Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (HighWater)      Join Date: Apr 2012       09-19-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone has came back from a tibial plateau fracture to ride again? Being I'm 29 and have a 12" plate with 13 pins in left leg from moto, and now a plate with 4 pins in my right leg, is the grave next for me? My heart dont beat without an adrenaline rush.

I was going for an Indy glide and landed just like seen in the pic below, I think due to slack in the rope. Totally busted my **** up and displaced my lower leg about 3 inches to the right. Got some peroneal nerve damage, hopefully just stretched. Been 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Docs still not letting me put weight on it for fear of popping off that golf ball sized bone piece. They scoped my knee on all four corners, said he was picking out bone fragments everywhere. Still dont know about ACL, MCL, PCL, and whatever the fug else there is, but all tendons around meniscus was tore, dont know if meniscus survived, docs were just concerned mainly about fracture for now. I am out of range of motion brace after only 10 days of being in it, full leg brace first 10 days post-op. I have been on a stationary bike 3 days now, got close to 100 degrees of ROM out of knee. Dealing with no lateral movement in my ankle though. Anyone dealt with this injury before?