Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Collegiate Wakesports

Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-23-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
October 3rd-5th
Gibson City, IL

Tournament and Registration

-Teams can register five men riders and two women riders.
-Teams may also register one wakeskater per team.
-Preregistration will be open until Wednesday, October 1st until midnight. Minor changes may be made up until Friday night when your team arrives.
-For teams arriving late please be sure to designate someone to confirm your team’s registration and let us know of any changes by Friday at midnight.
-Wakeboarding will begin at 8:00 am Saturday and Sunday.
-Practice will be available for $5 per set on Friday from 5:00 pm until sundown.
-Concessions will be available beginning Saturday morning and last the duration of the tournament.
-Saturday dinner is provided for all riders and officials—guests may purchase a
plate for $5.

Fees & Forms

-Individual Entry Fee: $35 - If one of your riders is doing both wakeboard & wakeskate the fee is still just $35. (includes dinner on Saturday night).
-Team Entry Fee: $30 per team.
- Registration Template: This is due Midnight Wednesday night to Lacey Caldwell. Lacey’s email is ljcaldw@ilstu.edu
- USA Water Ski membership should be updated, but if there are any new riders you are bringing, make sure they have proof of USA Water Ski if needed. All riders must be currently enrolled in the school they are riding for and need to bring their student IDs with them at time of registration Friday night.

We will be having a theme party Saturday night, we will let you know sooner to the date of the tournament.

General

-NO PETS
-No glass bottles allowed on site
-We will be camping at the site, so please plan accordingly
-Directions are posted at the end of this form.

Any questions or concerns about the tournament you may contact:
Lacey Caldwell:
ljcaldw@ilstu.edu
(217) 725-3024
or
Scott Allen:
(847) 833-6115

Good luck to all of the teams!! This tournament is the Midwest Regional Qualifier for Wakeboard Nationals. Nationals is a televised event on CBS College Sports. It will be in the spring – more info to come!

Directions to Lake Site:

From Interstate 55, North of Bloomington:
-Head toward Dwight, IL and take exit 220; heading south
-This road is Rt. 47, and should be followed for 45 miles into Gibson City
-Go through (still heading South) the first 4-way Stop intersection
-Turn Left and the next intersection (T-intersection)
-Head to the first (and only) stoplight in town and make a right turn
-This road is still Rt. 47 and will be followed Approximately 1.5 miles.
-Turn Left onto E 300 North Rd., and it will be the first lake on the Right

From Interstate 74:
-Head towards Mahomet and take exit 172 (the Gibson City Exit) North
-Follow this road for Approximately 18 miles
-During that time you will drive Through a stop sign intersection
-Before you have reached Gibson City, you will take a right at E 300 N Rd.
-The road can be landmarked by a set of white “Dairyland Seed Buildings,” first lake on the Right

From Interstate 57:
-Head towards Paxton, IL and take exit 261 and head west
-You will follow this road for 15 miles, and then into Gibson City
-At the first (and only) stoplight in town, take a left and head south on Rt. 47
-Approximately 1.5 miles after the intersection, Turn Left onto E 300 North Rd.
-We are the first lake on the Right

(Message edited by Kelli22 on September 23, 2008)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2008, 6:40 AM Reply   
What is the registration template?

How is the competition set up? Head to Head no matter skill level?

Thanks for putting this together, and ESPECIALLY FOR WAITING TILL SKI SEASON IS OVER, unlike some other schools' comps.
Old     (kelli22)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-24-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
Not sure about the regs template. I didnt write that email Lacey did. Are you on facebook? There is an event on there for this.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Ha! I don't even know how to find groups on the new facebook. We'll email.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-25-2008, 6:35 PM Reply   
Best Wishes. I wish I could help y'all out. I have to attend the Indy Fall boat show. Ill try to get a Crew from Ball State, IU and Purdue to come over. How are you doing on judges drivers and safety. Call me if you need any help 765-744-6310
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
IU is taken care of Chris
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-29-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
Hey guys I just got off the phone with Lacey she would like to get a head count if you have not e-mailed her to let her know you are comming as a team please do. You can e-mail her at the above address or put it up here and I will be able to see it and pass on the info. I will be on site as a safety person thats why I am helping her out with this, and with the little paper work.