Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bbnight3)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2014, 2:17 PM Reply   
Has anyone run an Acme 2083 on any Sangers? I picked up an Acme 911 (10.5" pitch) since I brought the '05 v215 up to 6000' altitude, which ran pretty good but was didn't have quite as much holeshot as the 12" pitch stock prop did at sea level. Since I don't care much about top speed as we board and surf and I really wanted it to respond well out of the hole with a lot of ballast, I decided to try the 2083 (9" pitch). I haven't gotten the prop yet but as I anxiously await I was curious if anyone had any experience in the area? FYI - the top end was 44mph @ 5000RPM at sea level with stock prop and was 39mph @ 5000RPM at 6000' with the 911. That was with only me in the boat and no ballast.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-04-2014, 9:26 PM Reply   
If you are running significant ballast that prop might be great. Do you have the Bennet trim tab on your boat? That can help starts and top speed quite a bit, as well as other benefits. It's worth getting any help you can. Your 330 hp is closer to 260 at your altitude.
Old     (bbnight3)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-04-2014, 9:36 PM Reply   
Yeah I've got the Bennett trim tab and it helps a bunch. I basically run with it down almost all the time. I can feel the drop in power for sure. I'm glad I don't slalom or Barefoot. It would be miserable at altitude since it's not as simple as repropping and losing some mph.
Old     (NoCO570)      Join Date: Mar 2016       05-22-2016, 10:23 AM Reply   
Bumping this old thread, looking for feedback on the 2083
Old     (bbnight3)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-02-2016, 9:00 AM Reply   
I've been running the 2083 for a couple years now. I like it. Pulls a little bit stronger than a 911, though it's not a huge difference. You lose a few (more) mph on the top end for that low end grunt though. I don't care because I will run at 3-4k RPMs across the lake regardless of the actual speed I happen to be going. With the 2083 you get most of your speed at 4k. As you keep accelerating up to 6k, which I would never run at, you hear a lot more noise but don't get much more mph. If you happen to already have a 911 and it's not too bad, I wouldn't recommend dropping the cash unless getting a 'little better' low end pull is burning a hole in your brain. With the 2083 it's best if you don't run at WOT because the RPMs can get pretty high. Since we are at 6000' and pretty much only wakeboard (sometimes wakesurf) it works well for us. We sometimes go down to 4300' and when I first got the 2083 I would swap the prop back to the 911 at that lake, but after a couple times I stopped doing that. Overall I'd say it's too little pitch at 4300' but only because you can run the RPMs too high if you don't pay attention. It pulls and holds speed like a tractor though, and that's all I care about. My 911 got into an altercation with a rock so while it needed work I had the prop shop reduce the pitch a little and increase the cup a little. It now pulls very similarly to the 2083, so that's an option too.

Here's an anecdote for you though - after running 911s and 2083s for 3 years I'm a little tempted to send my v drive to Walter during the off season to switch out the gears from a 1:1 to a 1.5:1 so I can get a 4 blade prop with a higher pitch to get more pull and possibly better fuel consumption. However, I'm only considering this because I have a v-drive oil leak so maybe it's worth the upgrade while it needs other work anyway. I haven't done it yet so that tells you that the 2083 and the modified 911 is suiting my needs just fine. (I'm also not looking forward to the process of figuring out the correct new prop to use as I'm not aware of anyone with a V215 with a 1.5:1 vdrive...)
Old     (NoCO570)      Join Date: Mar 2016       06-02-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
Good info, thanks Michael. Where do you ride mostly? I'm in Colorado but we are usually around 5,000' in northern/eastern CO lakes. I've got an 06 V215 and just picked up the 911 rather than the 2083. After hearing your comments, I think its probably the best choice for our use.