Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-06-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
so i had to decomission my 2010 AA boots that were sent to me as warranties from a pair of 2008 Zeus bindings i had. i am out of the warranty and so i went ahead and bought the 2011 Marius boots. both run the same size but in these new Marius boots, i have a little bit of space in the front where the toes are. everything else is snug, especially the ankle and heel. i have yet to ride behind the boat, i've only ridden cable. i can tell these aren't as snug as my AA boots but if i can still ride with a little bit of room in the front, then im not worried about it.

just wanna know if anyone else has had this experience with boots that were the same size and if you had the problem of them sliding forward, what did you do to fix it?
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-07-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
so i tried them on again last night and i think since the bindings are so new and stiff, the laces don't cinch down as tight cause the material is still very stiff and has yet to be broken in. i compared the Marius boots to my AAs and they are the exact same size... i am just able to tighten the AAs more with the velcro strap that goes over the top of my foot which makes for the more snug fit.

i'm just trying to think.... is it smarter to have bindings that are a little small or bindings that are a little big? opinions please....

Last edited by adamsilcio; 06-07-2011 at 6:22 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (slickwater1)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-07-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
i had a pair of bindings that didn't fit well at first but after several sets they were perfect. I think you are on to something about being to stiff out of the box, seems that when you finally start to break down that material alittle bit it cinches up nicely.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-07-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickwater1 View Post
i had a pair of bindings that didn't fit well at first but after several sets they were perfect. I think you are on to something about being to stiff out of the box, seems that when you finally start to break down that material alittle bit it cinches up nicely.
so you had some bindings that were a little roomy at first? i can wiggle my toes inside the boot and they are closed toe. or were your too tight at first and then they loosened up?
Old     (slickwater1)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-07-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
mine were just alittle big, and after i wore them several sets i don't want to say they got smaller but they tightened up on my feet, Either that or I got used to how they felt, I never slip down in them. I had a pair of open toes that on big tanturms and other hard hits i would come out the front. I put an arch support in them and it really snugged up my foot against the top and never had any other issue with them. I think you will be fine and just find a way to make them comfortable.