Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    9Drozd            01-30-2012, 6:38 PM Reply   
Has anyone heat molded the 2012 marek boots. Ive had plenty of experience heat molding ronix boots, so my question is, is it similar to heat molding the intuition liner in ronix's stuff. Thanx.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-30-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
I haven't heard of anyone molding the System boots yet, the liners are not the same as the Intuition Liners and I don't think they would "heat mold", but I could be wrong.
Old    9Drozd            01-30-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
I wasnt sure if anyones done it yet but on the package this is what it said, "Our exclusive Ultralon heat moldable liner material creates a custom fit and comfort throughout the boot." I bought these for a straight cable binding as i like my ones on my boat setup. I rode these boots for 1 day so far and they are nice but pinch my feet in a couple places so thats the reason I wanted to heat mold them to help with the break - in process.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       01-31-2012, 8:04 PM Reply   
In that case I would give it a shot!
Old     (M4rkJ)      Join Date: May 2011       02-01-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
Ya, you can definitely mold them, I did last year and this year, works like a charm
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-01-2012, 7:13 AM Reply   
With the system boots, simply stick a hair dryer in them on high for about 1.5 minutes, then put your feet in them and tighten them only the slightest bit to avoid "packing out" the liner material (this goes for just about all heat-moldable boots) Then let them cool to the shape of your foot for about 3 minutes or so, or until cool to the touch. Then you should be ready to shred with them!

Also, dont be afraid to give them a rip behind the boat as the insanely minimal heel/toe lift and incredible response make for one awesome ride! I never thought they would make a difference or be practical for the boat, but now they are all i want to ride!

Hope this helps. Shred on.
Old    9Drozd            02-01-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
I went ahead and did it with a heat gun. It worked good except that it didnt get the toe area as good as i would have liked to but none the less it definitely worked. They fit better and thats all that matters. As far as noticing a difference between my ronix ones and the mareks on the water I didnt feel there was much different, however (take this with a grain of salt) I have not ridden them behind the boat yet to back up this claim. But at the cable park, being both are pretty much the same height off the board, I havent felt the difference everyone has talked about when edging. Both are excellent bindings. Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate every bit of it.