Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Hey everyone can you recommend a lake somewhere in Nor Cal? I live in Brentwood. Delta is fine but for camping looking for a nice Lake.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-20-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
Don Pedro is my favorite by far. I didn't care for Berryessa, Tulloch, or Melones. Just my opinion. Good luck. Plus Pedro is only 2 hours towing for you.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-20-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
I would tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Oroville or Bullards Bar are two of the sweetest spots up there
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
I like Pedro a lot for a close lake. Hogan is good during the off seasons. Shasta is definitely great, but a long haul. Bullards is a sight to behold, but can be a rough tow. There are so many great lakes in cali. You'll have to check a bunch of them out. It's worth it.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
Thanks Becky, how about if I take you out for a free weekend to your favorite riding spot? I'll close my eyes until we get there?
Thanks Hoser, and Seth. Pedro can't take my dogs, so Bullards I'm looking into.
Yahh Berryassa ain't the best but you could always see ur boat at night. See you at Union Point/ski beach
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-20-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
bass lake but its more central cali but views are insane!
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-20-2009, 4:27 PM Reply   
Trinity, Shasta, Bullards, Pedro, and McClure are my favorites.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-20-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
I know exactly what lake Becky would say :-)
Old     (kellen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-20-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
Pedro has awsome shore camping! Bullards has great boat in shore camping but the campsites are not ON the water u have to drive to the ramp and pull ur boat for saftey...we do pedro boat shore camping 5 times a year and love it. U can bring a dog out there..
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       05-20-2009, 11:00 PM Reply   
I like pedro for a number of reasons. Good water, nice shoreline, and nice rv spots. Orville is great too. It's a bit longer tow from the eastbay where live but worth it for a long weekend.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-21-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
pedro is nice. but i prefer berryessa. pedro has a lot of floating debris this time a year while berryessa does not. the only good thing about the logs and debris is fun stuff to ollie over.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2009, 7:43 AM Reply   
Oroville is nice, bt I don't think you can camp anywhere near the water. Boat gets pulled out when you're not on it.

But, they offer floating campsites, and those rock!
Old    jps            05-21-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Ya the floating sits are sick super easy and the have a bbq and bathroom on them if i remember right. Bullards bar is still my favorite if you are goin up that far. Tons of places for boat in camping.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Looking at the web site, I see bear food lockers at Bullards. I heard Bass lake is great. I gonna try Pedro first.
I work a 10 times a month and ride alot so I'm looking for something close. Berryassa was close and hardly any people during the week. I stay away from the water on the weekends and holidays. Stay away from the delta on the weekends if you can help it. BUT, you might find me out at ski beach or Union point,...once in a while on the weekends.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-21-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
I would have to blind fold you! A free weekend at my favorite spot... hmmmmmm very tempting!

Myke, you know what's up!
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2009, 11:04 PM Reply   
Hey all I've been looking at a lot of camp sites that were suggested? Most web sites don't give the low down on which sites have shade and you can see your boat in the water? The best web site so far has been New Melones. They give detailed messages on each camp site. With that said who knows of a specific spot at Pedro, or Melones, that has shade and you can see your boat from your site,... come on people, give it up. You show up when I'm there and the bar is open and I'll give you a spot in the boat (one pull only)LOL
HELP
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-27-2009, 11:11 PM Reply   
i have no problems telling you what lake becky's talking about.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-27-2009, 11:19 PM Reply   
What's it going to cost me?
The wife will be happy I got all but two days off in July.
Tell me where,.. and the bar is open.
Old     (allforfunnplay)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
there are three main campsites at Pedro. Flemming Meadows, Blue Oaks and Mocassin Point. I like Mocaasin because of the area of the lake has the narrower areas to ride (better water). Flemming is a nice campiste but the water near that area of the lake is more open. I've only camped at Blue Oaks once and didn't like it.

If you want to bring dogs, you might want to go to McClure. The camp sites aren't as nice but they have RV hook ups , they allow dogs and the lake in that area sort of reminds me of riding near Moccasin at Pedro.
Old     (allforfunnplay)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Pedro RV sites are about $30 bucks a night I believe? Regular camp sites are about $25 I think. McClure is a little cheaper I think.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2009, 9:17 AM Reply   
there's nothing like Bullards Bar.
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-28-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
Joe... you wouldn't! Don't hate just because you didn't like the road!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-28-2009, 9:20 AM Reply   
ONE PULL ONLY?!?!?!! hahaha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-28-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
yes i would!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-28-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
No, be nice for ONCE on WW Joe!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
"No, be nice for ONCE on WW Joe!"

hahahaaaaa
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-28-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
The road is terrible,and that lake is closed.....try Berryessa.
Old     (evadehickman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-28-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
If it's the road that's the problem, I think I know the lake Becky's talking about too. Wish I could spill, but have to respect the thread. Been there every summer for three years with camping and dogs. Do whatever you have to do to get Becky to tell.
Old     (ryker1)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-28-2009, 6:14 PM Reply   
Hmmm horrible road? I had my brakes fail heading to Clementine once. That was an adventure
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-28-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
Country Dick The whole reason were here is because Berryessa is closed except for two resorts.

Anyway If Becki is talking about lake Pilsberry? then I already know
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-28-2009, 7:33 PM Reply   
No,she's talkin about Lake Sonoma.
Go there already,because Pillsbury is CLOSED!

LOL.

I did go by Berryessa a few weeks ago,and there was nobody there,I mean,it looked like it was really closed.

Hopefully,I can get back to the "lake with the worst road" soon.
Possibly gettin a boat this weekend or next,damn soon though.I'll have to suck it up and hit Sonoma.
Old     (evadehickman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
Pillsbury closed? I haven't heard of anything about that. Am going up there this weekend...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
Camp Far West?
Old    jps            05-29-2009, 6:45 AM Reply   
Yup its closed no point in heading up there. Water sucks anyways and everyone is mean. LOL
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-29-2009, 6:49 AM Reply   
Sharks infest the waters and bigfoots pillage the shores of Pillsbury,

Beware the evil trolls on the road!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-29-2009, 3:42 PM Reply   
Pillsbury doesn't even exist. Its an urban legend dating back in the 1800s. It's a mythical lake from far far away that people only dream about wakeboarding on.
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-29-2009, 4:22 PM Reply   
Hmmm,... I've heard so much about that Myth. One myth is that you better carry a spare tire because the road in is hazardous to your trailer.

No one has said anything about Woodward? It's close to the east bay?

I'm going to hit New Melones, Pedro, and Woodward on Sunday look for some choice camp spots before I book in July.

Anybody want to ride on Tue/wed Orwood ?
Old     (evadehickman)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-29-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
Lost a wheel once. Those trolls get hungry after the long winter. Not to mention the dust. And the gas - $$$! Better just leave that lake to the crazy hill people that hold their cult meetings on the shores.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-29-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
I've gotten two flat tires there,because of the trolls,and gremlins took out my plug,and damn near sunk my boat once!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-31-2009, 3:50 PM Reply   
And I've heard Lock Ness' cousin lurks deep in the water.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-31-2009, 4:07 PM Reply   
I've seen em!
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-31-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
I'm one of the grand-ol' leaders of the crazy cult people. Don't tell anyone. Our real name is "Patron and the chasers"
Old     (eastbayrider)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-02-2009, 7:53 PM Reply   
Went to four different spots today found an OKAY place. Pedro by far. New Melones had the steepest shore lines and really no seeing your boat from shore at night. South side of Tulloch your going to here banjo's at night and be very afraid, Woodward has no gas and very little shade, wide open area with no structure.
Found a couple of good spots at Pedro with only about 100 yard walk from shore to camp at a moderate slope.
We might take a ride to Berryessa tomorrow?
I'm sure glad we didn't book a site from just looking at a web site. They make it seem so nice.
Only $133.00 for six nights seven days at Pedro. Still want to find another spot to play. What do you think about Turner Cut, Tiki Lagoon or Tower Park for another 7 day trip?
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-02-2009, 9:19 PM Reply   
Tower Park is really nice but the ramp sucks. Prolly the nicest campground around though? We love Tiki. Been going there for years and will be staying there next weekend, not the best but we like it. Turner cut has a better ramp but the campground doesnt seem any better than Tiki imo.