Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-05-2013, 7:16 PM Reply   
Doing some searches on prop repitching I know there is a place in Texas that has been discussed. I am in northern Pennsylvania, does anyone know of a reputable place to have my prop repitched that would be closer to me? I have an 05' enzo with the older 1:1 tranny and the stock 13x12 prop I want to have it repitched to 13x10.5.

Unless someone has a good reason not to repitch and spend the extra $ on a new one other than having 2 props.
Thanks
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-05-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
Doing some searches on prop repitching I know there is a place in Texas that has been discussed. I am in northern Pennsylvania, does anyone know of a reputable place to have my prop repitched that would be closer to me? I have an 05' enzo with the older 1:1 tranny and the stock 13x12 prop I want to have it repitched to 13x10.5.

Unless someone has a good reason not to repitch and spend the extra $ on a new one other than having 2 props.
Thanks
I will ask my buddy where he had his done, but we are in CNY and he had his Acme hammered out somewhere local-ish.

Adirondack Marine in Lake George used to have a great prop guy far as I know. They probably still have some good references...
Old     (jk13)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-05-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
I'd buy a new one and sell the old. Less chance of vibration or shudder that way. And probably similarly priced by the time it's said and done. Re-cup probably will run $150++ at a reputable shop.

I've had some repairs done by a local shop that's had a stellar reputation for decades and they're never quite the same as a brand new prop. No matter what it will have a smoother and shinier finish, losing some of the CNC grooves and possibly some bite in the process. And hand hammering--no matter who does it and how good they are--will never be as accurate as a newly CNC'd piece.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-06-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Www.delawarepropeller.com is in muncie in and been in business a very long time. They did an excellent job repitching my acme 4 blade 13x13 to 13x11 just last year.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-06-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
http://www.nettleprops.com/
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-06-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
Bumpass1 that is the place I found everyone talks about in Texas. I was just looking for someone closer to save a little on shipping. I found this place and they claim to use some sort of computer scan.

http://www.accutechmarine.com/
What do you think?
I have heard it should cost around $75 plus shipping so around $100 total compared to $400. But if it's really a bad ideal I'll cough up the extra $$