Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (matts0246)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-14-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
my wife is looking for a new board do you girls have any recommmendations.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-14-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
What is her height, riding ability? (Notice I didn't ask weight! lol) Women!
Old     (matts0246)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-14-2010, 3:30 PM Reply   
she rides a 134 right now this was her first year but is riding good jumping wake to wake
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-16-2010, 6:48 AM Reply   
Hey Matt, A lot of which board she would like depends on her comfort level with the current shape she is riding. If she likes a 3 Stage, I'm a big fan of the Byerly Monarch, O'Brien Skyla (Dallas Friday board) and the Wakeology Stoke. I'm no help at all on the Continuous Rocker boards, but hear great things about the Liqid Force Melissa and the new Ronix Quarter 'Til Midnight (Haley Smith) board. The best thing in the worl to do is demo-demo-demo. Most shops that have a demo program will allow you to apply the rental money towards the purchase of a new board.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       11-16-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
what is she riding now, and why does she want a new board? ie what features is she looking for? more pop, more speed, nicer graphics?!
I think the LF Luna is a great all round board - I rode one for several years and liked it a lot. I tried the ronix coy once and thought it was a really easy board to ride - really predictable and easy to ride away from tricks. Not the poppest board I've tried, but still more than enought to ride well.
Re the melissa, I tried it recently and I loved it and hated it - just different parts of the ride! It was really really really poppy, but because it's a bit flexy it can be a bit unpredictable. Really soft landings. can be a bit skatey and loose when you're not on edge though. I also rode it with fins and couldn't get it to unlock from the water to do a bs slide for the life of me - it was stuck there like glue! so yeah, lots of ups and downs. I think without fins I might have loved it!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-21-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
Not sure if you are interested in a Liquid Force Jett 136. I am selling one I only rode a few times. It is listed in the Classified ads.
Attached Images