Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (shredsthegnar)      Join Date: May 2010       01-25-2011, 6:45 AM Reply   
Im looking to get a new wakeskate this year, Im primary a wakeboarder but have been showing some interest in wakeskating. Ive done it a few times. Ive skateboarded my whole life. Ive been looking through all the companies boards, but I want a board that has the most skateboard like feel and pop to it. I see the bi levels never rode one but, they just seem so heavy for flip tricks of whatever. what do you guys suggest.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-25-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
watch out when reading board descriptions, almost every company says "true skate feel". It's pretty misleading.

If you are just starting I would look elsewhere than a bilevel. The boards are less responsive and initiate tricks slower. Its just a totally different feel. Thats why you see most of the really tech wakeskaters on standard concave boards besides Matt Manzari and Reed Hansen.
You should just start with a wood concave board. They dont have any gimmicks and most ride really well.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-31-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
SKATE feel... We ride on water.... How can it be anything close to a land sport.... Its its own sport learn it... its apples to oranges
Old     (mikef9844)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-02-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
Wood concave single deck. Check out remote thats my next board. Im riding a liquid force right now and its a solid deck it's lasted 2 years. Happy
shredding!
Old     (shredsthegnar)      Join Date: May 2010       02-03-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
thanks guys and dave, your a dbag.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-03-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
hahaaha ^x2
Old     (epicTWR)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-08-2011, 3:15 PM Reply   
remote boards are pretty awesome, were about to get a bunch into the shop. if you are interested or have any question about the Remote boards and sizes

check out

theliquidplayground.com
and call the shop.
Old     (hmmm)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-09-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
yeah, wakeskating has nothing at all to do with skateboarding. at all.................
Old     (WssLife)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-16-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
I have found that trying to make wakeskating be the same as skating is what has slowed me down the most :P you have to accept that its a different sport just as wakeboarding is entirely different to snowboarding. However I do feel a background in skating helps to a point
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-20-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
At what point did the Op say wakeskating was the same as skateboarding? He just asked what deck had a similar feel. I'm assuming he meant concave, kicks, etc. Sometimes people on this site just wanna start an argument for the sake of arguing. If u can't answer him, just keep your mouth shut and move on to the next thread............ D-bag. Hahaha killer comeback, so subtle.