Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-23-2015, 7:36 PM Reply   
Looking for some feedback on how a mid 2000's nautique 206 wakeboard wake would compare to a '94 ski nautique.
I understand there are much better wake boats out there, but I'm specifically interested in these 2.
I currently ride behind the '94 with about 1500lbs. I'm happy with the wakeboard wake and can do a bunch of intermediate tricks (9 or 10 diff inverts and a bunch of 3s & 5s.)
I have a chance to upgrade to a 206 and would love the improved slalom wake, but not if it would be at the expense of my wakeboard wake... Anyone familiar with these two boats for wake?
Thanks
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2015, 9:43 PM Reply   
What leads you to believe a 206 is going to have an improved slalom wake over your '94?

Based on my experiences, the 206 will be better for boarding, and have a slightly bigger bump for slalom. The 206 was a compromise boat; added length and open bow direct drive that is still a decent slalom tug and can be a decent boarding boat.
Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-23-2015, 10:17 PM Reply   
@MattieK27,
My impression was that the 206 was a stretched ski 196 hull (tsc2?). I've heard from 28 off on up it is quite comparable to the 196. My 94 has a trough to ski through at 35off and shorter that is a hassle.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradb View Post
@MattieK27,
My impression was that the 206 was a stretched ski 196 hull (tsc2?). I've heard from 28 off on up it is quite comparable to the 196. My 94 has a trough to ski through at 35off and shorter that is a hassle.
I would ski a 206 before you make your decision. Also planetnatique is a good resource for info.

Based on me experience, your ski wake might be a bit worse with the 206, but wakeboarding will be a bit better.

I have never heard the 206 was a stretched 196, but that could be as they debuted around the same time. Again, I recommend skiing one before you buy...