Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2018, 1:49 PM Reply   
The raw riders comments will be online by tomorrow, but the review based on them is up!

Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-19-2018, 3:06 PM Reply   
Great review. It's refreshing to hear (especially from someone who has as much experience as you) that all of those boats surfed excellent. I am lucky enough to consistently ride behind many different new models of boats, and the one thing I have noticed, is that it isn't about which ones surf great anymore. They all do. Some still require a little more "dialing in", and actually knowing what you are doing, but even that is getting easier.

One boat surfing better than another has become a subjective thing..... it's all about rider preference now. One persons example of a bad wave, is probably the next persons favorite wave.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2018, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yes, and since the boats offer more and more adjustability you can get such a wide range with the same boat. Great time to be a wake surfer.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       03-19-2018, 7:34 PM Reply   
Really loved those wake9 reviews. I’ve seen this video at lunch today and totally in the same state of mind.
These days every surf boats surf well, just a personal preference thing.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-19-2018, 7:41 PM Reply   
Great review.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2018, 9:52 PM Reply   
Thanks much. The anonymized rider's comments are now available to read in their entirety:

http://wake9.com/2018/03/19/2017-polar-bear-review/
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2018, 8:26 AM Reply   
Great reviews. I can't believe the Moomba is half the price of all the other boats. don't like the idea of having to add additional weight, but it's great to see a "budget" boat amongst the others...
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2018, 9:18 AM Reply   
great reviews and you are pretty spot on with all boats surfing well.

Just curious., how do you decide which boats you bring for testing? Noticed you didn't have a Malibu, MC or Tige.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2018, 9:28 AM Reply   
First, thank you.

We have found that 6 boats is the sweet spot. Too many and it doesn't work well. We have invited Malibu and MC many times and MC has participated, but had some issues this year being able to do that. Malibu just doesn't like to play in our area, the dealer up here just doesn't want to be involved. I do get the feeling they would rather not have the scrutiny. I personally invited Tige and they didn't respond.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-22-2018, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
First, thank you.

We have found that 6 boats is the sweet spot. Too many and it doesn't work well. We have invited Malibu and MC many times and MC has participated, but had some issues this year being able to do that. Malibu just doesn't like to play in our area, the dealer up here just doesn't want to be involved. I do get the feeling they would rather not have the scrutiny. I personally invited Tige and they didn't respond.
All you can do is ask, I would think they would want their product featured against others to shed light on their boats. But what do I know.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2018, 10:06 PM Reply   
Yes. We have been doing this since 2009, and it takes some balls to bring a boat and let people have at it in this type of setting. My hat is always off to he manufacturers that are continually willing to do that, and I do my best to provide a level playing field and let the video do most of the talking. ;-)
Old     (Mgigs7)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-23-2018, 6:51 AM Reply   
Ragboy- Are you in the Surpa SL now?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-23-2018, 8:27 AM Reply   
The plan is to get the boat in May (should be the same SL we demoed), we are sans boat until then.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2018, 11:06 AM Reply   
i just looked and the fi21 is 5100lbs, and the fi23 is 5150lbs. How can that be?
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       03-23-2018, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
i just looked and the fi21 is 5100lbs, and the fi23 is 5150lbs. How can that be?
I think Centurion has the weight messed up on their site. The Fi23 is 5,300lbs. It shows it in the brochure as 5,300 lbs as well
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-23-2018, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slax303 View Post
I think Centurion has the weight messed up on their site. The Fi23 is 5,300lbs. It shows it in the brochure as 5,300 lbs as well
Thanks.