Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-27-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
Hey all

So I've done as much research as I could. I'm just getting back in to wakeboarding after about a 6 year hiatus. I realize that there are so many factors that go in to choosing a board, but I just wanna hear your alls personal opinion.

I was initially interested in the CWB Standard and Reverb. But, then I started reading more and I didn't see a ton of people that seemed to be riding CWB (could just be me being oblivious), and it seems like a lot of people are on Slingshot nowadays. I realize you can't categorize people into one brand of wakeboards, but it does seem like Slingshot is a very popular choice.

That being said, what is yalls opinion on the SS Response and Choice? As well as any other recommended board. I've got a small bag of tricks. Couple 180s, 360, and an invert. I've really only ever ridden my 2007 Ronix Frontier. Just rode a 2014 Ronix One the other day, but that was for a very short time and couldn't really make any judgements on.

Bottom line, I'm looking for an all around board that is pretty good for beginner to even advanced riders. I like the SS Choice and Option package because other people will probably be riding my board so the open toe binding doesn't seem like a bad idea.

But, I am open to ALL suggestions. I will listen to anything you guys got for me. I am kind of stuck here. There are so many great companies and the technology is so much more than what I'm used to. Also, there really won't be any chance for me to demo anything, unfortunately, especially Slingshot.

Thanks for any help!
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-27-2015, 11:29 PM Reply   
Will you be riding boat or cable or a little of both?
Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-28-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Crap I knew I was forgetting something! I'll be riding all boat. I mean maybe I'll ride cable once a year... Maybe
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2015, 8:13 AM Reply   
The popularity by brand thing varies by area. It just depends on where you go. In the CA Delta area we've had great CWB dealers and support for years, and a great team of riders. Tony Carrol, Trever Maur, and Josh Twelker all started on CWB here. Twelker of course is still on the brand.

I've ridden a lot of boards. For me, it couldn't possibly get any better than the Reverb. A lot of pros like Daniel Powers and Josh Palma still ride it. Twelker rode it prior to the Standard. It's a smooth, fast board. Good edge but not to much. I dig it.

As an almost strictly boat rider, I personally can't ride flex boards. I don't like the feeling of losing energy through the flex. But every brand will probably have something for you.
Old     (djsauer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-28-2015, 6:27 PM Reply   
Awesome. Yeah that's exactly what I wanted to hear. I mean I kind of figure I can't really go wrong. CWB is obviously a big name. Just kind of looking in to all possibilities really.