Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-03-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
Hey guys I'm looking at upgrading to a new board from my 2013 Ronix One. I'm looking for something similar but maybe with a little less abrupt pop. Have been looking at a few different boards but doesn't seem to be much feedback on the Kruz.

The other boards I am looking at are
Ronix Code 21 - may be more abrupt than what I have
Slingshot Pill - rode one the other day for one set in pretty terrible conditions and really liked it
Liquid Force Harley - I haven't seen anyone give this board a bad wrap

Cheers
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-03-2016, 2:45 PM Reply   
Any input on how these ride compared to my current board? Cheers
Old     (conrmic)      Join Date: Jan 2015       01-04-2016, 8:51 AM Reply   
Rode the Kruz Nova this past summer and loved it. Rode the 2013 Harley the couple years before that and the kruz is much lighter and nice pop. Definitely buying the 2016 Kruz this year
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
I have rode it several times. I found it to have a nice pop and pretty fast. I am a big guy, so it is nice that it sits up in the water. I have not rode the Harley so I can not compare.
Old     (lucas200397)      Join Date: Aug 2013       01-04-2016, 1:32 PM Reply   
hey let me know if your interested I have one that's been ridden once, and I will make you a killer deal on it. its a 144 bio core
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-04-2016, 5:11 PM Reply   
I have a 2016 Kruz nova blemish 139 for sale. PM me if you are interested. $400 shipped. I ride the 2015 145 Kruz nova and love it. I switched from the Harley and love both boards but the Kruz lands twice as soft.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-04-2016, 10:34 PM Reply   
I don't know how I would go with postage, i am in Australia. Also don't know what size i would go for either. I am 5'11 and around 180-185 pounds. Going by the size chart the would be suitable and has more surface area than my One, its a 142, but don't know whether the 144 would be better.

How does it compare to the Harley in terms of pop? Is it still a wake to wake board or more to the flats?
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       01-15-2016, 3:17 PM Reply   
What size are you guys that are riding the 139 and 144. At 180 and 5"11 I think I am right on the edge of being too big for the 139 but 144 sounds pretty big.

The surface area of the 139 Kruz is larger than the surface area of my One which is a 142. I would think that with how light boards are getting now that going bigger wouldn't really matter
Old    BamaMojo            01-15-2016, 11:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I have a 2016 Kruz nova blemish 139 for sale. PM me if you are interested. $400 shipped. I ride the 2015 145 Kruz nova and love it. I switched from the Harley and love both boards but the Kruz lands twice as soft.

How much do you weigh??? 225 ish???
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-16-2016, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
How much do you weigh??? 225 ish???

Yessir
Old    BamaMojo            01-16-2016, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Yessir

I may try the Kruz, I am approx Same size and am looking for boards that are responsive and easy to ride. Been Riding CWB Jive and the board seems lethargic , been thinking it didn't like my weight. Had a guy recommend a BOB. Any others I should look at ??
Thanks in advance ...
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       01-16-2016, 5:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMojo View Post
I may try the Kruz, I am approx Same size and am looking for boards that are responsive and easy to ride. Been Riding CWB Jive and the board seems lethargic , been thinking it didn't like my weight. Had a guy recommend a BOB. Any others I should look at ??
Thanks in advance ...

The newer Ronix One is going to be a great board also. I love HL boards though.