Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
We are doing a tribute peice on Cordell in the up and coming DS2. Do any of you have quality footage(riding and lifestyle) that we may be able to use. You would recieve proper credit of course. If so please hit me up directly at skurfgod@sbcglobal.net. I know Jocko had a bunch, but I have not heard back from him, so if somebody knows him, let him know we could use his help.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-09-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
Cool idea Jason......
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Anybody, Anybody - Beuller...beuller...
Old     (stephaneeee)      Join Date: May 2002       02-09-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Wonderful idea. I can't believe it will be six years this May.

We'll never forget Cordell, and the terrible lesson we all learned. Always wear your vest people.

Thank you for doing this Jason.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-09-2006, 9:46 PM Reply   
I wish I knew him but will never forget him. I never knew anyone to have passed away like Cordell did before he did. Even I was ridin, at the time, without a vest because I saw all the pros doing it and surfers dont wear one so I figured there was no need. I have never rode without a vest since that day almost six years ago. I have two yellow CK stickers on the back of my boat that I always look at when I am riding. G-D Bless you Cordell! R.I.P.

Isaac
Old    low_key_wake            02-09-2006, 11:08 PM Reply   
The lesson some of us learned. WEAR A LIFE JACKET. please. I never knew him, and am in no way "in industry", but it still makes me sad to think of losing a friend to a sport we all love.
edit: I dont even feal that I am deserving enough to post on a thread like this...Sorry...

(Message edited by low_key_wake on February 09, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
There was a bunch of footage of Cordell in Switch 22, I wonder if Ron Siedenglanz(sp?) of Sidewayz would be willing to let you have access to it. From what I've heard he's a cool guy. However I think much of the footage is him riding without a vest. Corey's passing was a shame, right before that my cousins friend did the same thing. I never rode without a vest but it certainly emphasized the the importance.
Old     (zride)      Join Date: May 2001       02-10-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
maybe Greg Nelson or some local Disco boys have some good shots. There has to be some video of him that we have not seen. I wanna see some of those OG off axis aka monkey spins that he invented.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-11-2006, 1:26 PM Reply   
As previously said, Right on Jason.... thanks for putting him in the DVD!!!

You should get a hold of Kelly and see if she has any footage.. if you need her # let me know