Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-08-2011, 1:30 PM Reply   
Name:  cwb.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  60.9 KB
#2 "Lightest on market - 1.7 lbs
I'm thinking of what the imaginary "*" on the end of that statement would say
*1.7lbs based on ________model of boot in size____"

1.7 lbs?! that is pretty incredible, but i doubt that is a size 12-13 boot measured there

Also while i have some CWB fans/experts eyes, i would like to ask how the "#5 Geometrically designed urethane heel" works? I look at that ad and i see the Gen6 Plate in red and it looks like it covers the entire heel area so that there is a plate between the foot and that heel piece. or is there a baseless area there i am not seeing? or does the plate flex/rock-back in the heel on impact? how is this cushioning piece utilized?

i live about 5 hours + from being able to see any new gear. i just came back from vacation and was able to see almost everything i wanted to see from most brands, but the higher-end CWB boots. the stores i hit did not have them and the one store that likely did...was closed at 3pm!! the videos i have found, though informative, leave this bit of info out.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-08-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Yea, I saw that ad last year and laughed. I weighed my Marius in size M and they weighed 2.3 lbs, so it's probably just marketing BS. Maybe some boot in an XS with the hinge removed weighs 1.7 lbs, but not my Marius or Factions. Super light boots regardless though
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2011, 5:56 PM Reply   
Weight is overrated and will not make you ride better. Just buy what is comfortable.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
^^^^ What he said, but they are amazingly light. Every time I pick up a new set-up I can't believe how light it is compared to a couple years back. There is an extra shock absorbing piece that goes under the heal.

I would have to say that the binding they weighed is a small or X-small and probably a Faction or Answer. They're both super light.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-09-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayes View Post
Weight is overrated and will not make you ride better. Just buy what is comfortable.
I was just thinking what would be the lightest to ship... just kidding. but buying on line really is the route to go for me. but you cant really understand even comfort to a T looking at just pics and descriptions. i'd love to support my local shop(s) but they don't have much variety or newer gear. i pretty much got my set-up this year, but i like to keep my eyes open in case i actually might find something i like better and also to educate myself about other stuff out there so i can help others too.

so how do those heel cushion pieces work exactly? does the plate flex there in the heel or something?
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-10-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
The heel plate flexes with the shock pad therefore giving the rider ultimate comfort.
Attached Images

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-10-2011, 9:50 AM Reply   
So if the heel plate flexes does the heel lift off of the board?

I'm not a fan of telemark wakeboarding
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       05-10-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
The area between the air shock and the heel foot bed area is baseless, so the impact is transferred and absorbed directly to the air shock.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2011, 11:33 AM Reply   
I'm betting (cwb owners correct me if wrong) that the shock absorber is just built in to avoid a solid plastic chunk under the footbed. Any boot flexes and bends with the stresses of riding, so they put a urethane peice under the heel of the footbed to be mostly supportive, but also give a little on hard impacts. yeah?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Kool thanks for the pick and description. hope i can find a store that has some the next time i find myself out of town. its nice to stop trying to wrap my brain around it with limited info though.