Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-23-2011, 1:20 PM Reply   
My son is a senior this year and was accepted at Chico State. I think we are going to tour Chico next weekend. April 1st or the following weekend April 9th.

We are wondering if we can hook up with the Wakeboard team for a pull?!

My son wants to join the team.

Please hit me up if it's possible?

Thanks!
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hey Tommy, I'm on the team up here. Unfortunately most of us are leaving that friday (the 1st) to go down to a tournament in modesto. Then the following weekend (weekend of the 9th) we are making a trip down to Long Beach to compete in the Empire Wake Series Nationals. I'm sorry about the timing, but if you decide on another time I'm sure we can make something happen assuming we get some decent weather. It'd be great to add another rider to the team.
On a side note, Chico is an absolute blast, and I think your son would probably love coming here. The people are nice, and there is tons to do when you aren't at school.
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2011, 10:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Travis. We have heard some great things about Chico. He is actually deciding between Chico State and Long Beach State. So next year it looks like he will be riding with you or against you. Haha. Either way I'm sure we will end up meeting you on the water soon.

Long Beach is our home spot so we will head over to check out the comp next weekend. Good luck!!
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-29-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
haha, that's ironic- I started my college career at long beach and rode for their wakeboard team, and have since transferred and now ride for chico. To be honest, the comparison isn't even fair, Chico is so so so much better than long beach (and I'm not referring to the team, but the whole environment). Long Beach just doesn't have any sort of a college feel, and the school is just full of commuters. Chico is centered around the college, and there are people college-aged everywhere, which is amazing. It's obviously up to your son where he ends up, but I would highly recommend Chico over LB.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
Going to Chico State was one of the best decisions I ever made. It is such a great town and awesome campus. I am going to back to visit at the end of April for the first time in about 6 years and can not wait.
Old     (bryan_hansen)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-03-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
Like Travis, I transferred from Fresno to Chico State to join the team, and it was the best decision I've ever made. Your son will have the opportunity to ride practically every day of the week. The team's passion for the sport is unmatched, and it shows in their riding. If you'd like more information the team, go to www.chicowakeboardteam.com.