Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-09-2020, 12:25 PM Reply   
Want a new board as I'm still rocking the bandwagon, seems like I might benefit from a lighter board. That said, I like the bandwagon and have learned the board and how it rides. I have a 2006 one board size 142. I don't like how it rides. Am I too used to the bandwagon? Would the one timebomb be a good switch?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-09-2020, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfox00 View Post
Want a new board as I'm still rocking the bandwagon, seems like I might benefit from a lighter board. That said, I like the bandwagon and have learned the board and how it rides. I have a 2006 one board size 142. I don't like how it rides. Am I too used to the bandwagon? Would the one timebomb be a good switch?
That would be my first pick. It is going to be a lot faster, but I think you will like it after the bandwagon. That board was impossible difficult to ride.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-10-2020, 3:31 AM Reply   
Also, I'm 6'3 189lbs. should i go 142 or 146?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-10-2020, 3:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfox00 View Post
Also, I'm 6'3 189lbs. should i go 142 or 146?
I'm 5-9 175lbs and ride the 142. You could ride either based on weight, but your stance is probably wider than mine based on your height. If your stance is 26" or wider, I'd lean toward the 146. My stance is 23.5" so going any bigger than 142 gives me a lot of nose and tail.

I've always told people to ride the biggest board they feel comfortable on.
Old     (SteeleAxis)      Join Date: Oct 2012       09-10-2020, 11:17 AM Reply   
I have ridden all the Ronix camber boards (Bandwagon, to Parks, to Space Blanket, then back to Parks until they stopped). I LOVED the camber boards. I really liked the playful and carvy feel of the boards, and the way you drove off both legs for the pop and also the soft landings. I would actually suggest you look at the Ronix RXT or Supreme. The RXT will be much lighter (insanely light) and faster/less drag, and the continuous rocker will have a great and consistent pop and very smooth landings. The Supreme reminds me of the fun, carvy feel of the camber boards. It has a hybrid rocker and core...the hybrid rocker gives just a bit of extra kick off the wake when on edge, but lands smooth. The hybrid core adds to the fun feel on the water, just a bit of flex so again bit of snap off the wake but soft landing.

For what it's worth, started the year on the RXT (I was heavier then and it came in a 148 size) but finished the year and competition season on the Supreme. Yell if you have any questions, happy to help!

Last edited by SteeleAxis; 09-10-2020 at 11:19 AM. Reason: changes