Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
After spending a year on combo waterskis, I finally convinced my just turned 7 twins to give wakeboarding a try. (They snow ski like banshees, so I started with waterskis.) To my amazement, they both popped up and rode down the lake like bosses. It's great to be 50 pounds I guess! It's gonna be interesting to see whether they prefer skiing or boarding by the end of the summer. Obviously I'd prefer them to focus on boarding, but I'm doing my best to let them decide for themselves ....Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1467992285279.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  84.6 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1467992422535.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  60.1 KB
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-08-2016, 10:39 AM Reply   
Awesome!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-12-2016, 10:30 AM Reply   
I meant to right congrats when you first posted this and forgot. I can't wait until my 10 month old can start doing this kind of stuff.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2016, 12:37 PM Reply   
thats the good stuff. great day on the water
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       07-12-2016, 1:47 PM Reply   
That's awesome! Look at that smile.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-12-2016, 8:14 PM Reply   
Awesome... My 7yr old daughter is getting the fever this summer.. She 1st tried behind the boat at 4yrs old and only went a few feet.... At 5 she liked the kneeboard and did not want to wakeboard... At 6 she rode the wakeboard a little.... Now this summer... She is kneeboarding and wakeboarding both and she is getting better on the wakeboard each weekend, but she isn't strong enough to flip it back over if she falls face 1st....But, I am really proud of her progression this summer.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-13-2016, 6:08 AM Reply   
awesome - my twins were both up around 7 (boy a little earlier) and are cranking it these days.

www.facebook.com/SnappersWakeCrew

check it out if you want

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-13-2016, 11:05 PM Reply   
Both my 7 YO twins got up behind the boat this year too! Last year they got up on the U ski, my bigger boy got up last year but they both boarded on the 4th of July. They boarded in the pool last year behind daddy running across the lawn!

Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-14-2016, 5:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboozer View Post
Awesome... My 7yr old daughter is getting the fever this summer.. She 1st tried behind the boat at 4yrs old and only went a few feet.... At 5 she liked the kneeboard and did not want to wakeboard... At 6 she rode the wakeboard a little.... Now this summer... She is kneeboarding and wakeboarding both and she is getting better on the wakeboard each weekend, but she isn't strong enough to flip it back over if she falls face 1st....But, I am really proud of her progression this summer.
Tip

You might already know this but, teach her to throw a arm and shoulder over and normally the hips will follow to get the board around. My 4 year old does it this way and it works until she is tired and my 6 year old has no problem getting it over.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2016, 9:02 AM Reply   
Thanks guys! This is what I'm competing against ....Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1468512111434.jpg
Views: 633
Size:  45.6 KB
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-26-2016, 7:15 PM Reply   
it has been a great year for the kids. & yr old is a tripple threat. Wake boarding, surfing and single skiing. my 5 yr old is a beast on the wakeboard. I need to learn how to post videos. It is so cool to see all these kids behind the boat and not on tubes.