe it isn't. Its a philosophical difference that can't be resolved, since their is no evidence one way or the other don't pretend that your belief is more important than mine and try to restrict my rights.
Most Pro Lifers don't even know when Life begins. Once the egg Is fertilized, after 4 0r 5 days, It makes it's way to the Uterus, where it has a 50% chance of attaching to the wall, that and the fact that many embryos are aborted naturally, 20% to 50% depending on age. So, according to Pro-lifers, who believe life begins at conception, most "Life" goes down the toilet!
Anyway, a lot of people voted for Trump to overturn Roe vs. Wade.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       11-02-2018, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Ya kill'n me with irony Smalls.
Yeah, no.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-02-2018, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Are you even able to post without always calling names? Such a small man. My money says you're a fat guy with a fedora that always rails about his superior intelligence cause that's all he has. How long you been divorce & sleeping alone?
He has posted video of himself on WW. He’s well into his 60’s and he is literally barely one notch above Mini Me. No joke. I’m betting 135 is about what he actually weighs. He sure can talk like a big man on WW though. Your typical keyboard cowboy.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-02-2018, 8:43 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=markj;1982211]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Nice straw men you got there..... Not! You have to be one of if not the most intellectually dishonest people to ever hit this thread. You can’t even stay on track. A total waste of blood.
You should look up what straw man means, because you clearly have no idea. Im right on track and you dont seem to be able to rub enough brain cells together to come up with a counter argument.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-02-2018, 8:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
He has posted video of himself on WW. He’s well into his 60’s and he is literally barely one notch above Mini Me. No joke. I’m betting 135 is about what he actually weighs. He sure can talk like a big man on WW though. Your typical keyboard cowboy.
As expected, you cant justify your beliefs with reason or arguments so you go to "im bigger than you!". Hows that been working for you outside of high school?

True to form for markj
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:18 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us