Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       05-06-2016, 7:32 PM Reply   
SOO anyone road behind the WT-1?? Looks is not my main concern.. I want to know if it has pop and is surfable without rope and a million adjsutments.

I moved to a small lake and have a 19ft limit.... Heyday is perfect option.. but is it?

Any other boats under 20ft?

I currently have a 2010 AIr Nautique.. so either way I have to downgrade : (
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2016, 7:44 PM Reply   
Offhand some other options:

A20 (Would be my pick)
Tige R20 / RZR
Nautique Sport 200
Malibu VTX
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-06-2016, 9:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Offhand some other options:

A20 (Would be my pick)
Tige R20 / RZR
Nautique Sport 200
Malibu VTX
I believe all of these won't work as the OP stated UNDER 20 feet, and that the lake's restriction is 19'. All of those you listed are 20' +
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2016, 10:01 PM Reply   
Saw one of these at local boat show. VERY interesting.

Anyways, about a month later i saw the same boat, because i asked, broke down at the dock at hr 2...

Not saying they are all like that, not at all. Just interesting. I want to ride behind one!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-07-2016, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
I believe all of these won't work as the OP stated UNDER 20 feet, and that the lake's restriction is 19'. All of those you listed are 20' +
You're right, I can't read.... ignore what I said
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-07-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
I saw our local dealer has sold at least a few of them that I have seen posted as sold on FB. I have not seen one on the water yet...
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-08-2016, 6:08 PM Reply   
Is my browser messed up or does their website barely have any pictures of this boat? Are they that embarrassed of it that they can't post pictures of the exterior, interior, and trailer from multiple angles? Even their promo videos spend more time showing text than the actual boat. Blah
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-08-2016, 6:17 PM Reply   
I found a bunch of pictures on a separate site: http://www.boatingmag.com/heyday-inboards-wt-1#page-11

It doesn't actually look bad to me.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-08-2016, 8:11 PM Reply   
saberworks, they're still working on stuff with the website, I'm sure. Ben (brand manager) and his team have been all over the place for boat shows and whatnot the past several months and have had super busy schedules. Their Facebook page has a decent amount of pictures of the boat/wake/wave though! The surf wave looks massive for a relatively small boat, and the wake looks super fun, similar to an A20/A22.

https://www.facebook.com/heydayinboards/
Old     (Riley212)      Join Date: May 2015       05-08-2016, 11:02 PM Reply   
For under 19 feet i think it is your only option for v-drive. the only other boat would be an old ski nautique, which makes a sweet WB wake but tiny surf wave (i have this boat) but it comes with being old and wood.

wake looks solid in these videos http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/surf-heyday-wt-1
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2016, 4:32 AM Reply   
I saw a Heyday at a Sequoyah Marina on Tellico Lake yesterday. First one I have seen here in East Tennessee. It looked pretty nice.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-09-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
There are quite a few videos on the WT-1 at you tube. Just type in "heyday WT-1"
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-23-2016, 3:48 PM Reply   
I bought one back at the end of march and love it so far. I ride on the river a lot and it fits 5 comfortably. I love how it has no carpet and minimal interior pieces. It is super easy to clean up at the end of the weekend. A lot of people in our crew all have boats so we typically roll about 3-6 deep in each boat. I like how it still has mechanical switches so you dont rely on a screen for controls. It has under the floor ballast. The front storage is actually very big and I also have the engine tray storage. In the front storage I have a subwoofer box, 200 pounds of led, anchor, life jacket brick, 2 surfboards, 4 bumpers, tie up ropes, and still have some room to spare. In the engine storage tray I keep riding vests, wakeboard and surf ropes, and peoples bags they may bring. I keep a cooler behind the drivers seat. People tell me it feels a lot more roomy than it looks and almost everyone that gets in it is impressed. If there is just 2 of us in the boat I fill the stock ballast and put a 600 sack on each of the driver. When the rider cuts out you feel no pull on the boat. The engine feels real peppy being in a smaller boat with 350hp. In real choppy water it cruises good around 22 mph but anything more and it porpoises. The stock mirror is also cheesy so I took it off. So far I am happy with it
Old     (lawmaster891)      Join Date: Oct 2015       06-23-2016, 3:52 PM Reply   
I can easily surf my skim board (inland surfer keenan flegel pro skimmer) behind it with just stock ballast and the driver. I was even able to keep surfing while the boat turned around and surfed through chop from another boats wake. The wave has tons of push and isnt the tallest but it is long. The wakeboard wake is pretty wide. I ride at 60-65 ft with stock ballast where I ride 70ft behind most boats. it has nice wake and I have put a 600 sack on each side of the driver which made it awesome at 70ft.