Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2016, 9:25 PM Reply   
0-60 in 2.5s

Last edited by wakeworld; 09-19-2016 at 10:13 PM.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2016, 6:40 AM Reply   
I really wouldn't call that smoked. Tesla's get off the line great but have no top end at all. That lambo was going by it like it was sitting still at the end of the race.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2016, 6:59 AM Reply   
Well I should hope there's SOMETHING it can do better at twice the price

Worth noting that by the time it finally passes the Tesla they're about 10 seconds in and roughly 115mph... pretty impressive in my book

I drove the P90d model X a few weeks ago and the initial acceleration is beyond insane. Less than 3sec 0-60
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
When I re read my post it sounded like I didn't think it was impressive. That wasn't what I was trying to get out. It was very impressive. There is no doubt they very fast, they just fall on their face over 100mph. But they get there so much faster than any other cars. You just can't beat instant full torque
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2016, 7:16 AM Reply   
Totally. I guess they haven't figured out a way to put in a transmission without it blowing up.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2016, 7:36 AM Reply   
Tesla's are impressive! I would love to have one someday but when you put it in a video with that Lambo, all I can do is drool over the sound of it even if it is losing! I'd like to see the Tesla against a new 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo, I saw they are pulling 2.3 0-60 and 10.6 @130mph in the 1/4 mile. Cars are just getting ridiculously fast!
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-19-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
There's no doubt the Teslas are impressive but in no way shape or form would I rather have it over the Huracan. You just can't beat the sound of a screaming engine.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
I agree totally different beasts but I need a family hauler and the model X is high on the list - tough to get twin car seats in the lambo
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2016, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
I agree totally different beasts but I need a family hauler and the model X is high on the list - tough to get twin car seats in the lambo
I hear you on that one! I was thinking about getting rid of my Corvette and finding a 2016 Shelby GT 350 because a car seat will sort of fit in the back once we move to front facing (she's only 4 weeks old now). A Tesla would smoke the GT 350 but it's almost 2x the price.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2016, 9:04 AM Reply   
If I was going to buy a new under 100,000 family car I would buy a ATS-V or CTS-V if could swing it. But I can't so I'll just keep dreaming.
Attached Images

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
I looked at a CTSV a couple of years ago. Really wanted the car but when I put my three kids in the back my dreams were dashed
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-19-2016, 10:00 AM Reply   
I drove my Dad's '09 CTS-V quite a bit and it was a pretty sweet car but there was just something about it that I didn't like and I'm not sure what it was. I checked out the new CTS-V at the auto show and I feel like it's smaller than the last gen. He traded in the V on a '16 Z06 convertible and that car is fast but IMO, boring to drive with all of the safety features turned on. I'd like to check out a used Tesla or maybe even a Hellcat Challenger
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2016, 12:54 PM Reply   
My wife drives a 08 STR8 with the 6.1 which was a dog until it was tuned. But now she has her eye's on a hellcat charger.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-19-2016, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
08 STR8 with the 6.1
^ how has that been for reliability?
My wife's next vehicle will most likely be an SUV but she wants some "zoop" to it. The short list is the SRT8 Jeep, Audi SQ5, Macan, Explorer Sport, or maybe if used Model X's are down below $60k it'll be an option.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-19-2016, 1:45 PM Reply   
Bought it at a steal of a deal fully loaded but 97K mile on it though. First week did exhaust tune and intake, now it has 160K and haven't had one problem. I haven't even changed the break pads yet.

Well take the back there is a recall for the key's FOB. The key would get stuck in the ignition and no matter what you couldn't pull it out. So you would have to just leave your key in the car. But it was replaced for free around
150K miles.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2016, 4:57 PM Reply   
Yes we've all seen that exact race 100 times the Tesla pretty much destroys anything up to 60 or 80 miles an hour.

For a new car guys there is a interesting program on Netflix called apex. where is Chronicles the development of the next GEN hyper cars . All of which include electric assistance. As the Tesla showed us all it is an awesome vehicle from 0 to 60 but after that The gas powered beasts come on. These new hyper cars that include electric assist and can fill the gap between turbo lag and other problems. These new hybrid cars are simply amazing Porsche 918 McLaren P1 and the laFerrari.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-19-2016, 5:21 PM Reply   
True although this is now well over 100mph and the porsche (which is give my left nut for) is over a million bucks I think...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2016, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
True although this is now well over 100mph and the porsche (which is give my left nut for) is over a million bucks I think...
They only cost 918 Thousand! LOL
They made 918 of them.

But when you look at the Konesegge One:1 they cost 3 million. The 918 is a deal LOL
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-20-2016, 7:50 AM Reply   
I love smashing through gears. I love a clutch....and the sound of a screaming combustion engine. I've been in a few Teslas. While the acceleration is very impressive, the overall experience isn't for me I don't think.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-21-2016, 6:56 PM Reply   
1:One. FTW!!!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2016, 8:52 AM Reply   
This video shows how much faster a P100 is then a P95
https://youtu.be/xaA5y-mzw44
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       09-24-2016, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
I love smashing through gears. I love a clutch....and the sound of a screaming combustion engine. I've been in a few Teslas. While the acceleration is very impressive, the overall experience isn't for me I don't think.
This is the best I've heard it said and mirrors my own feelings. Great cars but the visceral experience isn't there for me.

My wife wants a Model X which I am not opposed to and would work for most of her needs. The back doors keep me from seriously considering one. Cool gimmick but in the Seattle area (rains a lot) you can't have 1/2 the roof opening every time people get in and out.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       09-24-2016, 10:56 PM Reply   
https://youtu.be/Ba9_w3UXVCc

Wow... You can't get that experience from an electric car.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-25-2016, 3:53 AM Reply   
Meh, not a fan of the clutchless manuals. Sadly that's where everything is heading. My car now is probably one of the last german cars available with three pedals