Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (srich5)      Join Date: Apr 2016       03-26-2020, 7:17 AM Reply   
I normally go out with at least 6 adults and 3 little kids. Is this going to be really cramped?
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
That is a lot for any boat. Just depends if you are good at getting people to sit in the bow...
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-26-2020, 5:15 PM Reply   
yes. thats a small as$ boat to begin with and especially so with kids who like to move around more than adults. IMO 23' is the standard comfortable size to meet most peoples needs. That said the difference in space between a 23' boat and a 24' is quite a bit and you can see more and more models shifting to those larger sizes. I have 22.5 and wouldn't consider anthing less than 24' next boat. compare a malibu 23' to a 247 or 25' or even an axis t23 (which is 23.5')and the difference that extra space makes is staggering. much more comfortable day on the water when everyone isn't sitting on each other.

Last edited by bass10after; 03-26-2020 at 5:19 PM.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2020, 6:41 AM Reply   
Anything for the most part is doable it's just whether you really want too? I have a Tige 2ve (22') and I typically try not to have more than 5 people on board if we are going to be riding. There are days we do two families (4 adults -5 kids) and if definitely gets busy on board. Bigger is always better if you can afford it, park it, etc. If I ever upgrade I'd like to get in to a 23'-24'.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-31-2020, 9:34 PM Reply   
Everyone on WW thinks you need a 23 foot boat, but in reality a 210 will be tight with heaps of gear but quite managable and pretty fun. By the time you throw one person in the water, its 5 which isnt too bad, and if one is on the sun deck, four in the interior is ok.

Hey if you can afford a 23 foot boat, can fuel it, store it, tow it, etc go for gold, but my 21 foot boat works just fine.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-01-2020, 1:03 AM Reply   
I had old BU's, back when a 21 was a large boat. lol and we always had lots of adults, no issues, not we have a fs44 (insane amount of space) and once you get use to having a lot of space, you realize its really not necessary. I will say, if you plan really long days on the lake, the extra space comes in handy. Also, back then, we did not pack heavy. lunch and beer. When you drag the kids, they tend to find stuff to bring, more food, more drinks, more things. like a tube! lol So if you can splurge on a larger boat, do it.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-01-2020, 1:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwake View Post
Everyone on WW thinks you need a 23 foot boat, but in reality a 210 will be tight with heaps of gear but quite managable and pretty fun. By the time you throw one person in the water, its 5 which isnt too bad, and if one is on the sun deck, four in the interior is ok.

Hey if you can afford a 23 foot boat, can fuel it, store it, tow it, etc go for gold, but my 21 foot boat works just fine.

Agreed.....

Although I'm in a 23 footer now (because I found a great deal) my family had been completely happy with the 21-21.5 ft boats we've had in the past. I was always in the mindset that I'd rather be cramped a few times a season when we had a large group than running a larger boat all season with the normal crew. Layout has a lot to do with it as well. I've had as many people in my previous Calabria Pro-V (21ft) than in my Mobius XLV (23ft) and didn't feel cramped.

As long as everyone coming out on the 210 doesn't think they can bring a huge bag and cooler your good IMO. Don't know about the 210 but I assume the ballast is sub floor? That makes a huge difference when it comes to getting everything put away.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-01-2020, 3:44 AM Reply   
Remember when all wake boats were direct drives. We all had 6 to 8 adults on old DD's and never really complained. When I got my first Vdrive, it was like this most amazing thing. Next we will see 30ft Vdrives? The san 210 is an awesome boat, was a dream boat for some many and still is. Get it, then if you ever need to sell it, it will sell quickly
Old     (strife)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-23-2020, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Remember when all wake boats were direct drives. We all had 6 to 8 adults on old DD's and never really complained. When I got my first Vdrive, it was like this most amazing thing. Next we will see 30ft Vdrives? The san 210 is an awesome boat, was a dream boat for some many and still is. Get it, then if you ever need to sell it, it will sell quickly
I've owned direct drive ski boats for the past 14 years and just purchased my first vDrive a 2018 SAN 210. This thing is like an RV! Happy to say I kept my closed bow ski nautique too. At any rate, your post resonated with me.
Old     (Gatsby)      Join Date: Jul 2015       10-24-2020, 5:48 AM Reply   
21.6 ft sanger is plenty of room for 9 adults ..Ive had up to 12 people out ..when you are just hanging out, 4 or 5 will be on the swim platform and the sunpad...
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-26-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
space is relative in boats. If you're used to a 23 foot boat, you will think it is cramped. If you're used to boats of that size and smaller than it will be palatial.

I had a 2000 SAN 210 and we regularly had 6 adults and multiple kids and it never felt cramped. The 2018 SAN 210 has so much more room than the 2000.

I have a 230 and wish I had a 210.

Enjoy!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-27-2020, 3:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
space is relative in boats. If you're used to a 23 foot boat, you will think it is cramped. If you're used to boats of that size and smaller than it will be palatial.

I had a 2000 SAN 210 and we regularly had 6 adults and multiple kids and it never felt cramped. The 2018 SAN 210 has so much more room than the 2000.

I have a 230 and wish I had a 210.

Enjoy!
Not often you hear "I wish I had bought the smaller boat"

I have a 23'. Honestly more than 4 people and their crap/gear starts feeling tight to me. I'm all about hanging with friends, just prefer a little space.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-27-2020, 4:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Not often you hear "I wish I had bought the smaller boat"

I have a 23'. Honestly more than 4 people and their crap/gear starts feeling tight to me. I'm all about hanging with friends, just prefer a little space.
Different boats for different folks.