Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 7:26 AM Reply   
This is my first post on here, hate to come on here and complain, but looking for ideas on what to do.

So I've got a 2013 wakesetter LSV that was bought brand new. This thing has been nothing but a headache over the last three years. It's been down for at least a month and a half every year. Being from WI, I only get about 4 months of riding a year.

So here is what has been wrong with it. The first year we had it, I guess the wrong software was put in it. Boat wouldn't even run. Next the wedge rams both went bad, just said wedge fault all the time and couldn't adjust the wedge. After that the starter went out on it in the middle of the lake and had to paddle back to shore about 3/4 of a mile.

The second year, there was something that went wrong with the wiring and once again the boat was dead in the water. Wedge fault code was still there. Couldn't use the wedge.

Now this year, wedge still isn't working. Boat started idling really rough and couldn't go over 4 mph. Took it to a new dealer (dealer we bought it from has done nothing but f**k me around. The ECM was fried, all O2 sensors were bad, NOx sensors were bad, all spark plugs were bad. Cracked manifold and the catalytic converter was shot.

So the boat has been at the dealer for the past three weeks, waiting on parts. Got a call today that Malibu sent the wrong part. Now have to wait until late next week for the new part, and then they will install everything and hope that in two weeks I'll be back on the water. So disappointed with Malibu's customer service! Called them directly a couple times because dealers wouldn't do anything for me, and they didn't do anything for me either. No apology or anything. You'd think if you spend 130k on a boat that they would at least make you feel like your worth a damn.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Just need to get this off my chest. When the boat does actually work correctly we have a blast with it. But unfortunately it's been down and not running more than it has been running correctly. Sucks to have one of the nicest boats on the water and have it breaking down all the time.

And here is the thing that's giving me so many headaches
Name:  boat.jpg
Views: 6031
Size:  78.0 KB
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2015, 7:31 AM Reply   
That sucks.... mostly all of it.

Quote:
The ECM was fried, all O2 sensors were bad, NOx sensors were bad, all spark plugs were bad. Cracked manifold and the catalytic converter was shot.
How does all of that happen in 2 years?! Yikes, hopefully they make it right for you.

....side note, where in Wisconsin are you from? I live in a little town called Rome; just South of Wisconsin Rapids

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 08-19-2015 at 7:34 AM.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 7:44 AM Reply   
I love this boat, but hate it lol

I'm from Plainfield, only like 15 miles from you lol bought the boat from Badger Marine in Nekoosa. Don't buy from there. I usually go out to Camelot, but been going to Long Lake in Saxeville
Old     (07STI)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-19-2015, 7:48 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your experience. Terrible that Malibu hasn't stepped up.

Sidenote - We hit up Long Lake in Saxeville quite a bit. Unfortunately, it sounds like you don't get out much with all the issues the LSV is giving you. Hopefully we see you out there soon.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
What do you have for a boat? I'll keep an eye out for you . Nobody likes us out on Long Lake (hope you're not one of them) We've had the cops called on us 6 times out there so far. Mostly for having music too loud (on Saturday afternoon) and going to fast with too big of a wake while wakeboarding
Old     (07STI)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-19-2015, 8:07 AM Reply   
That's funny! I don't recall seeing you out there. I had a Chaparral earlier this season, but picked up a black/blue Moomba Craz about a month ago. We usually go out on Sundays since it's less busy. Almost impossible to wakeboard out there with all the tubes on Saturdays (we've found). I don't recall seeing you out there.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 8:09 AM Reply   
Good deal. Usually go out Friday nights and both days on weekends (when I have a boat lol) people are starting to lie to the cops now to try and get us kicked off the lake lol makes me wanna go out there more
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-19-2015, 8:32 AM Reply   
Why is this not under warranty? I've not purchased a new boat since 2009 but I can't believe a 2 year old boat with motor problems is not under warranty. I thought Malibu had a 3 year warranty and I believe Malibu uses Indmar motors which have either a 3 or 5 year warranty. This means you should be covered. I can't understand why a failed power wedge is also not covered under warranty. If it is GM based motor, it has a 3 year warranty. If it is a Ford raptor motor, it has a 5 year warranty: http://www.indmar.com/mobile/service/warranty.aspx

Maybe I read it wrong but when you say Malibu and the dealer will not do anything for you, I assume you would like Malibu to cover the repair. Again, it appears all of this should be covered under warranty.

Last edited by tre; 08-19-2015 at 8:41 AM.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Most of it has been under warranty. Just found this out. The dealer that was doing the work, wasn't replacing anything but just trying to cover up all the problems pretty much, all the while billing us. He was always saying that all the problems weren't defective parts. That's another reason I'm not happy, but the biggest issue I have is all the downtime. Bought a $130k boat to ride, not to have sit in a shop all the damn time
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-19-2015, 8:45 AM Reply   
The downtime has got to be frustrating. It sounds to me like you have a dealer problem. They should not be billing you for warranty problems - especially since it appears they are not fixing them. I'm betting you would have a lot less downtime if you had a better dealer. When I hear stories like this, I'm certain you are not the only one having issues with this dealer. Is the new dealer better? If not, I'd call Malibu again and ask them for a reliable dealer. Just across the border in Volo is Munson Marine. I have no idea if they are any good but they have been a Malibu dealer forever.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
You spent 130k on a 2013 LSV?? In my exp malibu steps up huge on these issues. I had a 2014 LSV that had tons of issues all summer long then the engine blew in lake powell. Malibu stepped up huge and helped us set things right. This summer has been great
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
It's at a new dealer now and will be going to them from here on out. Sucks they are 2 hours from me rather than 15min. Munson is about 3 hours from me.

And ya 130k was the total with all the options we added along with trailer and all that good stuff. Malibu has done pretty much nothing for me, but tell me go find another dealer. Next go round, sad to say, but I think I'm going to have to migrate to a new brand. There is a Supra dealer about 35min from me and has been asking for my business for a couple years now.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-19-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
Did Texas auto move up to Wisconsin or is it possible that every brand has some shady dealers?
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-19-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your problems. Our summer is to short to have the boat down for even a week.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2015, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsagami596 View Post
It's at a new dealer now and will be going to them from here on out. Sucks they are 2 hours from me rather than 15min. Munson is about 3 hours from me.

And ya 130k was the total with all the options we added along with trailer and all that good stuff. Malibu has done pretty much nothing for me, but tell me go find another dealer. Next go round, sad to say, but I think I'm going to have to migrate to a new brand. There is a Supra dealer about 35min from me and has been asking for my business for a couple years now.
130k Canadian or American? My LSV was pretty loaded and that's about 35k more than I spent
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-19-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm from Plainfield, only like 15 miles from you lol bought the boat from Badger Marine in Nekoosa. Don't buy from there. I usually go out to Camelot,
Badger (Dale there) are terrible ... like seriously terrible. We jsut bought an 04 LSV and the prior owner took it to Badger for a "summerization", so in that was oil change and filter they charged her like $250 for.... I checked the oil the day after I took ownership, there was NO WAY they change the oil or the filter. Old owner and I called them and called them on their B.S. .... they said, "well it still looked go so we just added some..." and then charged her $250. The refunded that to her and the other service work she had done that day. Seriously though, they are clueless on inboards.... Heckels in Wausau was great but they shut down.

I have a house on Lake Sherwood....so thats the only lake I'm ever on. If you're ever over that way let me know!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-19-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
I don't see how you could possibly spend 130k on a 2013 without getting the LSA which you obviously don't have if you have cats. At least tell us you have the LS3?
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 9:16 AM Reply   
Ya we have the LS3 motor, just to be clear we didn't buy it used. We special ordered it in the fall of 2012. Boat prices are kind of ridiculous around me, from what I can tell at least
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjh1669 View Post
130k Canadian or American? My LSV was pretty loaded and that's about 35k more than I spent
130k American. We looked into other prices and we could have gotten left over models for 15k less. So we decided to build it. Seems we paid too much now keeps getting better and better
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-19-2015, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ya we have the LS3 motor, just to be clear we didn't buy it used. We special ordered it in the fall of 2012. Boat prices are kind of ridiculous around me, from what I can tell at least
Like bend over and take it ridiculous. We looked at a 2013 the year before we bought our 14 and we could have gotten it for high 80s with an LS3. Our 14 also had a pretty extensive WS system added to it.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-19-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
I hate hearing these type of horror stories for people who buy brand new boats. Sounds exactly like my story many years ago when i purchased a brand new boat with an Indmar. Until I got a lawyer involved & a local news station, did I get things resolved. Because of that, I will never own that boat brand & engine brand ever again.
Good luck to you & keep us posted on your resolution.
Old     (Tallredrider)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-19-2015, 9:28 AM Reply   
The fact that your dealer doesn't want to help you and the fact that everyone that sees you on the lake also just wants you to go away makes me wonder if there is another side to the story.

That doesn't mean you haven't had some bad luck with your boat, but if so many people I run across didn't like me, at some point I would have to wonder if it was me.

I am sure you are mad as a hornet, and you deserve to be, but I suspect that there is a reason your conversations have not gotten you the help you should be getting.
Old     (cb396)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
That's a bad ass looking boat man!! Sorry to hear of your troubles tho!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-19-2015, 10:34 AM Reply   
sorry to hear of your troubles. Your story makes me appreciate our local dealer. They win service awards every year. bring it down to Texas and get it done right
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallredrider View Post
The fact that your dealer doesn't want to help you and the fact that everyone that sees you on the lake also just wants you to go away makes me wonder if there is another side to the story.

That doesn't mean you haven't had some bad luck with your boat, but if so many people I run across didn't like me, at some point I would have to wonder if it was me.

I am sure you are mad as a hornet, and you deserve to be, but I suspect that there is a reason your conversations have not gotten you the help you should be getting.
The reason everyone on that particular lake doesn't like me is because it's mostly people that like to cruise on pontoons and the fact that I'm not from that area. It's been the case at this lake for many years. They just plain don't like people from other lakes coming to "their" lake. If you think that me going to fast at wakeboarding speeds and throwing to big of a wake is a problem, then everyone is going to have a problem with me. I'm probably one of the most respectful people there is. I don't go looking for trouble. I don't act any different on any other lake and get along with everybody there. As far as the dealer. Look at a couple posts up and see what they had to say about the particular dealer I was dealing with.
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       08-19-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
I had an issue with my '15 23LSV (it came slightly different to what I ordered) and both Malibu and my dealer couldn't have been more helpful.

I even had the head of Malibu's customer services call me to check all was fixed, My experience is pretty good I'd say (and after 50 hours, nothing has gone wrong since).
Old     (Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2015, 11:20 AM Reply   
Get you a Supra.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride View Post
Get you a Supra.
That'll be my next boat most likely. Going to try and get my money out of the Malibu tho lol
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       08-19-2015, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
The reason everyone on that particular lake doesn't like me is because it's mostly people that like to cruise on pontoons and the fact that I'm not from that area.
Or is it because as you cruise on past said pontoon boat your stereo is blasting so loud the pontoon boat's passengers have to stop their conversations until you are at least 200 yards away. You may not be looking for trouble, but the obnoxious stereo combined with the huge wake you're throwing off will piss off most folks out for a nice cruise.

Maybe the other lake you run on is more accommodating to wake boarders and surfers. Maybe just tone down your act on the lake that hates you.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-19-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
Terrible situation, not something you should have to go through buying a new boat. Yes there are always issues with new boats, but this sounds like more than usual. This is also why when people ask what brand to buy, my first response is you should factor local dealers into that decision.

I find it a bit humorous no one has called out Malibu. Epic didn't want to help a customer asap, and they got destroyed in a thread. Malibu is zero help for a customer that had a dealership hose them, and not a word. Very interesting...
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-19-2015, 12:04 PM Reply   
Don't tone down your act. Miserable people find reasons to stay miserable. Have fun, blast your music. If they want peace and quiet they should stay home and read a book. Sorry about the boat.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the support guys. Hoping these issues will be all I have for the rest of the year and I can get back to riding. I'm the only person with a boat so this is all I have to ride.
Old     (smylie)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-19-2015, 12:32 PM Reply   
I just want to know how you can afford 130k boat at 24 years old. I'm 28 and an accountant and cant even fathom that.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 12:51 PM Reply   
Wouldn't be able to on my salary but my grandfather left me a good chunk when he passed away
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-19-2015, 1:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
I find it a bit humorous no one has called out Malibu. Epic didn't want to help a customer asap, and they got destroyed in a thread. Malibu is zero help for a customer that had a dealership hose them, and not a word. Very interesting...
My thoughts exactly... I guess it is because Malibu can do no wrong, even when they do pretty much the same thing that Epic got bashed for...
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-19-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Tried calling Malibu and talked with several people. Nothing was done.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-19-2015, 2:24 PM Reply   
Is Malibu looking the other way with a bad dealer because they are pushing such a huge profit margin in this part of Wisconsin? Greed will kill your brand.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-19-2015, 2:57 PM Reply   
wow that sucks, fyi the wedge is a defect in the ram and will never work. they also freeze in the winter and blow out the electric internals. i had a motor failure on my brand new bu in 05 and they replaced the entire motor in 2 weeks no questions asked. i had great customer service from them. i don't have BU's anymore but deal with the same dealer and know that my neighbors rams have gone out 2 times this year and called my guys from back home and they agree that its a major problem,. hope you get a resolution
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-19-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
Ouch ouch ouch! Wow sorry to hear your having such a headache with the new boat! For as much money as those
clowns made off u I would think they would be coming to your house to fix that darn thing! Seriously they hosed you on the price. This is exactly why there shouldn't be dealer protected areas. This guy paid a freaking premium for this boat and this dealer isn't doing squat! And to those spouting off about epic, this isn't exactly the case. This boat did run when delivered. This dealer did appear to try and fix but is apparently incompetent.
And I tell u what if someone suddenly leaves me a large chunk of money I'm still haggling like a mad man over a new G! Haha
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-19-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
I called Malibu with an issue I had on my 2014 LSV. Malibu customer service was very helpful. Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Might want to try the old saying "you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar". I don't know how your conversation started with Malibu or the dealer but you may want to consider trying to call back and be polite.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2015, 6:40 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope the boat is back on the water soon. Our products are sold in many Malibu dealerships so I interact with store owners and their staff regularly. I've heard very good things regarding Malibu warranty policies vs other brands. In fact during the recession many dealers went so far as to seek out warranty work when business was slow since Malibu pays out claims so quickly. I would try to get in touch with the area rep and get them involved.

Zack@boatbling.net
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-19-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
In fact during the recession many dealers went so far as to seek out warranty work when business was slow since Malibu pays out claims so quickly
You know this is called fraud? And can lead to losing the franchise as well as monetary penalties.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2015, 8:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
You know this is called fraud? And can lead to losing the franchise as well as monetary penalties.

Perhaps I should have clarified. "Seek out warranty work" as proactive inspection of boats in for service to ensure customer satisfaction during and beyond the warranty period. This benefits the customer and helps maintain brand loyalty.

zack@boatbling.net
Old     (TX_Chris)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-20-2015, 10:29 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=Nordicron;1919972 And to those spouting off about epic, this isn't exactly the case. This boat did run when delivered. This dealer did appear to try and fix but is apparently incompetent.[/QUOTE]

Well, in the original post, it does say:

Quote:
The first year we had it, I guess the wrong software was put in it. Boat wouldn't even run.Attachment 39640
I would say the major difference is that Tomio bought local, and was able to take the boat back to the dealer for service. Unfortunately for him, this dealer couldn't keep him on the water. And hearing the story about the oil change, I wonder if this dealer wouldn't be just as bad as TAL if Tomio was 2K miles away.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-20-2015, 11:34 AM Reply   
They sound just as bad as TAL and they're right down the block from him.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2015, 12:00 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine had multiple problems with a Centurion a few years ago (I know, not same brand) but he had to threaten them with legal action (the dealer) and hire a attorney. Once they found out he was taking this route, the dealer took back his boat and gave him a brand new year and model of the same type. maybe you need to pursue that road. That is way too much stuff going wrong with that boat. I personally would not want it anymore......
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-21-2015, 6:46 AM Reply   
I've thought about going a different route with getting a new boat, but this one has some sentimental value to me, as it was purchased with money my grandfather left. Kind of a remembrance of him. I will have to say the new dealer seems to be taking care of me now. Despite the fact of waiting on parts and getting the wrong parts, but that's not their fault.

Hearing the stories about the first dealer that we bought the boat from makes me regret ever buying the thing from him. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Hoping to be back on the water next weekend!
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-21-2015, 7:27 AM Reply   
Definitely sounds like a really bad dealer.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-21-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
Alright we had a call this morning from Ron from Malibu boats. He was very helpful with everything and is going to get all the issues resolved. Says I will be back on the water next weekend. It was actually my dad that took the call, but they talked about everything that happened with the boat and all the other circumstances that have occurred. The dealer that we bought the boat from will be contacted and set straight. Sounds like everything is being taken care of now and hopefully problem free moving forward
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-21-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
He didn't defend the dealer and say he had been trying to reach you?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-21-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
makes you wonder if Malibu reps are cruising the forums and contacting people doesn't it with this all powerful world wide web its too easy to get too much negative press and ifjust one person heard this story and bought something else then its a big loss these boats are stupid expensive .. Glad to hear your issues are getting resolved
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-21-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
makes you wonder if Malibu reps are cruising the forums and contacting people doesn't it with this all powerful world wide web its too easy to get too much negative press and ifjust one person heard this story and bought something else then its a big loss these boats are stupid expensive .. Glad to hear your issues are getting resolved

They are certainly stupid expensive when u buy from the dealer the OP did!!!!
But yeah I'm sure Bu guys cruse these forums. They prob have Tapatalk and can't get on themalibucrew anymore! Haha!

posts like this aren't good for anyone including Mr overpriced(Badger Marine) under deliver dealer. Hope Badger Marine loses some future sales too! It is nice to hear BU is stepping up right from the factory. I know there are several guys on these forums that have left Bu due to what they perceived as poor manufacture support with prior boats.
Old     (355spider)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-22-2015, 8:39 PM Reply   
Wow I'm test driving a 23 Lsv tomorrow. After reading this I'm probably not buying it.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-23-2015, 3:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 355spider View Post
Wow I'm test driving a 23 Lsv tomorrow. After reading this I'm probably not buying it.

Unless it's from the same dealer as OP I wouldn't sweat it. Rare occurrence
Old     (lashburn1)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-23-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
Stuff happens...sometimes all at once like this..
I have a New MC X30...but I know Malibu to be a reliable Brand, Good dealer network is Key, and they have that.
The company is also big enough to handle your Problems without skipping a beat.
Hopefully you'll be back out on the Water Soon as promise....
I don't think you will have an EPIC Nightmare..
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-24-2015, 12:14 PM Reply   
Things seem to be going good so far with the boat. We're back on track with parts. Should be here tomorrow. The way it was sounding is that the dealer I bought it from is going to have a heart to heart with Malibu to see if they still want to sell their boats. It's been stupid cold here the last few days so I might be breaking out the wet suit to get to riding again lol Only 60 degrees right now and windy.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-24-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's been stupid cold here the last few days so I might be breaking out the wet suit to get to riding again lol Only 60 degrees right now and windy.

Seriously, wtf is going on!!!! The lake temp's dropped like 12* over last week, probably another 5*+ because of this week. This state is the worst.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-24-2015, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Seriously, wtf is going on!!!! The lake temp's dropped like 12* over last week, probably another 5*+ because of this week. This state is the worst.

Not to mention it's been windy as all get out!!!! Sucks!
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-24-2015, 4:58 PM Reply   
Ya it's going to be real nice. Get the boat back and have to put it away for winter lol
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-25-2015, 6:17 AM Reply   
Cool water is the best. Lake opens back up. Late July and August are the worst, to much traffic.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-25-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
^that is true, but the lakes I go to are mainly old people that just ride around on pontoons
Old     (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-26-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
So, what I'm reading is that you have a crappy dealer that isn't helping you
Bad dealers happen with all brands. Don't blame the manufacturer...unless you have contacted them directly and they said go pound sand.

Last edited by Bamabonners; 08-26-2015 at 7:20 AM.
Old     (ChuckTheWave)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-26-2015, 6:46 PM Reply   
That's it. After reading your post, I'm not considering BU anymore. I'm on the market for my first Wakesurf boat and was considering MC, SAN or BU. Now, I switch BU for Supra... Thanks for sharing and I hope you will have a resolution of all your problems and bad service with a toy that should inspire joyful moments not nightmares
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-26-2015, 7:24 PM Reply   
you would be crazy not to buy a BU if you liked the boats. they make great boats, have great service and back there product. just like cars in this price range, or any other product, things happen, but they stand behind it. the dealer has a lot to do with it. you could by a supra or mc or another boat and have similar issues.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-26-2015, 8:41 PM Reply   
read about 10 to 15 posts up. Tomio said Ron from Malibu called and will have everything sorted out and get Tomio and his family back on the water in a week. Sounds like they are also going to discipline the bad dealer too. I'd say they took care of things. BTW, on another note, I had an issue with my Supra (which I wont go into detail about) but Supra stepped up in a big way and took care of it so I would not hesitate to recommend Supra. Sounds like BU is stepping up and taking care of things here too.
Old     (AZShreds)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-26-2015, 8:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Alright we had a call this morning from Ron from Malibu boats. He was very helpful with everything and is going to get all the issues resolved. Says I will be back on the water next weekend. It was actually my dad that took the call, but they talked about everything that happened with the boat and all the other circumstances that have occurred. The dealer that we bought the boat from will be contacted and set straight. Sounds like everything is being taken care of now and hopefully problem free moving forward
Buy a Nautique and never look back...
Old     (k2rider)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-27-2015, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShreds View Post
Buy a Nautique and never look back...
^^Like Nautique hasn't had a bad dealer here or there??? Come on just because the dealer sucks doesn't mean that the whole brand sucks. There's been horror stories from every brand out there.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-27-2015, 6:53 AM Reply   
Buy an MB. They are the best boat in the world. Malibu offers terrible service... MB ALL THE WAY!

Last edited by davez71; 08-27-2015 at 6:54 AM. Reason: edit
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-27-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
read about 10 to 15 posts up. Tomio said Ron from Malibu called and will have everything sorted out and get Tomio and his family back on the water in a week. Sounds like they are also going to discipline the bad dealer too. I'd say they took care of things. BTW, on another note, I had an issue with my Supra (which I wont go into detail about) but Supra stepped up in a big way and took care of it so I would not hesitate to recommend Supra. Sounds like BU is stepping up and taking care of things here too.
Everything is being taken care of now and were heading in the right direction. Now that we have taken a bad dealer out of the equation and someone from Malibu that is actually taking care of us, things are going smoother.

Got a call from Shipyard yesterday and all parts were arrived yesterday and should have the boat running by today. Then off to the water to get a diagnoses of any other problems that need to be addressed
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-28-2015, 8:30 AM Reply   
Well got a call this morning and we have another cracked manifold. So I'll be waiting for another part to come in. Might just have to put the thing away for the winter. I'll be out of town for a week in September and after that it's probably going to be pretty cold out
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-28-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
that sucks man.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-28-2015, 9:11 AM Reply   
I give up on this damn thing lol so pissed
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       08-28-2015, 9:18 AM Reply   
I would look into what the Lemon Law is in your state and if possible get an attorney...
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-28-2015, 9:20 AM Reply   
How did you end up with multiple cracked manifolds? Who winterized this thing?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-28-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Yeah, this is crazy. The motor problems would be attributable to the engine manufacturer though, and not to Malibu, soooo.....
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-28-2015, 10:41 AM Reply   
Ya were dealing with Indmar now, separate from Malibu. The dealer mentioned in earlier posts is the one who winterized the boat. So it probably didn't get done correctly.

Lemon law is only within the first 12 months of ownership in Wisconsin, I believe. Considering trading it in now, missing out on half my summer each year is getting old.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-28-2015, 11:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ya were dealing with Indmar now, separate from Malibu. The dealer mentioned in earlier posts is the one who winterized the boat. So it probably didn't get done correctly.

Lemon law is only within the first 12 months of ownership in Wisconsin, I believe. Considering trading it in now, missing out on half my summer each year is getting old.

Wow! If u trade your gonna get hosed super bad!!!! Dealer will likely offer u $60s on trade! They should be able to get u a new manifold in early next week. It's not that hard a job to swap out.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-28-2015, 11:49 AM Reply   
Why are you having to deal with Indmar separately. Malibu should be dealing with them, not you.
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-28-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Wow! If u trade your gonna get hosed super bad!!!! Dealer will likely offer u $60s on trade! They should be able to get u a new manifold in early next week. It's not that hard a job to swap out.
It's not just the manifold, its everything lol going to try and be optimistic and hope I have the boat back for at least one more run this year.

Shipyard marine is dealing directly with Indmar because they have nothing to do with Malibu. I'm just wondering what caused both of them to go bad?!
Old     (tsagami596)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-01-2015, 8:24 AM Reply   
Well got more bad news today. It's still going to be 1-2 weeks before they even make the new manifold. Then it has to be shipped after that. This f***ing sucks. Been down for over a month and looks to be another 3 weeks probably without a boat. Pretty much this year is over for me. Hopefully next year is going to be better.