Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2014, 11:08 AM Reply   
I knew there was a reason I am not considering a G.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-12-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I knew there was a reason I am not considering a G.

For me it's the $100k+ price tag. Yeah a broken shaft would suck but Nautique will fix that eventually!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-12-2014, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
For me it's the $100k+ price tag. Yeah a broken shaft would suck but Nautique will fix that eventually!
I knew there was some other reason
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-12-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Bummer.. Did you lose the prop when the shaft snapped like some of the other guys? Or did the rudder hold it on..
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-12-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
The broken shafts are reaching a level where we can finally sag something is severely wrong here.

My own conspiracy theory

The shafts were originally designed to push closed bow ski boats. Now a days factory ballast is the size of these old ski boat. Engines have gone from 260hp now up to 450hp. Boat weights have doubled , ballast levels have tripled. Just look at the posts in this thread. 7k on top of factory. 14.5 inch diameter props with crazy torque.

What's the it piece that hasn't changed in this entire equation to get beefier???????? The same ol 1 1/8 prop shaft. It's about time to give that a look see