Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       10-08-2014, 5:40 AM Reply   
would this be a good boat for wakeboarding and surfing ahs anyone ridden behind one or own one?
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-08-2014, 6:27 AM Reply   
Yes, yes and yes. Very good bang for your buck on this one.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-08-2014, 4:00 PM Reply   
Great all around boat. Pretty low free board and a lowered nose, so just be careful if you weight the heck out of it. It has a great surf wave once you add gravity games bags to it. A great wake for wakeboarding and believe it or not you can still ski it. If you find one in great shape at a great price, it is an awesome boat... Still one of my favorite looking boats on the water.
Old     (turbojedi)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-08-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
I owned one and I loved it. Had almost 800 hours and had very little trouble with it. I had around 3500 in weight and the wake was great.( never surfed) Only thing I didn't not like was the perfect pass and wake plate where not linked together like on my 08 ssv so you had to keep a eye on that as it would move a bit at times..
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-08-2014, 8:45 PM Reply   
What about using the search function? Wakeworld search and google, plus hitting the skiers choice forums you will get a lot of hits. Not trying to be rude but with every thread starting with "what about xyz boat" you're going to get fewer replies...
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780025
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...21/265699.html
Old     (j_trip_33)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-11-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
I've had our 2003 SSV for over 10 years and 995 hours. I've loved having this boat and it has performed well (except my current transmission issue). As long as it has perfect pass, wake plate and ballast system with larger bags you will be happy. The fill time for the ballast isn't extremely fast, but once filled you will get a decent wake for most riders out there. It isn't a pro level wake by any means but I find it to be a very reliable wake and doesn't need much tweaking. I can land a handful of inverts behind the boat with full ballast.

It is lacking in storage, but I've made it work. You can't compare a 2002/2003 to the newer boats as they have come so far and of course have more than doubled in price.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-11-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
it was a pro level wake in 2002 ;-)